Posting Too Often!

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
Gandalf
Loyal

Posting Too Often!

Post by Gandalf »

I don't like it when people post for the sake of posting. Its been no more than a week since these new boards opened and already people have posted up to 350 odd posts just for the sake of getting more bar things next to their names, and not being called "newbies" anymore. Shouldn't there be some kind of limit to how much people can post. 20posts a day for example. The people that post this much rarely say anything of interest or anything to try and help the person with the problem. For example, "Yea I think that too" end of post. I know some people post lots that give lots of good help so it would be a drawback for some, what does everyone else think? :huh:
"The happiest people are those that are too busy to realise whether they are or not."

Enlightenment is the one and only answer to happiness

It will take a lifetime to realise who you are, just trying to be yourself is a much more obtainable goal

Read And Follow The Support Group Rules
Cindy
Veteran

Re: Posting Too Often!

Post by Cindy »

I hate that people just post and all, but 20 messages a day wouldn't be good at all. I have to make around or more then that a day...... and some people actually do help by popsting more then 20.... but as dustin sayd, if you see people doing that pm me, dustin or jake and we'd be glad to take care of it :)
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
daloverlyme
Loyal

Post by daloverlyme »

i admit i have done it. but normally ill help way more than 20 people at day if i can.

*********************THE <span style="color:red"LOVES
OF MY LIFE!!!!!********************

My daughter Kate was born June 16th 1997

My son Timmy (Timmers) was born Aug 1st 2004

I had my daughter Aiyana Moon Love on July 1st 2005.

AshLynn was born Jan. 28th 2007.

I Married to Chandler William. Friday March 20th 2004
xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx »

are you like referring to me?? lol.......i didn't think i was doing that!! but i'm just so bored and i have no life....so i post alot! lol
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

Gandalf
Loyal

Post by Gandalf »

20 posts a day was just an example. Also, I didn't mean people just posting for the hell of it, I meant people posting too much, one line posts for example, that aren't really helping that much. It is hard to explain now; if it was not clear from my original message, i think AmAndA knows what I mean. <_<
"The happiest people are those that are too busy to realise whether they are or not."

It will take a lifetime to realise who you are, just trying to be yourself is a much more obtainable goal

Gandalf
Loyal

Post by Gandalf »

Did you read the post?

"know some people post lots that give lots of good help so it would be a drawback for some"

daloverlyme
Loyal

Post by daloverlyme »

omg helen what is your problem with me, it seems like in a number of forums your acting like this to me. if you have a problem than pm me please.

*********************THE <span style="color:red"LOVES
OF MY LIFE!!!!!********************

My daughter Kate was born June 16th 1997

My son Timmy (Timmers) was born Aug 1st 2004

I had my daughter Aiyana Moon Love on July 1st 2005.

AshLynn was born Jan. 28th 2007.

I Married to Chandler William. Friday March 20th 2004
xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx »

i don't really care! SWEEEEEEEEEEET i'm a postwhore now! lol
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

oneforthemoney
Veteran

Post by oneforthemoney »

Sometimes people just post cause their on the net so much....like me! But I don't post much really, just sometimes...but I am on here everyday .
Gandalf
Loyal

Post by Gandalf »

Yea I agree with all of those things posted in the last few days on here. The post limit was simply an idea to deter people from giving large ammounts of useless posts. Maybe the rank should be determined by number of words? Im trying to think of another solution. Also, what are the boudaries, 50 posts = 2bars? ps, post whores lol :)

Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

You know if people get post whore happy to up their status... theres always a little Admin control panial that i have that i can always change their rakings to "newbie" again, and knock their post count down to 1 and never let it move :) ;)
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]