G8 Rant

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Eleri
Loyal

G8 Rant

Post by Eleri »

Well, they've finally left evian where the G8 summit was held. Some of them anyway. But not Geneva.

As if living in a place which hardly ever gets any attention isn't bad enough. Now we're getting attention for the wrong reasons. All those 'casseur' in town. It's going to be a long time 'til we can go shopping -- or anything else -- normyally again. And most off them are probably just trying to discredit the peacful protesters.

it sucks. They had to close our school today, and they've been smashing windows in town. I mean, the peacful march was kinda cool, yesterday, but what's going on in town isn't. And all because the French have completely closed off Evian. So, obviously, as Geneva (where I live) and Lausanne are close, we get the rioters. And the damage and everything. And it's not as if anyone is going to lift a finger to help clean up!

Sorry, just had to rant about that. All because of a bunch of a hundred or so rioters, no one pays proper attention to the peacful demonstrations, and those are the ones that are important. At least, that's what it's like over here...
---Yesterday is history - tomorrow is a mystery...today is a gift - that's why they call it the present---

---Boys and sticks. It's pathetic ---

---Power and Chaos...it's the ONLY way---

---I'm a big girl!---

---What was it this time, pink elephants? A little rabbit with a waistcoat and a watch...?---
nj100688
Veteran

Re: G8 Rant

Post by nj100688 »

i heard about that. it must suck to live over there now. all i know is that there were some protests. i didn't know there were riots.
its better to have people think you're stupid then open your mouth and prove it

If you're going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill

people often over look that a one in a million chances is still a chance
Eleri
Loyal

Re: G8 Rant

Post by Eleri »

They've been smashing stuff - window etc. - in town, and stealing things. And yeah, it does suck
---Yesterday is history - tomorrow is a mystery...today is a gift - that's why they call it the present---

---Boys and sticks. It's pathetic ---

---Power and Chaos...it's the ONLY way---

---I'm a big girl!---

---What was it this time, pink elephants? A little rabbit with a waistcoat and a watch...?---