If you're wondering why...

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

CausticTears
Veteran

If you're wondering why...

Post by CausticTears »

the chat room won't connect...

[quote=OverDrive]The server died. Our host is trying to rebuild it, but since he's rebuilding it, there are no "backups" from his side (there are from mine).

The hardware died, so he got new hardware, but he has to reload the operating system from scratch, re-do all the security, create his file structure for his paid clients, re-create the accounts, re-associate every IP that he has to a virtual interface for his clients (each "client" get's at least their own IP for the server), enhance the server (perhaps cluster it, or make a separate storage area network that holds the data, I don't know... he just told me that since he's having to redo this from scratch, he better do it right).

Every now and then I keep asking about it..... I try and connect to the server to see if it's up.

It's not the end, not even close. When I get it back, I just upload my files, and so long as it's the same operating system, it should work by just running the programs. Otherwise, I'll have to re-compile them (10 min max) and run them, and everything will work.

I'm just waiting on him.[/QUOTE]
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges
Spitfire
Veteran

Re: If you're wondering why...

Post by Spitfire »

That explains it. I was just about to start kicking Java in the balls.
Blame it on the yellow bananas..they just sit there..all..yellow-like!!

~FRODO THE FLYING PEANUT~

Post 200- Aug 10, 2004

Post 250- Aug 17, 2004

Post 300- Aug 23, 2004

Post 400- Sep 26, 2004

Post 500- Oct 26, 2004

Dont Make Me Eat Your First-Born Child!!
VittorioCole
Loyal

Re: If you're wondering why...

Post by VittorioCole »

NoNameScript + mIRC = WIN withouth Java.

if need be, I can make a temporary channel on irc.wondernet.nu. I have a friend that is the owner of the servers. Just let me know, please.
[CENTER]So you're the fire and I'm the water.

I am the balance and you are the color.

I won't forget you when we're not together.

This is the ending, here's my surrender.[/CENTER]