Am I The Only One Who Still Uses...

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Mail Order
Veteran

Am I The Only One Who Still Uses...

Post by Mail Order »

Correct grammer, and puncuation on the internet?!? I mean... you're all raping... yes RAPING, the English Language!!! I mean... the internet is filled with morons like *Matts*Baby*Gurl* who spell 'sexy' like 'sexi' and use the word 'eye' for 'I'!

I know I've been a real bitch lately, and I DON'T CARE!! I'll probably get taken off the 'Mod Squad' for it, or even banned... but oh well! I'm following Brillo and Hara-Kiri's examples, I'm finally saying WHAT I FEEL. I've accepted and tolerated all of the stupid, annoying idiots for SO long, keeping it bottled up, it's driven me crazier than EVER! AHHHH!!!!

And I KNOW that TH USED to be my life, but when it was gone for the week or so that it was I realized that I CAN live without it, and that I DO have better things to do with my time... Like dealing with my OWN problems right now!!! And...and...and... I can no longer express how I feel with words... Just writing this has made me madder than ever, and no words in the english language can describe how I'm feeling at this very moment...

So, I'll just leave now before I really get going and start singling people out... There's so much I could say about almost each and everyone of you... SO, what comes of these words of anger will come, and it will pass...

-Dani :blink:
ATTENTION: Due to finanical difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.

"They turn the lights down low,

In shadows hiding from the world,

Only coming out when it gets cold.

The seas part when they hit the floor,

The voices carry on and out the door

And everything you touch turns into gold

Like the angel you are you laugh creating a lightness in my chest,

Your eyes they penetrate me,

(Never cease to amaze me)

That's when I got up and left" Like The Angel - Rise Against
pmfman
Veteran

Re: Am I The Only One Who Still Uses...

Post by pmfman »

i agree, i hate slang very very much. well misspelling it isnt slang but whatever. but i still agree.
"we have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated" - Corinthians

"only two things are infinate, the universe and stupidity" - Albert Einstein

"People standing on escalators are a testimony to human lazyness" - Christ Novolestic

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are" - Kurt Cobain

"Just because your paraniod it dosnt mean there not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"Peddle the ass that god gave you, buy nitrous" - Dave Ghrol
Ashley
Loyal

Post by Ashley »

Originally posted by ??M??l_?d??_J??????-@Jul 23 2003, 10:46 PM

There's so much I could say about almost each and everyone of you...

hmm....what would you say about me? i have no clue if you like me or not, and i'd wanna know what you'd have to say, so maybe i could change it. :)
yzarc
snoop83
Loyal

Post by snoop83 »

QUOTE (-??M??l_?d??_J??????- @ Jul 23 2003, 10:46 PM)

There's so much I could say about almost each and everyone of you...

yea well i don't wanna hear it....so what if some of us has problems? i know i am a lil fucked up in the head and a lil crazy at times, but hey whatever i gotta do to not think of the bad shit then im gonna do it
WAR... THE ONLY WAY TO PEACE... I DON'T FALL FOR THAT

"Maybe I'm crazy but laughing out loud makes the pain pass by."

"Fools are we if hates the gate to peace"

"There are bad times but that's ok..just look for the love in it"

"9 planets areound the sun, only does the sum imbrace, upon this watered one, so much we take for granted"

"We'll fight back the pain with love"
sugarpacket
Loyal

Post by sugarpacket »

uh, sorry... all i do is refuse to capitalize things UNLESS I'M SCREAMING. ;)

i can agree with you when you say that it is rather annoying when there are whole sentences like, "eye'm gunna get wit yor man, yo. so u awl betta wach mah brotha, yall. he wil kill yew. we is sexi, ain't we? yew spel lyke me and mah brothas so u r kewl."

yeah, that makes my blood boil (especially because i am going to major in english in college this fall... argh.) sorry that these random misuse of english bothers you that much. really i am: sorry... try to smile next time you find a common annoyance like "yew" or "mah" or "sexi" (yes, the possessive pronoun thing really does bother me, too... but smiling and letting bygones be bygones helps.)
kiss, crush, bliss, blush... finally happy. so happy. so lucky.

diaLoGue shrUgGed
The Brillo Pad of Agony
Veteran

Post by The Brillo Pad of Agony »

Originally posted by ??M??l_?d??_J??????-@Jul 24 2003, 06:46 AM

Correct grammer, and puncuation on the internet?!? I mean... you're all raping... yes RAPING, the English Language!!!

Hee! Constructive criticism here.

If you're going to moan at people for correct usage of grammar and punctuation, spelling things correctly could help illustrate your point, rather than make it amusing and mostly groundless.
<span style=\'color:red\'~*=I AM WANT TO DIE=*~
Britt
Veteran

Post by Britt »

grrlstar0357......your sentence with the messed up english is hilarious....haha.....hmm..yes..i do get "angry" when all these people use funky words.....the person who bothers me the most with it is taco flavored kisses......every damn post is jibberish...grrr.....but what do i do??....is it the dots...??

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Don't fret Dani. I still use proper English. Heaven forbid that we actually look coherant and educated.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Britt
Veteran

Post by Britt »

well...i just found the perfect example of this......some girl said..i don't wana sound s2pid..and she spelt stupid s2pid!!.....

Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

I'll admit i used to use "u" and "r" and "y" and "2" a while ago. Then I looked at how it looked - and what i came accross as- some immature dumb little girl ... so I've learned..
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
DrummerBabe228
Loyal

Post by DrummerBabe228 »

Its a habit 4 me...i mean im trying to cut my habit of it but i just go so used to it...haha plus its just faster because im kinda a slow typer...lol
ive got a bad feeling about this
Flowers For The Dead
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Flowers For The Dead »

Come on, now!?! Does it really matter that much???? I don't see why it should bother anyone.. i reely dont kno wat teh big deal iz
Fill up the bucket with whatever ya got.

Make sure it's somethin' that the bucket likes alot.

One day CUT FREE!!!!
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

The only improper grammer I tend to use on a regular basis is "......" I use it when I intend a pause. For example: Wel....... I dunno.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
nj100688
Veteran

Post by nj100688 »

most of the time the only words i spell differently r "u" and "y" just because its easier than y o u and w h y but for the most part i still spell the way i was taught in school.
its better to have people think you're stupid then open your mouth and prove it

If you're going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill

people often over look that a one in a million chances is still a chance
Sky
Veteran

Post by Sky »

Thank You Dani,

It is about time someone noticed and was annyed by it (I thought it was just me.)
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'Something told the wild geese

It was tine to go

Through the fields lay golden

Something wispered- "SNOW"

Leaves were green and stirring

Berries,luster-glossed

But beneath the warm feathers

Something cautioned- "FROST"

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

But each wild breast stiffened

At rembered ice

Something told the wild geese

It was time to fly-

Summer sun was on their wings

Winter in their cry
She
Veteran

Post by She »

Yup. You really have to stop worrying about breaking the rules if you want to retain your sanity. People PISS ME OFF on here. I mean, what the hell. "im so cnfused mai bf jus dumpd me n i don tno wut 2 do sum1 plz hlp i m so confused i cheetid on hm wit dese 2 other guyz n now hes mad wut did i do i luv him so much o ya we d8d 2 wks n i luvd hm so muhc!" WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ON!

Grammar, punctuation, spelling... these are all essential components in communicating effectively through a text-based medium, but most people still can't even write out three letter words (too, you, why, are, et cetera). And don't get me started on punctuation, paragraphs, (Oooh, is -that- what the key over there that says 'enter' is for?) and run ons. Ahhh. I don't need encyclopedia-perfect writing, but if it were legible it would be really helpful. Talking like that online is like mumbling with a heavy accent using slang nobody knows in speech, and NOBODY UNDERSTANDS. Then the same people come back and bitch that nobody responds and nobody likes them. BECAUSE NOBODY UNDERSTANDS THEM!

Argh.

However, it does make me respect the intelligent people on this site a lot more. Really, you CAN'T care if you're going to speak your mind about things and you're intelligent enough to think for yourself (this goes for anyplace).
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

It takes so much effort to read bad grammar.
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
The Brillo Pad of Agony
Veteran

Post by The Brillo Pad of Agony »

wot u sain bowt my mum?
<span style=\'color:red\'~*=I AM WANT TO DIE=*~
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

Originally posted by The Brillo Pad of Agony@Jul 25 2003, 10:06 PM

wot u sain bowt my mum?

no no NO!

You've got it all wrong!

It should be more along these lines-

'wut u sayin bout ma maw'
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace