Opinions...

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
Emily
Veteran

Re: Opinions...

Post by Emily »

Originally posted by OverDrive+Apr 26 2004, 03:05 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (OverDrive @ Apr 26 2004, 03:05 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Emily@Apr 25 2004, 09:15 PM

Then that's why I added a comment, to bring it back up so maybe someone (other than you, because we all know your stance) would comment with a yay or nay.
nay[/b][/quote]

Why? There's so many members/mods that are for it yet it still won't happen?

You have never given it a chance with the difference in administration.

Again, what's the worst that can happen? You have to delete it?
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

The answer is no emily. The groups and members aren't ready for it.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Originally posted by fluffyhelen@Apr 16 2004, 02:11 PM

There used to be one, and it was hideously offensive and thoroughly enjoyable.

very very true
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
sweethelp
Veteran

Post by sweethelp »

She's so big hearted

but not so remarkable

just an ordinary humble girl

expecting nothing as we may

to think it's a pretty person's worth

you are beautiful

and you'd better go show it

so go and look again

you gotta be true only if you really wanna go to the top and you really wanna win

don't believe in living normal

just to satisfy demand

Well, if you wanna get free

and if wanna get smart by the sake of your heart

you should own your lame and stand up tall

:)
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

I'm under no illusion

Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

Originally posted by Emily+Apr 26 2004, 09:53 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Emily @ Apr 26 2004, 09:53 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Cindy@Apr 26 2004, 05:50 AM

The answer is no emily.? The groups and members aren't ready for it.

Let me edit that for you.

The admin have made a decision and it will not be carried out because they don't want to 'deal with it'.[/b][/quote]

Emily, I wish i had a "do not post" list instead of a do not call list. Do NOT try to put words in the admins mouths no matter how much it upsets you that you don't get your way. I don't like being a parent on this site, but everyday, thats what i am, a mother.

You show right here that you aren't ready for a debate form.

Deal with it, NO DEBATE FORM. Final....
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

I'm under no illusion

inziga
Loyal

Post by inziga »

I'm curious, what happened to having a 600 post buffer for such a forum? This seemed like a great idea, considering the average posts per user on the forums is 104 posts, therefore meaning the person who has such amount of posts would have to have a higher level of maturity to be allowed to stay here. (this includes the many no-post accounts of which have been allowed to continue to exist.....sorry guys, but I do not have the patience to weed those out)

You guys say that this type of forum will not work, and evidence is the past forums that were created for debate, but you don't consider the context in which those forums were made, and how they were aproached by the administrator/moderator team. The "Fight with Sin" forum was a mass insult-fest and didn't work for a couple reasons:

1) It was intended for fighting, not debating.

Fights have no rules....The pure goal of a fight is to win at all causes, wheather right or wrong. Debates are a battle of inteligence in which the only way you can win is by having the best option available in the debate round. You can not yell to win a debate, and anyone who tries to intimidate others in a debate most probably have a weaker argument, since they cannot defeat their apponant through facts.

2) It was not controled, and sometimes it was even encouraged to be a pure fight, rather than a inteligent-minded discussion. Yes, it was fun to watch, but uncontrolled and therefore not useful to anyone.

There has never been a REAL debate forum on Teenhelp to date. Therefore, we cannot and should not try to compaire with forums which only mocked at being ones of a real debate.

Cindy, you never agreed with the Realigion Forum happening, and you probably still do not. However, it has turned out well, and become a place for teenagers to talk about their religious/philosophical belifes. It did not fail, and that is because people have faith in it, and maintain it. I belive the same thing would happen with a debate forum. In fact, the religion forum could easily be adapted to also be a debate forum, since issues not necissarily related to religion are already discussed there.....I think this would be a much better idea, rather than having a brand new forum.

I know the answer has already been declaired a 'no', I just hope that you admins(whom are also members of this site) consider the things I have stated, and if you wish, give the members of this site who belive a debate/discussion area is needed a place to do so. :)

http://www.teenhelp.org/groups/index.ph ... opic=28946

Thank you,

Jacob Wilson

"He without sin among you, let him cast the first stone" - John 8:7
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

Very nice Cid, good points.
I'm under no illusion

Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

The answer is still no guys, you've had two admins say no already. Sorry, move on. this topic is *closed*