I was in a collision

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

munchkinprince
Loyal

I was in a collision

Post by munchkinprince »

This seems like the place to put this... I couldn't think of anything it could fit under, so I put this under chitchat. If a mod has a better idea, I invite you to move this. I'm aware that most of you won't know the names of the people. David is the semi-youth leader of my youth-led youth group. Scott is proficient in everything under the umbrella term of art and a neighbor-ish of mine. Summer's just a cool kid I have lunch with at school. Greg is my mom's boyfriend, a neurpathologist. I'm giving this intro because I'm posting this everywhere:myspace, facebook, here... anywhere else I can think of.

While making a U-turn down a city street close to my house, the car I was in got slammed into. The car did almost a full 180. I wasn't wearing a seat belt so I went flying. I hit a steel bar in the jeep and fell onto Summer. I asked everyone if they were ok. As Scotty turned around, he pointed out that I was badly injured. As this was news to me, he pointed out I was bleeding from my head. Alot.

I got out of the car. At the worst moment, there was blood falling from my hair while David was applying the most pressure. I kept asking if everyone was ok and if there was any damage. Of course they were all concerned about me.

I rode in an ambulance. I had to keep laughing or I would have thought seriously enough to be somber. It was EXTREMELY uncomfortable being strapped down with the injury ontop of a belt of the gurney.

OK... now the total rundown. The bad, could-have-been-worse, and the good.

Bad:

Girl was stupid. She had 3 people in her car at only 16.

Her car was brand new. The tags expired yesterday.

Her insurance has to be through the roof since there's also the problem that she hit us from behind.

David couldn't find his insurance card.

Could-Have-Been-Worse:

I realized this in the last hour since people left me alone in the house.

David was wearing a seatbelt.

Scotty was in the perfect position so that the force pushed him further into the door, plus, he was weighed down by his guitar in his lap, so he was ok even though he didn't wear a seatbelt.

Summer didn't wear a seatbelt, but she was also in the direction of the spin.

If Summer hadn't been sitting there, I would have slammed into the bar she was leaning on, giving me possible brain damage.

Summer said she felt like we were going to flip before we stopped. If you don't get why this would be as bad as I think it would have been... the jeep had a soft top. Scotty, Summer and I could have broken our necks or broken our heads open...

David lost his keys right afterwards for about 5 minutes.

Good:

uh...

mom and greg got off work early

I ate a cookie that Scott's mom made

David, Summer and I hung out for free

Shane, Michael and Janie hung out with us as well to keep me awake.

:D In summation, I'm good. I am amazed at the human body's ability to adapt to the situation. If I hadn't bled so much, endorphins wouldn't have let me joke around with people keeping me out of shock. If I hadn't had the adrenaline rush, I probably would have felt alot more pain. I didn't get stitches or staples... I didn't get painkillers either... :(

Don't worry about me, though, I'm cool!
Jesus loves you! Even if I think you suck!

Have a great day and a fantastic tomorrow!

:lol: :woot:

I know a kid named Sora who defeated the darkness in humanity's hearts and he's a teenager. You're an adult; what have you done with your life?
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Re: I was in a collision

Post by FiZzBaW »

Friend,

Thank you for sharing that with us.

I'm sorry that you got in an accident, but I am glad to hear that you are alright! Did you sustain any injuries besides the head bleeding? Did you get a CT or MRI done to make sure that your head is alright? I'm just curious.

-Wishing you a quick recovery

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Re: I was in a collision

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

Wow, glad to hear you're okay.
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy