Concrete Angel

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

lil_angel_lover
Veteran

Concrete Angel

Post by lil_angel_lover » Sat Apr 12, 2003 3:06 pm

I almost cried whenever I heard that song. That scared me 2 death, as I go through that same thing. We scream in the night and the neighbors don't help. Teachers don't bother 2 ask us n e thing about our bruises when we get them. Only 2 of my teachers have figured out I'm abused and reported me, it was my counselor, and social studies teacher. But I'm so worried that sooner or later it will be 2 late.

If u r abused at home I highly suggest u listen 2 this song. It's a great song 2 relate 2. It's the best song in the world. But it makes me want 2 cry.

Heather
If you need to talk to someone I am here. I will keep everything you say confidential.

Saren
Veteran

Re: Concrete Angel

Post by Saren » Sat Apr 12, 2003 3:43 pm

I just saw that music video the other day and yeah it was sad. I'm so sorry about what happens at your house but if it was reported then I'm sure something will be done before it getting too late. I'm sure it's not though and if people have noticed, I'm sure they WILL take notice about it pretty soon. I just hope for the best and wish things WILL improve.

-Samantha- :horse:
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

lil_angel_lover
Veteran

Post by lil_angel_lover » Sat Apr 12, 2003 9:06 pm

Thanx. I've never seen the music video. And u know what? I've been reported 5 times, and had proof like the fifth time, and DFS isn't doing n e thing. I just want out of here so bad.

Heather
If you need to talk to someone I am here. I will keep everything you say confidential.

Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren » Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:19 pm

It is very very cool! I just wish there was something I could do about that situation... :(

-Samantha- :smarty:
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama » Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:01 pm

That is the most beatuful song in the world, with the most beatuful music vidio in the wrold to go with it.

The vidio puts a new spin on the song.

*SPOIL warning, i'm gona describe the vidio, if you'd rather wait till you can see it for your self, then stop reading now!*

It starts out showing the little girl walking off to school. As she walks along she sees another lil girl huging her mom, and then running into the school building. Then we see her inside the class room, with the teacher walking down the rows, and seing bruses on her arm, but ignoreing it.

Then when the song gets to the part about her wishing she were never born, you see her sitting in the school yard on a bench watching every one else play. Here comes this little boy, in a lether jacket even, and the lil girl and boy start talking.

In the chorus the seen changes to where you see the lil boy and girl at night, and they live next door to each other, and they're both at their windows talking.

In the next verse, here comes the mom while they talk. Starts yelling at the girl. Takes her aside, and you can see the shadow against the wall of the room of the mom beating her. All the while the little boy sits there and watches.

Then scean change again. Now theres ambulances and such, and people runing in and out of the lil girls house, and the little boy standing there behind the police line. The camara zooms in on the little boy, and his face sorta glows.

Scean change again. This time we see a semi circle of people around the grave. Infront of the semi circle is the little boy, with people standing behind him. he stands there and looks at the grave for a few. Then, and this is the great part, he turns around, and remember theres someone standing ritght behind him, and you see this golden shimmer, and he walks THOUGH the person standing behind him. When he gets on the other side, his face breaks into a grin, standing across form him, is the little girl! They both smile, and as the song ends, we see them running off holding hands, towards a group of kids in the distance who are waiting for them!!!!

I LOVE that song. You HAVE to see the video. If you have it, watch CMT [country music tv] or GAC [great american country] they play it alot lately.
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/

nj100688
Veteran

Post by nj100688 » Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:04 am

its a great song and GREAT video. its a must see. i think thats the first music video that actually brought tears to my eyes.

if u havn't seen the video go to launch.com and search for concrete angel. thats where i saw it.
its better to have people think you're stupid then open your mouth and prove it

If you're going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill

people often over look that a one in a million chances is still a chance

lil_angel_lover
Veteran

Post by lil_angel_lover » Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:30 pm

<span style=\'color:blue\'AAAW. My stupid Comp won't let me watch it. I guess I'm just gonna have 2 watch CMT (YUCK!) I'm not a fan of country music. But I got the CD so now I can hear the song whenever I want. That song makes me value that my counselor and teacher are trying 2 get me help. It also makes me relize that my stupid neighbors don't know when 2 call DFS on us.

Heather

lil_angel_lover
Veteran

Post by lil_angel_lover » Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:34 pm

I saw the video on GAC and it made me cry.

Heather

LonelyAsYou
Loyal

Post by LonelyAsYou » Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:38 pm

:'( that was so sad... i just downloaded it and it made me cry....

when i saw the boy talking to the girl through the window i was thinking 'o how convenient that he lives right next door' but i saw the ending and i started to cry.

heather- i hope everything goes well and you are in my prayers
And all the roads we have to walk along are winding

And all the lights that lead us there are blinding

There are many things that I would

Like to say to you

I don't know how

Because maybe

You're gonna be the one who saves me?

And after all

You're my wonderwall
[/b]

lil_angel_lover
Veteran

Post by lil_angel_lover » Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:09 pm

AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW Thanx Godslittlehelper. Thatz really sweet. Yeah I wish I had a Guardian Angel like that girl did. Isn't that cool how he walks through that 1 person, and meets the cute little girl. How come she has a Guardian Angel and I don't? LOLZ

Heather