Do We Have Any Say?

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
SanchezRD
Loyal

Do We Have Any Say?

Post by SanchezRD »

Admins,

I was reading your 'Announcements' and I thought Id reply to a few of them and give my thoughts about them but appearently as users we can't.

My problem with this is simple. You don't have a selected area (which is viewed daily) by Administrators where we can offer our imput to your 'Announcements'.

Have you ever thought that maybe we, as the life of this site, don't like some of the changes you are making/made?

Why can't the members of this website offer their thoughts and imput? Don't we have a say in how this site is run? I mean seriously. If all the members left TH this site would die.

Without us, There is no teenhelp.

I do believe you should either A: Allow us to reply to your announcements or B: Create a forum called 'Announcement Replies' so we as members can tell you what we personally think/feel about changes you make/made.

It's just a thought.
-Click Here 2 View My LiveJournal-

"Jobs are created when the economy grows; the economy grows when Americans have more money to spend and invest." - President George W. Bush

"We will bring security to our people and justice to our enemies." - President George W. Bush
Saren
Veteran

Re: Do We Have Any Say?

Post by Saren »

Well, pretty much you can put some input on it. That's why we got the suggestions forum :P
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

SanchezRD
Loyal

Post by SanchezRD »

Not really.

"Jobs are created when the economy grows; the economy grows when Americans have more money to spend and invest." - President George W. Bush

"We will bring security to our people and justice to our enemies." - President George W. Bush
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

Well really yeah. That's what it is. Then we'd be going into category of in the Announcements. SUGGESTIONS are for what we can do about the place. So you really do ;)

If you think you don't have any say, then I think it's easier to check. There are people here that get away with so much that you don't get much say. Check through some things in the suggestions forum. THAT is where we get ideas from you guys. You can't really say that you don't. There are bunches of topics there suggesting things. If you say you don't really get any say, these gender status bars wouldn't be there. THAT was suggested from a member. :P
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

The Admins are always open to hearing what you have to say, thats why we made this form, so people can suggest what they want to see or tell us what they don't like. This form is the form in which you speak. If you have a promblem with somthing that the admins do on the site (as in somthing they change on the site, ect.), or have somthing to add, then make a topic here. The admins read this everyday, and if there is a suggestion, they liek or agree with or somthing major they either change it, or bring it up in their weekly meeting. Your always listened too, even tho you may not think you are.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

TeenHelp.org Site Feedback Page

Suggestions Forum

General Forum

These are the 3 places where you can give your replies and such for admins to read.

I read all 3 on a regular basis.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

The first forum I read, every single day is Suggestions, then General. If you just read the suggestions and general forums you will see that members do have a large say in what happens to this site. As Adam (OverDrive) has said, you can state your thoughts in several places.

Afterall, you have just practices your right to influence the site through petition.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW »

Friend,

I am just going to re state what all of the others have said here. You have a say, the suggestions forum is for you to state your opinion, You really can't say that you don't have a place to express your thoughts because that is exactly what you just did. I read this forum everyday when I come on. I want to know what members think of the site, we all do, We want everyone to have a way to input thier ideas, If we didn't listen to the members, what would be the point?

-Post your thoughts in general and your suggestions here( as others have stated), and they will get read, you DO have a voice, whether you see it or not.

-FiZz :dancing:
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

SanchezRD
Loyal

Post by SanchezRD »

Then maybe the administration should add a sub-forum under Announcements or under General labeled:

'Replies to Announcements'

OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

There is no need, "replies to announcements" are done via the 3 mentioned ways above - suggestions, general, and the feedback form. It would be a waste of space for a subforum. We did try to allow replies to announcements but then decided it was not a good idea in the announcements forum.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

They also have a chat session which you can sit in on weekly at like 5am my time.. so it's OK if you have no life and are in America and like to sit in on those things.
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

The times of the chat may also be changing, but we have not picked a more suitable time for all of us so the meetings still are at 11PM Est on irc.teenhelp.org (the chat) in #board
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I agree w/ samantha (of course ;) ) and the admins...there are many places where you can post replies...and also, you can use the personal messanger...found at the bottem of each post in the PM stage...
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Originally posted by Velionic@Nov 20 2003, 04:38 PM

Admins,

I was reading your 'Announcements' and I thought Id reply to a few of them and give my thoughts about them but appearently as users we can't.

My problem with this is simple. You don't have a selected area (which is viewed daily) by Administrators where we can offer our imput to your 'Announcements'.

Have you ever thought that maybe we, as the life of this site, don't like some of the changes you are making/made?

Why can't the members of this website offer their thoughts and imput? Don't we have a say in how this site is run? I mean seriously. If all the members left TH this site would die.

Without us, There is no teenhelp.

I do believe you should either A: Allow us to reply to your announcements or B: Create a forum called 'Announcement Replies' so we as members can tell you what we personally think/feel about changes you make/made.

It's just a thought.

It's a valid point. Maybe we should have a board of MEMBERS.
-Sam!
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

I dont get off where you say it's a valid point as i pointed out we have 3 methods of contact for suggestions, replies to the announcements, and general inquaries. Board of members post = denied anyways - read it for more info.

Either I make all forums have 10+ subforums and make the site look terrible, work terrible and have 10000000000000000X extra work, or we leave it as is and you accept the fact that we have 3 methods of Suggestions, Replies to topics in announcements, and feedback on the site.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner