Helpers

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
Nj
Veteran

Re: Helpers

Post by Nj »

--nj

Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

Originally posted by Past_Riddled_Rage+May 22 2004, 10:54 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Past_Riddled_Rage @ May 22 2004, 10:54 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Cindy@May 22 2004, 09:27 PM

It was a stupid idea that made no sence.? It won't be comming back...?

I still got the orginal thing when we decided that it wasn't worth it:

heres the link: http://www.teenhelp.org/groups/index.ph ... f=6&t=5659

in short, many memebrs found it degrading, so we removed them, there for will not be comming back.

many members find the lack of speach freedom degrading too, so can we get rid of those rules which limit our ability to speak freely?

.... :bag:[/b][/quote]

Nick, I could say somthign really mean right now, but since have this thing called respect for the rules, i'll refrane from saying it.

Anyways.....

Inless someone has something that would really add to this, please jsut move on and HELP someone that really needs help out in the normal forms.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
Rurouni_ryu
Loyal

Post by Rurouni_ryu »

So maybe the entire Mentor group thing wasn't such a good idea, agree to that. But it might be helpful to members that need help to have kind of a list of Respected Advisors or something, just a list of people they can contact and can trust.

Requirements for being added to the list being: "accomplishments" in the past, respectability (you have to earn respect by doing stuff, you can't force it), maybe make them have access to at least 1 IM. Those are just my views though. And I'd be willing to help with the creation of such a list.
"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."

Mary Pickford

My absence is due to college... *snarls at college*
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

I know not to post here if I want some actual help, there are very few people who will actually give it.

I posted something in religion and then something in relationships. I got like 2-3 replies on each. I post something in sex and I get a 2 page topic.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, I can't take this place seriously anymore.
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

We tried this before and it didnt get enough people to do it, it wasnt good, it was confusing for members and it was removed over a month later from trying. It was a group we inserted called "Mentors" and it failed.
That's why we hire loads of people. They don't have to be amazing, and there doesn't have to be such a rigorous selection process as there is to be a moderator. You only gave it a month. That's probably why the members were confused, there was a sudden change and they would need time to adjust to and find out about what was going on.

I'm also sure that back then there was a significantly greater amount of helping going on and this is what we're lacking now I think.

Don't base this on the previous experience - That is being closed-minded. Just because it didn't work for a month doesn't mean it won't now, and it doesn't have to be the same system as last time. Something else could be devised.

It all depends really on the person...If you look, there are some forums w/ like no replies simple because a person doesn't want to go into there...Like me, personally, i will not go into: Sucide, Self-Harm, Drugs and Alcohol, and a few others...So, if you posted in there, i wouldn't have seen your topic...
I agree, there are forums that I don't go into, because I find them quite triggering. But most people end up in chit-chat and that's where my problem is. There is very little helping going on. We could assign people to specific forums, that way everyone is guaranteed a few replies AT LEAST which is more than is happening now.

It was a stupid idea that made no sence. It won't be comming back...

in short, many memebrs found it degrading, so we removed them, there for will not be comming back.
why was it degrading? I personally find posting a topic and getting 1 or 2 replies quite degrading too. And like I said before don't focus on past experience. This could be a different plan, it's obviously not going to be the same as mentors. Things change. The members on this site have changed. I just believe something has to be done.

Yeah, I can't take this place seriously anymore.
That's the way I'm starting to see it. I have started posting problems on a few other sites. The same one as I recently posted here got SEVEN replies in a day. I've had ONE here and it's been up for a while now, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's been bumped off the first page now.
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Yeah I posted the same problems on trappedminds and I got like 9 replies within 2 hours. It doesn't even compare anymore.
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

Originally posted by junglemonkey@May 23 2004, 11:11 AM

why was it degrading? I personally find posting a topic and getting 1 or 2 replies quite degrading too. And like I said before don't focus on past experience. This could be a different plan, it's obviously not going to be the same as mentors. Things change. The members on this site have changed. I just believe something has to be done.

Um, did you even read the topic that i posted? Thats how many felt. Need help? thats why there are mods. They are the mentors for their area. Most will take pleanty of time to help you out. Helpnet will me online soon (sadly) and theres another resorce.

This is the reason why i can't stand this site anymore. People world rather bitch about promblems then go out in the SGs and actually help out. You guys could solve your own promblems, but instead you sit right there in general and sugestions and bitch about things. I see more bitching about stupid things then helping anymore. The Admins can't do anything anymore about this stuff since we are optionless. Maybe we should just do a mass ban of people who complaine about promblems that they could fix on their own? nah, that would label us power hungry. We are lost on what to do anymore. Skye, Adam and I all agree that TH isn't ready for helpnet, we can't just implament a "Mentor" thing, there isn't people to do it. All we have on this site are the mods that work their tails off trying to make sure everyone gets at LEAST one reply, and then there are people that just bitch that no matter what we do we can't please!

Will you guys PLEASE get out there and help and stop bitching. Invite people, advertise TH to people you know online that need help. You guys are what makes TH grow, not the Admins. WE have done our best, and are still trying to get TH out there. The admin is only 4 strong, 2 admins aren't even on really, and we are dealing w/ that. There is a lack of people on this site, we ALL know that.

I'm sorry i just am sick of peoples bitching on this site. its not like we can blink and bam, we have a rush of people. Will everyone just please understand that? The Admins aren't jsut sitting on their ass's watching TH fall to bits. Times are hard right now. Hell, if it was 3 years ago when i first started on this site, and i came on here to see this bitching and things, i would have fled faster then lighting.

My point is, you all need to get out there and help solve these promblems. You guys are what can solve almost all of these promblems, but no one will see that.

I'm done ranting since I pretty much know its falling on deaf ears. Just understand we are trying.

Cindy
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Maybe we should close off chit-chat for a while.

Topic Views (23 May 2003 to 23 May 2004)

Sex Sex Sex - 245091

Chit-Chat - 189125

Relationships - 142868

General - 59661

Religion/Spirituality/Philosophy - 59580

Sexuality - 59315

Maybe we should hide chit-chat for a couple of weeks or months. It seems this community would rather chit-chat than give help....
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Rurouni_ryu
Loyal

Post by Rurouni_ryu »

*Agrees*

[rant]

We could just all gather here and grow beards 'till we're 90, but that will solve less than we are solving now as we called it.

I for one DO agree with the idea of a number of people to contact, but that would be better solved if us normal members also did something for the site, instead of just bitching on admins/mods and the likes. It's not gonna work and they're too busy trying to keep the site up anyway, we can't just burden them with everything. Let's get some load of there backs first and see to it that we move our own asses from Chit-Chat, to where it is needed, and then ask the admins for help if they have time for that.

Did you ever think about the ratio of admins:other members? Considering that I think they're doing a rather good job.

[/rant]
"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."

Mary Pickford

My absence is due to college... *snarls at college*
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

--nj

junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

Originally posted by Cindy+May 23 2004, 04:28 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Cindy @ May 23 2004, 04:28 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-junglemonkey@May 23 2004, 11:11 AM

Um, did you even read the topic that i posted? Thats how many felt. Need help? thats why there are mods. They are the mentors for their area. Most will take pleanty of time to help you out. Helpnet will me online soon (sadly) and theres another resorce.

This is the reason why i can't stand this site anymore. People world rather bitch about promblems then go out in the SGs and actually help out. You guys could solve your own promblems, but instead you sit right there in general and sugestions and bitch about things. I see more bitching about stupid things then helping anymore. The Admins can't do anything anymore about this stuff since we are optionless. Maybe we should just do a mass ban of people who complaine about promblems that they could fix on their own? nah, that would label us power hungry. We are lost on what to do anymore. Skye, Adam and I all agree that TH isn't ready for helpnet, we can't just implament a "Mentor" thing, there isn't people to do it. All we have on this site are the mods that work their tails off trying to make sure everyone gets at LEAST one reply, and then there are people that just bitch that no matter what we do we can't please!

Will you guys PLEASE get out there and help and stop bitching. Invite people, advertise TH to people you know online that need help. You guys are what makes TH grow, not the Admins. WE have done our best, and are still trying to get TH out there. The admin is only 4 strong, 2 admins aren't even on really, and we are dealing w/ that. There is a lack of people on this site, we ALL know that.

I'm sorry i just am sick of peoples bitching on this site. its not like we can blink and bam, we have a rush of people. Will everyone just please understand that? The Admins aren't jsut sitting on their ass's watching TH fall to bits. Times are hard right now. Hell, if it was 3 years ago when i first started on this site, and i came on here to see this bitching and things, i would have fled faster then lighting.

My point is, you all need to get out there and help solve these promblems. You guys are what can solve almost all of these promblems, but no one will see that.

I'm done ranting since I pretty much know its falling on deaf ears. Just understand we are trying.

Cindy[/b][/quote]

I really can't believe what I'm hearing.

I'm not bitching about this site. I'm trying to suggest a way to improve it cause quite frankly I'm sick of the lack of helping going on. I try my best to help out, give advice, and I have done for a long time. But you get pissed when you bust your own ass to help others and you post your own topic and nobody offers any help. You see more bitching about stupid thing?? Is the lack of replies to people with serious problems just a stupid thing, and I'm just bitching about it? No! It's the purpose of the site. I should have known I'd get shot down in flames for this. I am really in disbelief at your attitude. I can't believe you think we can solve our own problems - I hope I've misinterpreted you - because why else would we be here?

Who cares that we don't have a lot of members? Hire a bunch of them to go around posting replies. They don't have to be amazing but getting replies in is what matters. If I had come to this site now, posted a topic, and got 1 reply, I'd have buggered off by now probably. Have 3 or 4 per topic and you're more likely to stay.
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Maybe you admins should be more open to communal suggestion then Cindy. Your so quick to shut us down and say we're being negative, yet the suggestions some people make that are in fact excellent get shut down.

And these suggestions aren't impossible.. They might require you to use the admin panel for 15 secs... I hope that doesn't give your hand a cramp... Jeez.... You guys and gals act as if we're asking you to move the database information byte by byte....
--nj

Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

See.. deaf ears... You guys are almsot impossable....

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

--nj

OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Power hungry adam does all

closed
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.