Sims 2

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Sims 2

Post by SirPostAlot »

hey are any of you addicted ot the sims 2?

i enjoy it, play it for several hours at a time, haha, but i mean there does seem to something missing - i don't know what, but, ohh well . . .

like i enjoy building houses and all, but the play just lacks for some reason

(though i must say, i love the Open for Business game . . . )

though i can't seem to be able to do much except just good stores (like i can't have a successful resturante or salon or anything :( )

~jeff~
CausticTears
Veteran

Re: Sims 2

Post by CausticTears »

I love the Sims, all of them. But yeah, I agree with you on the lacking part. When I first got the Sims 2, I was addicted. After a few months or something, I lost interest in playing with my actual Sims. I like building houses and making the Sims, but playing it gets boring. But, there's new ones coming out! Like the pets one
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

yeah the pet one is pretty fun (though is quite like "unleashed") except you can do more stuff w/ them and stuff . . . but it is very similar

i am interested to see the seasons one, to have it rain and snow and get really hot and stuff...

hopefully it will be really relisitic to the point like if i send my kid to school in winter in shorts he will get ill, you know?

that would be really cool, b/c then you will have to focus ont he clothes and the health and everything like that

~Jeff~
Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Fishhead »

I want pets..and open for business..and all that wonderful stuff. I just have sims 2. I'm really addicted to it in spurts. Basically I'll go through a period where I play constantly and then stop for awhile. If I get any christmas money I plan on buying open for business and stuff. :)
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

haha thats how i am...

i would recommend OFB, you can do alot and its fun - though gets kinda repetitive, but its fun....

~Jeff~
sinical_sycology
Loyal

Post by sinical_sycology »

hmmm guess I'm the only one who doesn't really like this game....iono to me its kinda like iono playing virtual reality house. I like starcraft though muhahahahaha I OWN in that game, but my computer caught a fuckin virus I had to reformat everything.....just moved so I can't find my back - up discs and I can't find my original starcraft cd, plus I can't find my tv remote.....life fucking sucks ass. I'm gonna go curl up in my corner now......I feel empty
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"An educated fool is more foolish than an ignorant one." - Moliere -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -
PunkRockPimp
Loyal

Post by PunkRockPimp »

i like the sims, i just got sims2 its pretty cool. but i have a problem- i 'll play it for and hour or 2 and almost hate myself for wasting my time. i mean i make it such a priority for my sims to have a clean house but my room is trashed, lol. ironic huh? The Open For Business sounds right up my alley though, i ll design and running stuff.
<span style="font-family:Georgia"punkrockpimp LJ DOT COM___your so jealous
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

haha yeah i am in the same boat (though my room is clean, i have mine max out a lot of their skills and its like "okay i am having them paint or study mechanical and im here playing the sims, haha"

Open for Business is fun, though there really isn't any designing - which is what is painful...

you can build toys, electronics, and flowers ~ but they are pre-desitened what can be made . . .

and if you own a bakery - yeah you can make more and such for sale, but for the most part you cannot make too much...

my favorite is the art gallery ~ which you can browse the internet or use your pictures or drawings and have the sims paint them for sale...

~Jeff~
lyn4sho
Loyal

Post by lyn4sho »

I love Sims 2. But I haven't been able to play in a while. My folks don't exactly let me have "fun" on the comp. plus my comp. is kinda slow, it barely runs it, and will only run one expansion.

Disney needs to join up with Maxis and make a disney expansion! That'd be awesome!

But, gosh....I need a new comp. I own University and Family Fun, but it won't let me run Family Fun on it...which is a little stinky, cause that one looks cool! Ah well, one more semester til I get one...
Hello Adulthood!

The courage to serve them with reliance

Face my mistakes without defiance

Show them I'm worthy

And while I show them

I'll show me

So, let them bring on all their problems

I'll do better than my best

I have confidence they'll put me to the test

But I'll make them see I have confidence in me

-I Have Confidence

Sound of Music

http://fcla16.tripod.com/blogonlife/
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

I raised this like.. three generation family.. for about 4 months. Then the son got killed and I just couldn't play it after that.

I still have flashbacks.. oh the flashbacks.
Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Fishhead »

I bought university!! I'm hopefully getting nightlife for xmas and my best friend has pets and is probably getting open for business so before we install our new ones we're going to switch them out and whatnot so that we ccan both have all four :)
goodmorning
Loyal

Post by goodmorning »

Sims 2 is awesome! I am totally addicted to it. I think the best expansion pack so far is the Pets one. The Open for Business just confuses me....I don't know how to do it right, lol. By the way, does anybody else's dog start to disappear when it hits old age, or is that just a glitch in my game?
your name is the splinter inside me

while i wait.
Memphis38128
Loyal

Post by Memphis38128 »

I like the Sims games, but I currently don't own Sims 2.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

the newest one (comes out in March) looks amazing!!!

its seasons, they can get sunburnt, have snowball fights, play marco-polo, go fishing, garden, etc

~Jeff~
Hobofuzz
Loyal

Post by Hobofuzz »

It bugs me how EA dramatically reduced the amount of new content in the original Sims 2 and even with each new expansion. The new expansions always make me feel ripped off since it really adds like, only a few new features and barely any new content.
Genesis100
Loyal

Post by Genesis100 »

I used to be addicted to the first one, I bought nearly all the expansion packs lol. I got the 2nd one 2 years ago but I don't really play it anymore. I donno maybe I've just lost interest in it.

Disney needs to join up with Maxis and make a disney expansion! That'd be awesome!

[/b]

You might like Kingdom Hearts, if you have PS2. Basically all the worlds are based off of Disney movies and it's really fun and well done.(The 2nd one is even better too)
<b>What god doesn't give to you</b>
<b>You've got to go and get for yourself</b>