Redundant..

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
Nj
Veteran

Redundant..

Post by Nj »

Friends / Family falls under relationships, as they are relationships. I think that if we're going to call a forum relationships we shouldn't limit it to dating, and then con-dilute forums with another category for friends and family. All relationships are that, relationships.

My idea is to combine Friends / Family / Relationships into one and name it Relationships or something to that extent. I mean, look at it "Sex and Relationships" maybe the dictionary meaning of relationship is wrong, but its not only about people you go giggly and giddy over..

i'll go hide now...... :bag:
--nj

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Re: Redundant..

Post by SirPostAlot »

I have wondered this myself...because i always consitered realtionships for realtionships w/ family members and friends...i say "yes"
xolilsk8rchicaxo
Veteran

Post by xolilsk8rchicaxo »

i dunno i like the separate. its easier to just be sorted. then you know if its a significant other/crush or if its a friend/family. i like it the way it is so...
I've found a reason for me

To change who I used to be

A reason to start over new

and the reason is you

I've found a reason to show

A side of me you didn't know

A reason for all that I do

And the reason is you
WonderDream
Loyal

Post by WonderDream »

i agree with lilsk8rchica, i like how they are organized. so you know when it has to do with matters of the heart and matters of the home..
STOP DROP KABOOM

there's gotta be more to life, then chasing around every temporary high, to satisfy me

-Stacie Orrico
Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama »

I personaly like how they are organized, they are both BROAD topics, that are VERY busy, combining them would make alot of work for us poor mods =P

Or so says me any way, lol
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

--nj

Rob
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Rob »

I have to agree here, it is redundant. Otherwise me might as well divide up the sex sex sex forum into male and female as well, seeing how overcrowded it still is. It's just silly, as is relationships and family.

Rename relationships to dating or something then. Surely one could find something more differentiating than it's current name.
xolilsk8rchicaxo
Veteran

Post by xolilsk8rchicaxo »

yeah if you put a whole category "relationships" and then "dating"(or another word cuz sometimes its crushes or exes) and "family/friends" under it thatd be okay. but i dont want the two of them mixed. and Nick you know what she meant, dont take her words so literal!
I've found a reason for me

To change who I used to be

A reason to start over new

and the reason is you

I've found a reason to show

A side of me you didn't know

A reason for all that I do

And the reason is you
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

I like them the way they are--but let me see if I'm understanding what all of you are saying.

Relationships (CATEGORY)

--------- Dating (FORUM)

--------- Family/Friends (FORUM)

If so, I really don't like that. We try to create very broad categories and not go overboard with the new forums. In the end it is a lot more simple. And if we make the forum so complex that people can't figure it out that is a very bad thing. We have 7 categories and around 30 forums already.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Rob
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Rob »

You're contradicting yourself Skye. You want to be as broad as possible yet still simple to understand? Then merge relationship and family in something like 'Friends and Family'.
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by Rob@Jan 14 2004, 11:47 AM

You're contradicting yourself Skye. You want to be as broad as possible yet still simple to understand? Then merge relationship and family in something like 'Friends and Family'.
How is keeping broad generalized categories contradicting simplicity. If you ask me, they're hand-in-hand.
HelpingTeens.org:

skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

If it's to do with categorizing then what difference does it make WHERE the forum goes? *really doesn't see the problem here*
I wish I were a spy.
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

i'm saying lable the two existing relationship forums correctly.

at this point "Relationships" be definition should not weed out family/friends, use a verb skye, nothing more.. if the two are combined even better!
--nj

Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by Nick@Jan 14 2004, 03:43 PM

at this point "Relationships" be definition should not weed out family/friends, use a verb skye, nothing more.. if the two are combined even better!
Well, personally, I don't see them being combined because they are two very different types of relationships and each comes with its own set of very complex problems.
HelpingTeens.org:

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by Skye+Jan 14 2004, 06:55 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Skye @ Jan 14 2004, 06:55 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Nick@Jan 14 2004, 03:43 PM

Well, personally, I don't see them being combined because they are two very different types of relationships and each comes with its own set of very complex problems.[/b][/quote]

I had figured as much, which is why I differed to simply labeling them correctly. Which would be said labels or similar ones.

Romantic Relationships

Friend / Family Relationships

ultimatly to have just "Relationships" and allow only Romantic ones is a bit wrong seeing as how your using a very broad word and limiting the forum's post topic.
--nj

Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

Oh Come on! These have been two boards since the start of TH! no need to change something thats worked for years. Besides keeping them seperet is alot nicer then combinding the forms. I can't help anyone w/ dateing really, but I can help family questions. Its easier for someone like me to look up thoses family questions quickly then searching through many post about dating to find one about family....

Did that make any sense??? more then likely not....
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Cindy, that made perfect sense--to me at least. I've been trying to say it's fine how it is.
HelpingTeens.org:

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by Skye@Jan 15 2004, 12:16 AM

Cindy, that made perfect sense--to me at least. I've been trying to say it's fine how it is.

we all have different opinions. it was an idea skye, not concrete being dumped over top of you. You yourself and you supposed proper word use should know that it currently makes no sense as is, but hey, whatever...

:guns: Cindy, try reading through the topic. Its been obvious from the start the combining idea got nixed and the topic moved on. its called compromise... :)
--nj

Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

Good, I'm glad this idea got 'nixed' .. wouldn't be worth all the trouble anyway ...
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by Shwynsh@Jan 15 2004, 10:39 AM

Good, I'm glad this idea got 'nixed' .. wouldn't be worth all the trouble anyway ...

the idea didn't get entirely nixed.. this is starting to piss me off, don't you people read!? jeez... :furious:
--nj