High School

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

tornbutterfly
Loyal

High School

Post by tornbutterfly »

Right now, I cannot wait for high school to get here...Well, first I want the summer to come, but then..I'm looking forward to high school. Is it better than junior high? Because, first of all..I'm a lot different than alot of the kids in my class, and I'm into a lot of differnt other things, and I've never really "belonged" with any group- and second of all, I go to a small school, only about 100 in the junior high- thats only 50 in my class..and they all just...never give me a chance. And the good thing, is the highschool is like 3 times bigger than the junior high, and I'm hoping maybe I'll be able to fit in. What do you think,? Is high school alot better than Junior high?
The whole idea of fitting in is crazy to me.

Why would you want to be just like everyone else?

The same old stuff. How great not to be.
skykid2006
Loyal

Re: High School

Post by skykid2006 »

I think high school is a lot harder then jr high.
you laugh because im different i laugh because youre all the same.

Care bears rule !!!!!!!!

skykid2006

view my pics. at http://www.picturetrail.com/gid2037204
DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie »

High school rocks so much. I hated junior high school for the most part because like you I found it hard to fit in. I always felt like I was just a tag along in any group. In high school I've been with a great group of friends that grows and changes every year [the band dorks] and I have friends all over the school. Our high school is 2800 strong, but our middle school had 1300, so I've never been in a small school. I imagine it would be difficult. Hopefully you'll enjoy high school a lot more. You're really cute and seem like a sweet, friendly chica, so it should be all good for you to make friends who like you for you and you feel comfortable around. <3
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

High school is more of the same old bullshit that junior high was.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Crazy Bird
Veteran

Post by Crazy Bird »

Originally posted by DLtweeds@May 11 2003, 06:29 PM

High school is more of the same old bullshit that junior high was.

TJ

Haha :lol: I have to agree. High school (or Secondary School as it is called here) completely licks balls!!! :lol:

So don't worry about it... ;)
~ Tell me all your problems & I'll try my best to kiss them all away ~

Now here you go again, you say you want your freedom

Well who am I to keep you down

It's only right that you should play the way you feel it

But listen carefully to the sound

Of your loneliness

Like a heartbeat drives you mad

In the stillness of remembering what you had

And what you lost

Well It's only me that wants to wrap around your dreams

I love you...
TheLastKiss
Loyal

Post by TheLastKiss »

high school sucks
i would wish upon a star

but that star it doesn't shine
Gambit006
Loyal

Post by Gambit006 »

same old cliques and shit that you had in junior high....high school is just closer to college lol.
You know when you're sitting on a chair and you lean back so you're just on two legs then you lean too far and you almost fall over but at the last second you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time.

xoxo Catherine

My Diary
JennaBean
Loyal

Post by JennaBean »

ya high skool def sux! i liked junior high ALOT betta... but then again theres alot more people in high skool! i dunno skool in general basically sux!
*Its ok to kiss a fool

*Its ok to let a fool kiss you

*But never let a kiss fool you
nj100688
Veteran

Post by nj100688 »

i havn't been to high school. i'm going next year like u. i think its people's peference because some people might have bad memories of middle school but some people might have good memories and miss it. i'm going to miss middle school because grades count in high school. i love when i get a bad grade on a test and i say "oh well grades don't matter till high school" out loud when the teachers close by lol it pisses them off so much. :lol: ok i'll stop now.
its better to have people think you're stupid then open your mouth and prove it

If you're going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill

people often over look that a one in a million chances is still a chance
MenaceToSociety
Loyal

Post by MenaceToSociety »

See I'm happy about getting to go to high school next year because for the past three years I've been separated all day in this f***ed up hellhole without my best friend and next year I get a new hellhole and my best friend is going to the same hellhole as me! So I'm very excited! I don't have any real friends at my middle school hellhole... My only real friend goes to a different middle school hellhole! Only 7 more days for me! YAY!!! :woot:
pmfman
Veteran

Post by pmfman »

there is good and bad.

good:

more people (if you like being around others)

allowed to eat during class (depending on teacher)

more laid back

bad:

more people (if you dont like being around others)

harder to talk to teachers

attendance police
"we have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated" - Corinthians

"only two things are infinate, the universe and stupidity" - Albert Einstein

"People standing on escalators are a testimony to human lazyness" - Christ Novolestic

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are" - Kurt Cobain

"Just because your paraniod it dosnt mean there not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"Peddle the ass that god gave you, buy nitrous" - Dave Ghrol
spatulaoflove
Veteran

Post by spatulaoflove »

well at my jr. high everyone dressed and acted the same it was just one big pile of people that wanted to fit in and had no personalities. Also i stayed more to my grade..... Highschool for me is better in the since that there are more people, and grades mish mash and its easier to find a group that is more like you....for example there are NO punks or goth people at my Jr. high but at my highschool there are like tons and stuff...well not goths.....well one or two but they're such posers lol
love,

Teal, the magical lute playing elf
Dino
Loyal

Post by Dino »

Teachers may try to scare u with lots of work... (like in the beginning of the yr)

I dont think theres much difference though, except the work loadz...
"Nothing happened to a man that he is not formed by nature to bear"
Minx
Loyal

Post by Minx »

i wouldnt knwo im not in high school yet...but i am looking forward to it so much...but actually im looking forward to the summer more then anything...but i do think highschool will be better then middle school (junior high)
Dose it honestly really matter? think about it
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

High School is SOOOO much higher the junior high. Advice here:

~DO NOT SKIP SCHOOL!!!!!! Skip once your hooked, and then your screwed

~Do homework the NIGHT you get it, or you won't get it done.

~Teachers realy don't care if you pass or fail (most don't anyways)

~Be buddy buddy with teachers, you'll get alot futher in your classes

~DO NOT FAIL! You fail once your shit outta luck

~FIND OUT YOUR REQUIRED CLASSES and take them ASAP. Do NOT wait to take them.

~Watch out for older guys (They will use you)

If i think of anymore i'll tell you, but i'm totaly searous. IF i could retake my high school years I would sooooo much and sooo fast!
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
Crazy Bird
Veteran

Post by Crazy Bird »

Originally posted by Cindy@May 12 2003, 03:43 PM

~Watch out for older guys (They will use you)

That is soooo true!!! :rolleyes:

Older guys are soooo hot but most of the typical "high school hotties" are sex obsessed freaks who turn out to be pathetic nob heads who become too obsessed with their looks and end up turning crazy. LMFAO! Okay maybe not but you get what I'm trying to say. Watch out for them. ;)

Although older guys are much FUNNER. I used to sneak out to get stoned and drunk with older guys...infact I still do sometimes. Heh. :lol:

Watch out what crowd you get in with...teens are MUCH more rougher in high school. :blink:
~ Tell me all your problems & I'll try my best to kiss them all away ~

Now here you go again, you say you want your freedom

Well who am I to keep you down

It's only right that you should play the way you feel it

But listen carefully to the sound

Of your loneliness

Like a heartbeat drives you mad

In the stillness of remembering what you had

And what you lost

Well It's only me that wants to wrap around your dreams

I love you...
rancy
Loyal

Post by rancy »

you will have to do a lot of stuff in high school, and the subjects are gonna be harder..., but the fun thing in hs is that you will meet different kinds of guys, and you will prob find a guy that suits u the best! you can go to proms or something like that when u get to hs, which you see will be pretty fun
DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie »

Originally posted by Pinkdoodie@May 12 2003, 12:46 AM

well at my jr. high everyone dressed and acted the same it was just one big pile of people that wanted to fit in and had no personalities. Also i stayed more to my grade..... Highschool for me is better in the since that there are more people, and grades mish mash and its easier to find a group that is more like you....for example there are NO punks or goth people at my Jr. high but at my highschool there are like tons and stuff...well not goths.....well one or two but they're such posers lol

Exactly, junior high's so full of lemmings. High school is at least partly non-lemming-filled. Lol.

Everyone talks about teachers not caring and having so much more work, but I don't see that. Even in a school with 2800 people I've never had a teacher that wasn't willing to work with each student personally. I'm even in IB which is supposed to be college-level, and all of the teachers are still cool. I'm really close to 2 or 3 teachers, because I've had them more than one year. Like my band teacher is pretty cool with us, since we have him all 4 years. It helps when you get to HS if you're involved and join clubs/band/sports, because then you meet more people with similar interests and make new friends more easily. I joined marching band in 9th grade, and the summer's band camp helped me meet people so when I went to school I had friends already who were seniors/juniors/sophomores, and I didn't feel so lost. <3
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.
KermitKnowsIloveHim
Loyal

Post by KermitKnowsIloveHim »

High school is so much better than Middle school. Theres always a place where everybody can fit in... people are differnt, and although there are cliques, theres not as much popularity... nobody really cares how you dress or act...

Even if you think you're all alone, if you look hard enough in a highschool, you can find somewhere to fit in...

:D
<span style='font-family:Geneva'"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing everyday" ~Winnie The Pooh

The most dire disaster in love is the death of the imagination -G. Meredith

What is a friend? A single soul in two bodies -Aristotle