Where For Art Thou Helpnet?

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
Jake
Loyal

Where For Art Thou Helpnet?

Post by Jake »

It has been over a year since a new helplink (now named "helpnet") has been proposed. Instead of having SOMETHING there, many people are losing help because of this lack of another kind of service. Can someone please tell the users of this site what is going on with this Ex-Feature? :)

[EDIT: err, reworded to not sound so demanding....sorry]
-Jacob Wilson
OverDrive
Veteran

Re: Where For Art Thou Helpnet?

Post by OverDrive »

Welcome to my life, busy as hell, I'm trying to excell too fast and am busy as fucking shit. We don't have time currently to work on helpnet even though I did read a bit to refresh my mind today on it. I'm currently employed for 4 months at this company and I'm up for a promotion to a Level Zero Systems Administrator already - even though on the requirements it says that I have to be in the "Technical Support Department for a minimum of 9 months." Being up for this promotion (i've i pass all the tests and such) means that I will have made a HUGE JUMP in my career path. I'm sorry for those who hate the idea of me advancing in my career path hurting teenhelp's "HelpNet" but I also have noticed that the rest of the admins are busy with their lives, with the support groups, and frankly Skye and myself are overworked with getting this site to be what it is today. it takes a lot of maintanence to keep it up and we have done an amazing job of keeping it up this long, through these tough times, and to be quite honnest, this question you ask us month after month or 3 months after 3 months is getting downright annoying.

HELPNET WILL BE DONE WHEN IT GETS DONE.

I would love to share ideas with you and let you in on how it's being done and get your feedback, so contact me Jake, when you go through my 19 pages of English notes, and can provide the other 'half' of the project in plain descriptive english, just maybe this will get done faster. I've sent this to a few people and have never heard back from them. Jake you even said at one point you didn't have time for teenhelp anymore, which is why you are not a mod, nor an admin.... so if you don't have the time anymore, how do you expect us to as well as do the rest of our stuff.

HELPNET WILL BE DONE WHEN IT GETS DONE.

Steps for HelpNet (or creating any type of large program)

* Draft up a flowchart as to how things will happen and how they will be delt with. This is the step we are currently on, and I think there's about another half to do of it as this is one of the most important parts. The document is 19 pages in plain english. This has to be EXTREMELY detailed for the next step.

* Find someone who is generous to donate their time (AND LOT'S OF IT) free of charge to us to help create this application.

* Have the programmer code the application

* Have the admins test it (alpha testing)

* Have the admins and a few others test it (beta testing)

* Release it on TeenHelp

* Fix bugs and depending on what we missed in the first step, possibly add more. The adding more at this stage makes everything 300X as hard to implement than in the beginning stage. The success of a program, a network, a system, an office, a department, a company, etc is all about GOOD PLANNING. Unfortunately good planing is often forgot due to time... but in this case I refuse to let the most important step in this go due to time.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

Personaly i could care less if helpnet ever is put online *crosses arms*

While OD is worring about that he could be doing a ZILLION of other things to make the site better *sighs* Besides jake why do you care? I never see you on here helping so lay off. OD is one guy and i don't see your ass on here helping anyone out!

*Is in a bad pissy ass mood*
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I never even heard of Helpnet...

But why have two help sites when we have teenhelp?

I saw keep this one and through that won away (or w/e you do w/ sites)...

I agree w/ Cindy! :)

~Jeff~
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Umm, look at the tabs at the top of the screen

<home<chat<helpnet<groups

Click on helpnet
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
B_Lo
Loyal

Post by B_Lo »

between chat and teenhelp discussions on here, it seems like most problems with people are delt with and solved in a great manner
Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given, than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossibloe is not a fact, it's an option/ Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary

Impossible is nothing- Muhammad Ali
Jessie
Loyal

Post by Jessie »

The phrase 'Where For Art Thou' actually means 'Why Are You'... :shock:
Jake
Loyal

Post by Jake »

Originally posted by Cindy+Mar 12 2004, 11:26 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Cindy @ Mar 12 2004, 11:26 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'Personaly i could care less if helpnet ever is put online *crosses arms*

While OD is worring about that he could be doing a ZILLION of other things to make the site better *sighs* Besides jake why do you care?? I never see you on here helping so lay off.? OD is one guy and i don't see your ass on here helping anyone out!

*Is in a bad pissy ass mood*[/b]

Ok, it was just a question. It wasn't a demand for people to start working, or however you took it to be saying. I just wanted a simple answer, not a flaimbasting. If you are still wondering why I don't help on this site anymore, feel free to take into context the additude you shoved at me in your last post. Most of the reason why I was asking about the status of helpnet is because I was willing to help with it. I just seems that the short temper around here is still well and alive. Good luck with that.

<!--QuoteBegin-Jessie
@Mar 14 2004, 12:53 PM

The phrase 'Where For Art Thou' actually means 'Why Are You'...? :shock:[/quote]

Yep. :)

[Edit] Sorry about how my origional post sounded, I just re-read it, and I now realize that it sounded demanding. It wasn't intended to be. Sorry.[/edit]

*** BB Code help ***
-Jacob Wilson
Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama »

Helpnet/link/whatever was a nice feature.

It's too bad that its down, has been down, and looks like it will be down for awhile yet.

But of corse, what can you do eh?

One day when teenhelp has become the 'mighty teen help empire of the world!' we'll have a nice helplink/net/whatchamacallit. Bwahahaha!

oh well, hehe.
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

I stand by what I said before. No apoligies from me.

/knows she sounds like a bitch in this topic
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

Oh my word... sorry this is off topic, but when did you sneak in here Jake! :P

Of course, I wouldn't know about the helpnet ever coming on... never used it myself and never really cared to. Oh well...

Great to see your name Jake! *hugs*
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
Jake
Loyal

Post by Jake »

-Jacob Wilson