Did Anyone Else See This?

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Did Anyone Else See This?

Post by Jaegermeister »

I was reading one of two articles about some inhabitants of Iraq who were curators of museums. Their museums were ransacked and looted after the bombing stopped, and America moved in to secure Bagdhad. I'm not sure who to be pissed off at more... the Iraqis who did these heinous things, or the Americans who did nothing to stop it. This is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. So America invades Iraq, good for them. Whatever, it's all over and done with. Now that it is though, you sure as hell better act like the powerful nation you are and PRESERVE SOME FUCKING ORDER! The looting has been going on ever since the bombing stopped, and only recently have American troops even made any attempts at preserving order. Shit, we're supposed to be the most powerful nation of the world, and we can't even keep order in one !@#$% city!? Geez.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
partykid12
Veteran

Re: Did Anyone Else See This?

Post by partykid12 »

Well, actually the military is trying to stop it as much as they can, but they want the police to help more because they don't want it to look like the US is policing their country. But they are trying to stop the looting.
I used to get high on life until I realized it was cut with morons..
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

That's true, but I still think it's rather janky (stupid) of the US to assume a perfect transition from one government to the next. THERE'S NEVER A SMOOTH TRANSITION! I think the US should have been more prepared for this to happen to try and keep it from happening. I think right at first the Army and Marines, (in the absence or in coordination with the police) should have been out there prepared to deal with anarchy the second they stepped foot into Bagdhad.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

The people are terrified. They will now need a dictatorship in order to control them all. That is what happens when you segregate a country into different parts and put one government in charge of them all.

The soldiers have said they are not there to be police, so they have employed policemen from the old regime to keep control of the cities (duh).