Post Counts

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
itsme
Veteran

Post Counts

Post by itsme »

K, I sorta find post counts pointless, in a way. I think that our post counts shouldnt b shown under our names to other members of teenhelp. Y does it really matter who has posted more, as long as were still helping right? I think that maybe our posts should still b counted, but not make it visible to other ppl. And if ur curious to how many posts u have, then just look in ur control panel or something like that. Y do we have them in the first place? Its quality not quantity isnt it?
PICTURES.

"Picture the scene, where whatever you thought, would in the blink of an eye manifest and become illustrated. You'd be sure man that every line drawn reflected a life that you loved not an existence that you hated."- incubus

"I'm Sick of Painting in Black and White. My Pen is dry, now I'm uptight. So sick of limiting myself to fit your definition. Redefine."- incubus
Sam!
Veteran

Re: Post Counts

Post by Sam! »

You're right, but it's nice to be able to see who's active and stuff.
-Sam!
itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme »

then can't we find another way to show someone is more active then others? or maybe then can show it in the persons profile. If people wanna know that badly to c whos more active then click the persons name and check. its not that hard.
PICTURES.

"Picture the scene, where whatever you thought, would in the blink of an eye manifest and become illustrated. You'd be sure man that every line drawn reflected a life that you loved not an existence that you hated."- incubus

"I'm Sick of Painting in Black and White. My Pen is dry, now I'm uptight. So sick of limiting myself to fit your definition. Redefine."- incubus
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

I think admins should be able to give people a rating in stars.
-Sam!
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

Because that wouldn't play favorites.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

True, that's really not fair, you are right.
-Sam!
itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme »

? :blink:
PICTURES.

Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

LOL, she was being sarcastic. Maybe we could have some way where members could rate other member's advice? Too hard?
-Sam!
itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme »

lol i thought so, but then u responded like u knew how she felt......K anyways lol

yeh that would b cool. instead of post counts. but then some ppl might get really low self esteem and such. it motivate them to help in more topics then chit chat, instead of ppl concentrating on a higher post count.
PICTURES.

Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Originally posted by itsme@Aug 3 2003, 03:45 PM

lol i thought so, but then u responded like u knew how she felt......K anyways lol

yeh that would b cool. instead of post counts. but then some ppl might get really low self esteem and such. it motivate them to help in more topics then chit chat, instead of ppl concentrating on a higher post count.

I really wish there was a better way. But when I look at my post count, I do look at it as an achievement. Like I'm about to hit 300, and I'm proud that I am participating so much.
-Sam!
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

I don't even bother looking at post counts anymore, I don't care how many posts people have or where they get them from.

I base it on the advice I see them giving, and how much they are beginning to annoy me.

:)
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Originally posted by fruitloop@Aug 3 2003, 05:10 PM

I don't even bother looking at post counts anymore, I don't care how many posts people have or where they get them from.

I base it on the advice I see them giving, and how much they are beginning to annoy me.

i think that's really smart. Considering especially that I'm the 100th place poster, and you have ten times as many posts as me. I used to think only people with no posts didn't like post count, but now I'm not so sure, as I see you four digit guys talking about this.
-Sam!
itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme »

Originally posted by fruitloop@Aug 3 2003, 09:10 PM

thats exactly y im saying that we shouldnt have post counts
PICTURES.

daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

It's not like I'd stop coming here if they took off my post count..
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Originally posted by fruitloop@Aug 3 2003, 06:09 PM

It's not like I'd stop coming here if they took off my post count..

LOL! Well if they kill them, they should def KEEP joined dates.
-Sam!
tornandalone
Loyal

Post by tornandalone »

i agree post counts are stupid!!!! i dont look at them anymore...i dont think they should be there
"faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

my getto name is...Fellatio Kawfi!!
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

If you guys don't look at it, then why take it down?

I like seeing who posts and who doesn't.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Post counts are really the only way to show who is active and who is not, we need them.
NAAM
Ashley
Loyal

Post by Ashley »

I like seeing who's active or not also...
yzarc
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW »

I think post counts are a great tool to see who is active and we should keep them!!

-My thoughts Plain and simple :-p

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group