Paul McCartney... A**hole?

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Toast960
Loyal

Paul McCartney... A**hole?

Post by Toast960 »

I recently was watching my friend's dad's VERY VERY old VHS copy of "Let It Be" and I was noticing a common pattern. Generally all the negativity surrounding the Beatles while that film was going on was centered around Paul.From what I saw, it was Paul who instigates the row between him and George on how George is playing the guitar, everyone (John, George, Ringo) is having a grand ol' time messing about with a demo of what would become "Octopus' Garden" until a buit after Paul enters the room with Linda's daughter, Paul talks to a obviously uninterested and bored John about how they shouldn't listen to George's not wanting to do the rooftop concert and even doing the film in the first place. Now I must say that I do like Paul McCartney as a musician. He's put out many a great album (many of which I own on cd, a few on vinyl) but every time I've seen any of Beatles after the break up or anyone from the Beatles' inner circle, it seems like Paul was a bossy, domeanering person who rubbed people the wrong way, at least towards the end of the Beatles. A prime example of this is a George interview from roughly 2000/2001 where Paul had said in the press that he'd like to songwrite with George and in the interview, George said no way because "Paul had 13 years to write with me so why should I do it now?" Another example is the fact that apparently Paul had co-wrote the Sgt. Pepper track "Fixing A Hole" with long time friend of the Beatles, Mal Evans and had promised Evans a co-writing credit but nothing ever came about from it. Certainly makes one wonder if Paul is indeed... an a**hole.
To Liz, my one and only - May our love last forever :)

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.." - Jack Kerouac, "On The Road"
Lena
Veteran

Re: Paul McCartney... A**hole?

Post by Lena »

Well.... I know I don't like the guy. :rolleyes: I've always thought hes a touch arrogant, and he thinks his music is better than it really is. Plus he just bugs me, I can't quite pin point why (except, I guess, that arrogant people annoy me).
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
MattMan
Veteran

Re: Paul McCartney... A**hole?

Post by MattMan »

Well, from what I know of him (the fact that he personally redid the drums in a couple of the Beatles' last\later albums among a few other things like the one mentioned above), Paul McCartney is a loser who knows how to write good or decent music.