Streak My Hair?

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

*mel*
Loyal

Streak My Hair?

Post by *mel* » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:26 am

hey all!

Um, this summer when I go to camp, I am thinking of streaking my hair a light purple. A girl there will do it for me. But, I wanted to know how hard it is to streak it. How do you do it also? I'm really worried about making it be even too, cus after camp, is vacation,,, and I don't want to look totally horrible for vacation.

So, what I'm asking is...

Is it hard?

Any tips on making it so it's even and looks good?

AND, is there any type of dye that i could buy that comes out in like 10 washes or something that way in case I don't like it, I won't be stuck with it permanently? Or is there a type of spray or soemthing? And where could I get this dye at?

thanks!! I really appreciate it!! :D

KermitKnowsIloveHim
Loyal

Re: Streak My Hair?

Post by KermitKnowsIloveHim » Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:32 pm

Use a toothbrush to streak it :D
<span style='font-family:Geneva'"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing everyday" ~Winnie The Pooh

The most dire disaster in love is the death of the imagination -G. Meredith

What is a friend? A single soul in two bodies -Aristotle

Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames » Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:39 pm

Hi,

Hmmm...do you have a beauty college in your town? They'll do it there for a really good price, and it's extremely good quailty. Ask your mum or dad if there is one in the town.

I use Manic Panic to dye my hair, but I'm getting it redyed this Friday, and I'm using n"tence, n'rage. I'm curious to see how it will turn out, but if you want good quailty dye, use Manic Panic. It is semi-permanent, and it will wash out depending on how use you hair is to color. What color is your hair? If you want it to come out quickly, within a couple weeks, don't bleach your hair. The dye will come out naturally.

Keep in mind that the girl who is dying your hair might not quite know what she is doing. My suggestion is to go to a place where they DO know, because she could really fuck up your hair doing it herself.

Also keep in mind that purple fades to grey, and it's not the most attractive color on earth. I have used many different colors, but I stuck to blue. Then again, I'm not sure what color a light purple will fade to. I only know what a dark one will.

Cheers,

~~sarcasticwraith~~

Use a toothbrush to streak it [biggrin.gif]

Hmmm...never heard of that before
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...

DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie » Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:41 pm

Lol @ Anna. I streaked her hair with a toothbrush, mwahaha, but that's what I've always used instead of a tinting brush to dye my own hair. I think purple hair is supremely sexay [totally biased opinion of course ;)], but if you're that worried about how it's going to look then I wouldn't trust someone else to do it. <3
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.

*mel*
Loyal

Post by *mel* » Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:03 pm

thank you everyone! :D but, one more question,,,where can I pick up Manic Panic? I didn't see it at Wal-Mart or anything...... ?

DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie » Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:29 pm

Can't get it at wal-mart unfortunately :P....try hottopic.com if you don't have a Hot Topic near you or I'm sure you could order it cheaper off of a different website because hot topic is always overpriced. Hair/beauty supply stores have it sometimes.
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.

Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames » Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:13 am

Hi,

You can pick up Manic Panic at Sally's Beauty Salon. I'm not sure if that's just in Reno, or whether it's a franchize or not. I don't beleive Hot Topic carries it.

Cheers,

~~sarcasticwraith~~
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...

dragonangel(ash)
Loyal

Post by dragonangel(ash) » Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:21 am

its alot of fun and really easy
we are offered many paths in our lifes that can lead us sometimes to happyness .....but to get there, we must go not stand and wait for someone to take it for us.

bird go poof, goblin go splat!!!!!!

http://www.chat.webrpg.com