anyone work at blockbuster?

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

prettynpink
Loyal

anyone work at blockbuster?

Post by prettynpink »

i just got hired in and i am having a horrible time at remembering the lingo all i remember is pos and mod whats all the others my ppl are not helping me so well at remembering them it's kind of a "on your own" thing right now.... and it sucks cause i am trying but i just cant remember at all!! :confused:
Michie
Veteran

Re: anyone work at blockbuster?

Post by Michie »

Hi there.

No, I don't work at Blockbuster but I just started working at a grocery store a month ago, as a cashier and it was challenging at the beginning for me to learn all the codes and lingos and rules.

I know it's not the same at Blockbuster...every job is different. But I did notice, at my job, that I had to learn on my own too. Nobody was giving me lessons on what vegetable was which (and it sounds easy until you see ones you've never came across in your life). If I needed help once in a while, I'd have to ask someone and I'd always feel really stupid doing it. Now I'm better and I don't take as long. But I still make tremendous amounts of mistakes.

What I did at the beginning of working at this job was I'd go to work about half an hour before my shirt began. I walked through the produce section, or an aisle, too look at what was there and what codes they were. Or I'd read the small manual that the manager gave me when she hired me. Sometimes I ask coworkers if I don't know something.

So if you need help when you are working, I'd suggest asking who you are working with. And take the time to learn more about the store.
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!