Warning System Question

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
Sam!
Veteran

Warning System Question

Post by Sam! »

If in the course of events, a user is warned for an offense that could be considered rather minor, and after the offense behaves in a manner that is appropriate for a certain period of time, could the warning be considered for removal? Like, for example... I got a warning right after getting back for breaking a topic closing rule... is there a way this can be removed after a period of time if I don't do anything else?

It's kind of nice to have a clean record.
-Sam!
Nj
Veteran

Re: Warning System Question

Post by Nj »

i was warned months ago and i still have the warnings..

so i think your answer is: no.

and had my behaviour been "bad" enough for another warning i'd had been banned...

teenhelp works on a build ya up to a ban system... it would be too intricate and difficult for them to "parole" people... although its a nice idea...
--nj

Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

It's not even a question of intricate. My point is, maybe they should make it so, after a month or two, if you've had no more warnings, you can PM an admin and ask them for "parole" lol.
-Sam!
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by Chocolat Moi@Mar 28 2004, 06:01 PM

It's not even a question of intricate. My point is, maybe they should make it so, after a month or two, if you've had no more warnings, you can PM an admin and ask them for "parole" lol.

You yourself, along with others question every admin action like its the end of this site. And now you want to place more relative control into the hands of these people you object to the most?

You have just contradicted yourself in the biggest way possible. You tear apart the admins for their own humanity and mistakes, and now you want to provide yourself with more to complain about. I know 'getting friendly' with one of the admins would become a priority after being warned, and when you don't get your "warning parole" you'll be pissed. Implementing such a system would further play on the human inconsistancy you protest so much to.

I see it as another way for you to either 1] get what you want. 2] claim the admins are unfair and abuse power.

therfor, the idea isn't the most favorable.
--nj

Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

The warning system is as past_riddled_rage explained it.

We don't remove warnings.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Fair enough. And Nick, I'm not going to dignify that, because I don't need another warning, but I was asking a question, that did not warrant an analysis of my psychological motives. Thank you.
-Sam!
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by Chocolat Moi@Mar 28 2004, 06:34 PM

Fair enough. And Nick, I'm not going to dignify that, because I don't need another warning, but I was asking a question, that did not warrant an analysis of my psychological motives. Thank you.

i wasn't referring to you alone. don't feel so violated.

please remain on topic before you get us both in trouble. an issues you have with me may be sent to: junkmail@resistmultimedia.com
--nj

emotionalcutie
Veteran

Post by emotionalcutie »

Originally posted by Past_Riddled_Rage+Mar 28 2004, 11:44 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Past_Riddled_Rage @ Mar 28 2004, 11:44 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Chocolat Moi@Mar 28 2004, 06:34 PM

i wasn't referring to you alone. don't feel so violated.

please remain on topic before you get us both in trouble. an issues you have with me may be sent to: junkmail@resistmultimedia.com[/b][/quote]

It sure sounded like you did.
*KT*

*Give Into The Sweet Temptation*

<span style="color:royal blue"-::SMIRRRRRNOFFF::-

**chit-chat**
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by Past_Riddled_Rage+Mar 28 2004, 06:11 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Past_Riddled_Rage @ Mar 28 2004, 06:11 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Chocolat Moi@Mar 28 2004, 06:01 PM

You yourself, along with others.[/b][/quote]

it really did sound like it. this topic should be closed. obviously nobody has anything constructive to add.
--nj

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

The only way to go back to 0% warning is to get banned ;) (which isn't good!!)...

But that is the only way that you can go back to 0%!...! haha...

~Jeff~
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

http://www.teenhelp.org/groups/index.ph ... opic=27552

Have a read, I've explained it there
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
B_Lo
Loyal

Post by B_Lo »

could u set something up like after 3 months or some other time, 1 warning gets deducted ? Because i still only have that one
Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given, than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossibloe is not a fact, it's an option/ Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary

Impossible is nothing- Muhammad Ali
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Nope, that's not going to happen. The warning system works really well.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

I got banned twice, haven't even been here for 4 months and my warning from when I said something about a long gone user is still there.

heh heh heh..
The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

Originally posted by Past_Riddled_Rage+Mar 28 2004, 05:11 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Past_Riddled_Rage @ Mar 28 2004, 05:11 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Chocolat Moi@Mar 28 2004, 06:01 PM

You yourself, along with others question every admin action like its the end of this site. And now you want to place more relative control into the hands of these people you object to the most?

You have just contradicted yourself in the biggest way possible. You tear apart the admins for their own humanity and mistakes, and now you want to provide yourself with more to complain about. I know 'getting friendly' with one of the admins would become a priority after being warned, and when you don't get your "warning parole" you'll be pissed. Implementing such a system would further play on the human inconsistancy you protest so much to.

I see it as another way for you to either 1] get what you want. 2] claim the admins are unfair and abuse power.

therfor, the idea isn't the most favorable.[/b][/quote]

Marino: Don't even go there bro.
Respectfully,

Black Hat

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by Chivas Regal+Apr 6 2004, 02:58 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Chivas Regal @ Apr 6 2004, 02:58 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by Past_Riddled_Rage@Mar 28 2004, 05:11 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Chocolat Moi
@Mar 28 2004, 06:01 PM

Marino: Don't even go there bro.[/b][/quote]

i have and will..

don't confuse past riddled rage with current status.

now. as opposed to posting one of those rule breaking type posts like the one i quoted, why not elaborate? or shall you stick with spam?
--nj

The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

Originally posted by Past_Riddled_Rage+Apr 6 2004, 03:57 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Past_Riddled_Rage @ Apr 6 2004, 03:57 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by Chivas Regal@Apr 6 2004, 02:58 PM

Originally posted by Past_Riddled_Rage@Mar 28 2004, 05:11 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Chocolat Moi
@Mar 28 2004, 06:01 PM

Marino: Don't even go there bro.

i have and will..

don't confuse past riddled rage with current status.

now. as opposed to posting one of those rule breaking type posts like the one i quoted, why not elaborate? or shall you stick with spam?[/b][/quote]

Nick, Look up the word 'SPAM'. I support the idea of 'parol' or w/e. Lets say someone got warned two years ago, and hasn't done anything, and got another warning. He got banned for what he just did, plus what he did two years ago? Thats BS if you ask me. Thats my standing on the situation.
Respectfully,

Black Hat

OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

If you have a cavity and your dentist has to pull it out, or drill it so much that most of your tooth is gone.... is there any way to get it back to your normal tooth?

probably not the best of synonyms, but whatever. The method isn't changing
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner