The Dream Dialogues

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

CausticTears
Veteran

The Dream Dialogues

Post by CausticTears »

Hey everyone,

I don't know about you - but I frequently remember a lot of my dreams. And let me tell ya - they are WEIRD! Sometimes, I get up in the morning feelings confused or irritated or happy or relieved or angry all because of what I dreamt. And if they are really vivid and weird dreams, I get intrigued to know why I dreamt it... what's behind it? Or simply, I just wanna share it! So here is the official topic for "Dream Dialogues."

Share your dreams here and if you have a reasoning to why you dreamt it, share that too... or if anyone else has a guess, we'll share our guess with you.

Here is part of an article I found on the web:
Dreams come from your soul and are intended to help you progress along your life path. In sleep the focus of the physical world and the body is on hold and during this period your soul has a perfect opportunity to dialogue with your conscious mind... or so it would appear. The problem here is that the subconscious never sleeps. Think of the subconscious like a faithful dog always on guard to protect its master. Your soul asks the conscious mind to make a change to some aspect of functioning in order to avoid a particular undesirable outcome. Let's take a very common example. Say your soul wants you to be less analytical / rational in your approach to life and to incorporate intuition / feelings into the decision making process. It dispatches a dream for this purpose. Ideally the dream is received and your conscious mind accepts the direction of your soul and begins a program to change in this direction.
[ Source ]
Last edited by CausticTears on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges
CausticTears
Veteran

Re: The Dream Dialogues

Post by CausticTears »

I will start.

My dream last night was with an old crush in Elementary school (why did he appear in my dream? I have no idea!!) and how he and I got together. I'll explain:

It started out with him, his g/f (who was his high school g/f and still was in my dream) and I having a sleep over at his house. His house wasn't really a house, lol. It was in the middle of a forest, his room was in one corner, his parents/family in the far corner with the dining table in the middle of this forest like place.

Welp, his g/f and himself said their goodnights to me and they went off to his room, while I slept in the guestroom (adjacent to his corner, except my room was like a picket fenced pen area wtf lol). Shortly, I heard them fighting loudly. ... she was saying, "Do you love me? Do you? Do you? 'Cause if you don't, I'm leaving." And so he went on to tell her he didn't love her. She got up and left abruptly.

He then came out of his room, walked over to my balcony style demented room and began to tell me they had broken up for good. Also, he told me he had a thing for me... and we began kissing... and undressing each other... and the good stuff began. lol

This whole dream was so surreal, tho. I woke up confused, happy, and irritated. I had a crush on this guy all throughout elementary and middle school... but seriously, why the dream now? I don't see him, talk to him or anything. I wasn't thinking about him before I slept or anything like that that would correlate the two together. Only thing I can think of is maybe I was trying to convince myself that I can still like a guy in that way, like I used to?
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges