Suicide Mods..

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
Adnama
Veteran

Suicide Mods..

Post by Adnama »

This is hard for me to say, and I wish that it didn't need to be said, but lately it's been noticed that one of the mods in suicide isnt... well.. the greatest mod for that topic?

I'm referring to Sky. I believe this whole issue was accented by the little skirmish between her and Heart7799 over the topic earlier.

"like I said b4 some ppl want help and some merely post here 2 just let every1 know here they are gonna kill themselves..." -comment made by sky.

Should someone who thinks that not all suicidals need help, and that some simply "want every one to know" and that those people don't need help really be a mod in such a serious topic?

Suicide is a very heavy topic. Yes, the person who posts may only have the intention of telling every one their "good byes" and they may be set in their was, that doesn't mean to give up on them, and that the mod of the form, the person who should be the first to help in such a case, should have the attitude of "well... they're set and ready to go, alright, bye, sorry you had such a crummy life."

Now i'm not saying that Sky has every said such a thing, but thats the gist of the comment she made.

Her posts are also... well... not the most amazing heart felt helpful posts i've ever seen. Yes, thats the word, helpful. A "Oooh, please don't kill your self" post is nothing compared to a post that supports, comforts, gives some explanations/alternatives, offers help, and invites the person to im/pm/email all in one post. And an "oooh please don't kill your self" post isnt all that helpful either. I know when i'm in my suicidal moods someone whom i hardly know going, "ooh please don't kill your self" is something that i ignore, i read the ones like i mentioned before, something that is *helpful*

In any event, i think that this needs some attention.

Sky, I know that your doing your best, and all you wanna do is help. Thats great. Its noble, and its a wonderful thing to be doing. Please don't take this as any thing personal against you, thats the last thing i want. But the fact is, you're likely to end up doing more bad than good if things go on like they're going on now. You should consider sticking to self expression and fashion. I've never been into fashion, but as far as self expression goes, you're doing a great job! And i'm sure its a similer case in fashion.

And i DONT want this topic to turn into any kind of fight between any one! Please, when i say something needs to be done, i dont mean that that something is to argue till someone gets mad and storms away!

Thank you.
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
Sky
Veteran

Re: Suicide Mods..

Post by Sky »

I do apologize... for having that fight... I am debating whether 2 delete it or not thank u for posting this in a nice way.... :( :) If the admins have 2 remove me off suicide im okay with that... I dont care... right now I just well... am ... well being an ass these days... I guess 4 personal reasons (no its not pms lol)
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'Something told the wild geese

It was tine to go

Through the fields lay golden

Something wispered- "SNOW"

Leaves were green and stirring

Berries,luster-glossed

But beneath the warm feathers

Something cautioned- "FROST"

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

But each wild breast stiffened

At rembered ice

Something told the wild geese

It was time to fly-

Summer sun was on their wings

Winter in their cry
Sky
Veteran

Post by Sky »

can some1 lock this topic ne way... even if there is no fight...

It was tine to go

Berries,luster-glossed

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

At rembered ice

It was time to fly-

Winter in their cry
Sky
Veteran

Post by Sky »

and I also understand that... I shouldent turn my problems right now on the SGs... especially suicide... right now... I feel extremely triggered... sorry 4 the lack of posting in self expression...

It was tine to go

Berries,luster-glossed

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

At rembered ice

It was time to fly-

Winter in their cry
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Post by Barbies are Evil »

Sky, its ok, your a great mod, just not for something that serious, don't get down on yourself for this.
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Ok, first and foremost, Sky wont be removed for one little incident. Second, I am contacting Sky now to ask her what happened. Sky has been having a lot of personal problems lately and I can't say that I blame her for whatever she did. I myself took time off due to personal problems. So, the topic will be dealt with by me, if it disapears, it was my decision.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.