Color Themes

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
The Black Hat
Veteran

Color Themes

Post by The Black Hat »

Is it just me or is this current design (blue/grey) slightly depressing? It depresses me at times. I was thinking that, while it'll be work for the admins, if we could have some color themes, some bright, and some dark? Perhaps one with the colors of the old teenhelp.org? These colors are depressing. We need to be able to change the colors of the site globally (forums, the website), and whatnot so it appears differently. Changes could be made in the User Profile. Its just a suggestion because the current color theme of the site is really depressing.
Respectfully,

Black Hat

Skye
Veteran

Re: Color Themes

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by Chivas Regal@Mar 29 2004, 09:01 AM

Is it just me or is this current design (blue/grey) slightly depressing? It depresses me at times. I was thinking that, while it'll be work for the admins, if we could have some color themes, some bright, and some dark? Perhaps one with the colors of the old teenhelp.org? These colors are depressing. We need to be able to change the colors of the site globally (forums, the website), and whatnot so it appears differently. Changes could be made in the User Profile. Its just a suggestion because the current color theme of the site is really depressing.
This has been suggested many times before...and I even made some different color variants for a bit, but the problem comes down to the main site. How to make it have the same color as the support groups. As the main site would have to have its own style switcher, which isn't the hard part. We can just make a style switcher that loads different CSS files easily as I've made one before. The issue is making it sync with support groups.

With Invision 2.0 it'll be easier to have multiple colors for the support groups since it will have optionally skin dependnent status images, e.g. "moderator," "admin," etc... Plus the skinning engine is just much better. We'll see about this when the Invision 2.0 things come by. We'll already be working on converting the database and stuff, so we'll see about different color themes.

Purple, Green, Yellow, Orange, etc... [ Sorry about attachment size, its 179KB ]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

Thats a really good start Skye (by the image) of different variations but what I had in mind was different colored images as well?
Respectfully,

Black Hat

emotionalcutie
Veteran

Post by emotionalcutie »

I think bright pink or red would look good, yellow is cool too!
*KT*

*Give Into The Sweet Temptation*

<span style="color:royal blue"-::SMIRRRRRNOFFF::-

**chit-chat**
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by Chivas Regal@Mar 29 2004, 10:28 AM

Thats a really good start Skye (by the image) of different variations but what I had in mind was different colored images as well?
The entire site changes with those colors. All I posted for each, to be as concise as possible, was the left of the header. The rest of the images aren't shown, but you can tell what the rest will look like, just by viewing the site...and referencing the color you see on the respective header-color to the rest.
HelpingTeens.org:

Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

For now, if you want something a LITTLE brighter, I suggest the green theme or even the other blue theme.
-Sam!
SpargoMn
Loyal

Post by SpargoMn »

My question would be could we have the choice dependant on user? Even if it just affected the sg's itd be kinda neat to have another personal touch apart from names and avatars. :). Rock on.

-Spargo
"You can't teach the heart logic, and you cant teach the mind love"

-Spargo

My LiveJournal
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

HelpingTeens.org:

emotionalcutie
Veteran

Post by emotionalcutie »

Originally posted by Skye+Mar 31 2004, 08:54 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Skye @ Mar 31 2004, 08:54 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-SpargoMn@Mar 30 2004, 11:10 AM

My question would be could we have the choice dependant on user?? Even if it just affected the sg's itd be kinda neat to have another personal touch apart from names and avatars.? :).? Rock on.

-Spargo
You've always been able to choose what you want the groups to look like. Go to:

My Controls - Skin and Languages[/b][/quote]

I just checked them out, and the colors aren't that exciting, and to get a diff color you need to change the look of everthing else.

Maybe we could add options to that color list, some happier brighter ones!
*KT*

**chit-chat**
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

But you don't want them too bright!!

I would say a baby / sky blue...

Just a lil lighter more smoothing blue...

~jeff~
emotionalcutie
Veteran

Post by emotionalcutie »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~@Apr 1 2004, 12:50 AM

But you don't want them too bright!!

I would say a baby / sky blue...

Just a lil lighter more smoothing blue...

~jeff~

I think bright would be good, sky blue might be too wish washy.
*KT*

**chit-chat**
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

But if it were too bright it would be unattractive n people would leave...

I am personally attracted to soothing colors...

Not ones that jump out at you n its hard to read cuz of the brightness...

~Jeff~
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

I like the lighter purple..
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
B_Lo
Loyal

Post by B_Lo »

diff colors would def be an upbeat
Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given, than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossibloe is not a fact, it's an option/ Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary

Impossible is nothing- Muhammad Ali
Harlequin
Loyal

Post by Harlequin »

I have mine set at grey right now lol. No bright colors for me. I want a black and white theme. That would be so cool. I want it to have stripes and whatnot. But I'm happy with my grey. Easy on the eyes since I'm often awake till 4 in the morning anf the only light in my room comes from my computer monitor. Pink would make me dizzy.
<span style="font-family:Impact"<span style="color:purple"0 Days sarcasm free.[/u]
SpargoMn
Loyal

Post by SpargoMn »

Originally posted by Mandaz@Apr 9 2004, 11:14 PM

pinkk pinkk red and purple =]

*gets dizzy and vomits* know what would be great colors? Blue and grey, yeah that's nice and mellow and lets you focus on helping somone. rock on.

-Spargo
"You can't teach the heart logic, and you cant teach the mind love"

-Spargo

My LiveJournal
Sandra
Loyal

Post by Sandra »

I have the blue one on now.. :)
Ta Sheila, Christine, Michelle agus Sandra ina chairde ann mhaith, agus ta muid ann gramhar doibh.
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

I want an all white one, with black writing.

Can't we just keep things simple?
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image