Hysterical story for you all

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Breathe_In_For_Luck7
Veteran

Hysterical story for you all

Post by Breathe_In_For_Luck7 »

I was on the bus today, with my friends Kait and Alex, going to school to take my midterm. I was sitting by the middle door where people can get on with baby strollers and luggage. This lady comes on the bus with her stroller and baby and it's really crowded. She holds the baby in front of me and starts talking to me rapidly in German (I'm studying abroad in Germany right now). At first I was confused, but then I realized she wanted me to hold her baby. So I take her baby, utterly confused to why she would do this and I'm just holding it out like it's a bomb or something. Then Alex lifts the baby up a little and puts it on my lap so it's not just dangling there in the air. Who hands their baby to a stranger like that??? I could be a psycho killer or something. It was hysterical never the less. Kait, Alex, and I were cracking up for a good while after that. And the baby was cute. He had this blank stare on his face that was like, "What's up? My mom does this a lot."
Lena
Veteran

Re: Hysterical story for you all

Post by Lena »

Lol.... I think its a European thing. I've seen mothers do that here (UK) with waitressing staff ('would you mind just holding/going and settling my baby into the high-chair whilst I pay for the food?') I know they do similar things (as a regular habit) in 'family orientated' countries such as Italy, too.

Personally I think its crazy and I would never do it - I wouldn't trust a stranger with my child like that. (I also don't think its fair to the stranger (or waitressing staff!) to expect them to hold your baby for you, either - its your responsibility as a mother/father/guardian).

At the same time, however.... I love babies. I'd be happy to do it if asked. :rolleyes:

- My thoughts. :)

Take care,

Lena.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.