Dungeons & Dragons

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

She
Veteran

Dungeons & Dragons

Post by She »

Anyone play? I want to play D&D but only one friend wants to and is competent enough to play, another friend always wants to be DM all the time even though he barely knows the rules. And he apparently has yet to meet everyone's good friend Description. ("Okay. You walk into a room. And there's a table. And a door. What do you do?" AHHH.) Occasionally, for kicks, the three of us get the ten-year-old neighborhood kids together for a game. Chaos generally ensues. ("I wanna be an elven ranger like LEGOLAS! I can walk on snow without breaking the surface." "No, you're level one." "But LEGOLAS can do it." "LEGOLAS would be like level twenty two. You are level one." "Can I be level 22?")

One family got banned from playing because their very Catholic parents think it's devil-work or something. Ahaha.

I'm probably the only one on here and am just rambling pointlessly to myself. Oh well.

Oh, and I'll take a longshot: anyone play Magic, or on any PernMU*s?
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Mail Order
Veteran

Re: Dungeons & Dragons

Post by Mail Order »

Argh... You'd think that a mod of the TH Lounge would realize that this goes in Entertainment? Hrm... Guess I'm the only one here who really pays attention...

**Moves to Entertainment**
ATTENTION: Due to finanical difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.

"They turn the lights down low,

In shadows hiding from the world,

Only coming out when it gets cold.

The seas part when they hit the floor,

The voices carry on and out the door

And everything you touch turns into gold

Like the angel you are you laugh creating a lightness in my chest,

Your eyes they penetrate me,

(Never cease to amaze me)

That's when I got up and left" Like The Angel - Rise Against
She
Veteran

Post by She »

Well, it's not really related to movies, music, or television at all, so I was hesitant to post it here. That was my reasoning. But, okay, this works too.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

pmfman
Veteran

Post by pmfman »

i am workingon a dongeons and dragons type game. my demo is ready, but if u people would play it it would give away my name :P
"we have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated" - Corinthians

"only two things are infinate, the universe and stupidity" - Albert Einstein

"People standing on escalators are a testimony to human lazyness" - Christ Novolestic

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are" - Kurt Cobain

"Just because your paraniod it dosnt mean there not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"Peddle the ass that god gave you, buy nitrous" - Dave Ghrol
She
Veteran

Post by She »

Ooh. I wanna seee! I won't tell, I promise. :P

Tyoka
Veteran

Post by Tyoka »

Originally posted by She@Jul 24 2003, 05:23 AM

Anyone play? I want to play D&D but only one friend wants to and is competent enough to play, another friend always wants to be DM all the time even though he barely knows the rules. And he apparently has yet to meet everyone's good friend Description. ("Okay. You walk into a room. And there's a table. And a door. What do you do?" AHHH.) Occasionally, for kicks, the three of us get the ten-year-old neighborhood kids together for a game. Chaos generally ensues. ("I wanna be an elven ranger like LEGOLAS! I can walk on snow without breaking the surface." "No, you're level one." "But LEGOLAS can do it." "LEGOLAS would be like level twenty two. You are level one." "Can I be level 22?")

One family got banned from playing because their very Catholic parents think it's devil-work or something. Ahaha.

I'm probably the only one on here and am just rambling pointlessly to myself. Oh well.

Oh, and I'll take a longshot: anyone play Magic, or on any PernMU*s?

omg i know exactly what you're talking about. one of my friends want to be an elven wizard with blue hair and a beard....but we went ahead and let him, and then when we decided to make lvl 5 character, another friend wanted to be...lemme see if i can get this right...a half-orc/half-elf, Chaotic-Evil, paladin/sorcerer/monk/cleric/druid, who worshipped no gods. We had a looong talk about the rules of the game.

We need to get a chat room set up so we can role play in there. I mean, it may not be as fun as in real life, but there would be more people.
In this bloody dawn

I will wash my soul

to call the spirit of vengence

to deny my wisdom for anger

to break the scream of the silent fool

and to be knightrider of doom

The Tetsusaiga's tranformation effectively changes it from a Katana to a Falchion.

This changes its damage to 7-15 and increases its range by 10.

If you understood any of that, you have problems.
Mail Order
Veteran

Post by Mail Order »

**Is totally lost**
ATTENTION: Due to finanical difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.

"They turn the lights down low,

In shadows hiding from the world,

Only coming out when it gets cold.

The seas part when they hit the floor,

The voices carry on and out the door

And everything you touch turns into gold

Like the angel you are you laugh creating a lightness in my chest,

Your eyes they penetrate me,

(Never cease to amaze me)

That's when I got up and left" Like The Angel - Rise Against
poogi
Loyal

Post by poogi »

Originally posted by Inu Yasha@Jul 24 2003, 06:10 AM

We need to get a chat room set up so we can role play in there. I mean, it may not be as fun as in real life, but there would be more people.

I believe there are several IRC rooms set up specifically for that purpose, complete with random number generating scripts for dice. Do a search and you should find a few of their sites.

I used to play a few years ago, but eventually just lost interest, primarily due to the severe lack of people who played it(decently, anyway) in my area.
What did moths bump into before the electric light bulb was invented?

Boy, the lightbulb really screwed the moth up didn't it? Are there moths

on their way to the sun now going, "It's gonna be worth it!" - Bill Hicks
She
Veteran

Post by She »

Originally posted by Inu Yasha@Jul 24 2003, 02:10 AM

omg i know exactly what you're talking about. one of my friends want to be an elven wizard with blue hair and a beard....but we went ahead and let him, and then when we decided to make lvl 5 character, another friend wanted to be...lemme see if i can get this right...a half-orc/half-elf, Chaotic-Evil, paladin/sorcerer/monk/cleric/druid, who worshipped no gods. We had a looong talk about the rules of the game.

That'd be cool. I'll make an IRC channel, on the TH servers or something.

Have you heard Dungeons and Dragons Parts 1 & 2 (two seperate files) by the Dead Alewives? They're completely hilarious. "I wanna cast a spell!" "*sigh* What spell do you wanna cast?" "...I wanna cast MAGIC MISSILE!" "There's nothing to attack." "I'm attacking... THE DARKNESS!"

Sk8r_4_LiFe
Veteran

Post by Sk8r_4_LiFe »

i always wanted to get into D&D but its hard to learn all the rules

when i did play i was a Human that was evil - necromancer level 1, worshiped i guess the devil or something like that.
Me: So do you like, HIM?

Rosca: No way, they suck. . .

Me: How can you say that, they're love METAL

Rosca: They ain't Metal!

Me: Well they probably get more women than we will ever in our lives combined

Rosca: Yea cause they're gay. . .
FryGuy
Veteran

Post by FryGuy »

I played D&D first edition rules for a little while(like 2 or 3 sessions with 2 friends).

If you want to play D&D do a search for MUDs, they're a texted based RPG and I think they run on D&D rules.

Or go out and buy Baldurs Gate 1 & 2, Icewind Dale 1&2, or Neverwinter Nights, they're all D&D games that run off the actual rules from the pen and paper game.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" ~Plato

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,

One million deaths is a statistic" ~Joseph Stalin
She
Veteran

Post by She »

Yes, but there's a certain feel you get from sitting around a table with your friends listening to the dungeonmaster talk that just doesn't exist with those games. I have NWN, actually, and it's pretty cool. But it's no D&D. IWD is single-player, I think, and Baldur's Gate is very limitted as to character types and stuff. And yeah, a lot of MUDs run on D&D rules, but they're all hack-n-slash--no character interaction, really. I like to play more for the actual interacting, -being- your character, escapist aspect. MUSHes are another fabulous way to RP. If anyone likes that sort of thing, PM me for some good ones.

Hmm. I think Hobby Town USA has weekly D&D sessions. When I can drive I may join up. :)

Sk8r_4_LiFe
Veteran

Post by Sk8r_4_LiFe »

if someone could build a chat server or just chat on AOL, then we should do like Teenhelp D&D!!!

She
Veteran

Post by She »

Or you just make a room on the TH chat server. :) Which I just did. So /join #DnD-roleplay when you get on. If you guys want we could get a DM (I'll do it if nobody else wants to) and set up a normal weekly time. Get an actual game going. It'd be great fun.

Tyoka
Veteran

Post by Tyoka »

i wanna be the DM if I can ever get in there! =P you can if you want it's just i've gotten use to being the DM with my friends. OR maybe we could BOTH be DMs? It would be kinda easier if we had a large group of people.
In this bloody dawn

I will wash my soul

The Tetsusaiga's tranformation effectively changes it from a Katana to a Falchion.

TheAshtrayGirl
Loyal

Post by TheAshtrayGirl »

i played D&D but then noone i knew could do it. they thought it sounded cool but wouldnt learn, or couldnt. i guess just like yer friends. :rolleyes: o well
i love you Andrew, and theres nothing anyone can do.

http://www.matazone.co.uk/theotherside.html
Tyoka
Veteran

Post by Tyoka »

i still wanna play D&D in the chat room, but no one is ever there. should we set up a time or something?
In this bloody dawn

I will wash my soul

BirdMan
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by BirdMan »

Ive never made a good dm, but i love dnd. I also play magic with the crappiest red deck ever.
She
Veteran

Post by She »

All right, what are good times for people? Evenings or mornings of the weekend are best for me. Tuesday or Thursday around 8 would be good for me probably.

Sk8r_4_LiFe
Veteran

Post by Sk8r_4_LiFe »

how bout now lets play now