Fav. Type Of Dog

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Fav. Type Of Dog

Post by SirPostAlot »

Just curious what your fav. type of dog is??

Mine for the longest time was the yorkshire terrier, but over the past year or so i have fallen in love w/ border terriers...

Terriers are by far my favorite, especially smaller ones nad hte border terrier is just soo adorable ~ i can't wait till i have my own place where dogs are allowed so i can go get one ! :)

~Jeff~
Breathe_In_For_Luck7
Veteran

Re: Fav. Type Of Dog

Post by Breathe_In_For_Luck7 »

I really like beagles, proabably because I had one almost my whole life. They're really friendly too.

I also like boxers and Weimaraners. Weimaraners have the most beautiful eyes and coat.

Weimaraners:

Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

All of the above are gorgeous.

I love norfolk terriers, border terriers, king charles spaniels and greyhounds (plus lurchers = greyhound crosses).
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

norfolk terriers are quite cute too!

so are beagles (though i wouldn't have one, haha)

there is also a terrier that is hairless that is adorable, i'll try to find a picture sometime (probably after my 2 o'clock class)

~Jeff~
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

Ahhh, I don't like hairless breeds.

Border terriers are great (slightly on a tangent here I know) because they moult less than other dogs do. People who have allergies and/or are allergic to dogs often don't find borders to be a problem.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
The Mutant Pixie
Loyal

Post by The Mutant Pixie »

Ah... *rubs hands* ...a topic I can get into!

Border Collies... Border Collies... oh and Border Collies!

Oh and if your after non alergenic dogs Labradoodles don't malt so they're a winner!

M

(Lena, Megan would be shocked to see you speak of other dogs in such a way! :P )
If the towers wobbly at the base, dont keep climbing... nut it! If it falls over, then you have to rebuild it, if not your good to go on climbing!

You never only cross my mind

You always come and stay awhile...

Long enough to lift my spirits

Warm my heart

And make me smile.

Iris Murdoch:

"Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved."
sinical_sycology
Loyal

Post by sinical_sycology »

SAINT BERNARDS......they're big but they're lovable!!!!!

oooh yeah and bulldogs they're the best, loads of energy and great dogs to run around with
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"An educated fool is more foolish than an ignorant one." - Moliere -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -
WhOaMi?
Loyal

Post by WhOaMi? »

great danes are definatley the best.....ever since we got our first one 15 years ago we have not had another breed....yes they usually die young but they are the nicest, most prtective, cuddiliest dogs, and they shed very little!
Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Fishhead »

I LOVE king charles spaniels.. I also love newfies and great pyrenese (sp) dogs too :)
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

Ah... *rubs hands* ...a topic I can get into!

Border Collies... Border Collies... oh and Border Collies!

Oh and if your after non alergenic dogs Labradoodles don't malt so they're a winner!

M

(Lena, Megan would be shocked to see you speak of other dogs in such a way! :P )

[/b]

Megan is a greyhound/collie cross = a lurcher = in my favourites list. So there! :rolleyes:

And okay, collies are lovely. :P
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

SAINT BERNARDS......they're big but they're lovable!!!!!

oooh yeah and bulldogs they're the best, loads of energy and great dogs to run around with

[/b]

Ah! Haha. We had to watch a Saint Bernard for my cousin so he could find a place for it to actually live, and it was so annoying. Too lovable, but ultra annoying. It didn't listen, and it drooled EVERYwhere. But then again, you couldn't blame the dog. The person that had it first kept her in the backyard all the time and never really taught it anything.

Hmm.. I don't know that I have a favorite dog. I love the one I have now, and that's a dacshund. Then I'm also kinda fond of Shepards of all sorts. <3
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

candela
Needs Another Hobby

Post by candela »

i loove dogs, i really really want either a yorkshire terrier or a chihhuahua (sp), and i currently have a beagle. But i have a soft spot for boston terriers, daschunds, and english bull mastiffs as well.
</>Luck and Love to all</>

PM me if ya need anything

"It doesn't matter what other people say, or think when you see nothing in the mirror."
sweetcakes
Loyal

Post by sweetcakes »

i love love love pit bulls. i was raised around then and they are loving and protective over their owners...
<span style="font-family:Georgia"[I love my son!]

~*Nellie*~
The Mutant Pixie
Loyal

Post by The Mutant Pixie »

Erm... ok. I take it you don't keep track of Uk news that often (why would you?!) Pit bulls are illegal over here. There's a big ho-har about whether other "fighting" dogs should be to... theres been some maiming and a few children have been killed.

Sorry, just realised i pulled the tone down a lil bit there...

AL
If the towers wobbly at the base, dont keep climbing... nut it! If it falls over, then you have to rebuild it, if not your good to go on climbing!

You never only cross my mind

You always come and stay awhile...

Long enough to lift my spirits

Warm my heart

And make me smile.

Iris Murdoch:

"Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved."