Walking Eagle

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Leapfrog
Veteran

Walking Eagle

Post by Leapfrog »

Senator Hillary Clinton was invited to address a major gathering of The American Indian nation two weeks ago in upper New York State .

She spoke for almost an hour on her future plans for increasing every Native American's present standard of living, should she one day become the first female President.

She referred to her career as a New York Senator, how she had signed "YES" for every Indian issue that came to her desk for approval. Although the Senator was v ague o n the details of her plan, she seemed most enthusiastic about her future ideas for helping her "red sisters and brothers".

At the conclusion of her speech, the Tribes presented the Senator with a plaque inscribed with her new Indian name - Walking Eagle.

The proud Senator then departed in her motorcade, waving to the crowds. A news reporter later inquired of the group of chiefs of how they had come to select the new name given to the Senator.

They explained that Walking Eagle is the name given to a bird so full of shit it can no longer fly
Rivv
Loyal

Re: Walking Eagle

Post by Rivv »

haha.

that was amusing/interesting..
Silence you lost me

No chance for one more day
sinical_sycology
Loyal

Post by sinical_sycology »

as popular as hilary is, congress will by all means stop her from winning the election.
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"An educated fool is more foolish than an ignorant one." - Moliere -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

as popular as hilary is, congress will by all means stop her from winning the election.

[/b]

I disagree. Congress is majority democrate, and if she is the best candidate they have, there gonna push her through
sinical_sycology
Loyal

Post by sinical_sycology »

doesn't matter if congress is democratic, there are other democratic candidates besides hilary who are very popular. For instance Barack Obama is a very likely candidate (he's african american) and he has a better chance at winning the presidency than hilary. Democrats and republicans are not that different from each other, in terms of large scale issues they generally agree with each other, with small issues they don't. And having a female for president sounds absolutely absurd towards them considering that most of congress is filled by a bunch of old dudes with very traditional values regardless of political ideologies. Do I disagree with having a woman as president? No I do not. However understand that with the war in Iraq and all sorts of tension going on in the world with Iran and Korea and what not there are a lot of people who don't think that Hilary, yes because she's a woman, that she won't be able to handle it very well. Now Personally I don't really care. I can't make decisions just yet because I have yet to hear what these polticians plan to do (although there really isn't a point they're all lying weasels anyways). But trust me Hilary is NOT their best candiate and she is far from it. I think Obama has a chance considering that he'll be getting a lot of votes from the south (who usually determine who wins anyways). And by the way the democratic takeover in congress this year wasn't that big of a margin, I believe they only have a few seats over the republican party though I can't be sure of the exact number, I only know that the democrats needed to take at least 28 seats to win. Anyways like I said if the democratic party wins the presidential office it won't be hilary. Unless all the democratic young people actually go out and vote.
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"An educated fool is more foolish than an ignorant one." - Moliere -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -