New Sig Rule

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
Sam!
Veteran

New Sig Rule

Post by Sam! »

I know people really don't want new rules, but I keep noticing people with HUGE TEXT in their sigs. It's really rather annoying. You have a six word post with big green text in your sig, it's SO ANNOYING. I think just like there is a size limit for graphics, there should be a text size limit too.
-Sam!
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Re: New Sig Rule

Post by SirPostAlot »

you have big text in yours?

I think taht the size of the text is ok...its not like it is huge to a point of annyoance...

True some grab your attention (like Jennas "Fuck you") haha...

But signatures is to express a persons feelings and their life and if they want big text becuse they don't have alot in their sig i think its ok...

I don't want to see a whole page of it - that should be limited like the length of it ....

But i think pic. size is good at where it is because really you don't want huge pics either...

I dunno...i think its fine

~Jeff~
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Right but it's a 500 character limit. Though it will only let me do 497. I've tested it.

500 HUGE characters is a lot more prominent than 500 regular ones. And I'm talking even bigger than mine. I'm deciding whether or not mine is obnoxious.
-Sam!
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

i think yours is good...like good size...

but i see what you mean w/ the whole size thing (500 total small ~vs~ 500 total large)...

There should be a length total like inches wise rather then total letters...

~Jeff~
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Inches doesn't work, not everyone has the same screen/resolution. I think there just needs to be a limit for text size in a sig.

You want a good example, and I know Erin will know I'm not trying to pick on her here, but BarbiesAreEvil has a good example. It's lines and lines of LARGE GREEN TEXT.
-Sam!
Spitfire
Veteran

Post by Spitfire »

Hey, where is everybody else on this one?? Come on people, we want your opinions. I personally agree. I think it is rather annoying when the text size is outragoues. There should be a limit. AIM USER is right though, it is self expression. But self expression should have a limit. We dont need 500 characters of size 1000, it does get annoying. I like the size of Samz, its not annoying at all, just enough to grab your attention.

....Why arent there more moderators for this forum??....
Blame it on the yellow bananas..they just sit there..all..yellow-like!!

~FRODO THE FLYING PEANUT~

Post 200- Aug 10, 2004

Post 250- Aug 17, 2004

Post 300- Aug 23, 2004

Post 400- Sep 26, 2004

Post 500- Oct 26, 2004

Dont Make Me Eat Your First-Born Child!!
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

report users with this (report one of their posts and just explain the issue is not with the post but with their signature)

welcome to the msg i give to people who do this.

Your signature, although within the guidelines and characters of the rules, is too large sizewise. On my very large screen resolution of 1600X1200, your signature takes up more than half my screen lenghtwise. Please either bunch the text together on 1 line, or remove a paragraph or 2.

Thanks

sometimes I edit it for them... sometimes i let them do it... depending on what is in the sig.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Say I see someone with like size ten text all the way through, could I knock it down to 8? Or is that prohibited?

I guess if there will be no rule, it's really a mod issue.
-Sam!
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

Sometimes it is annoying when you try to read a text and you get it mixed up with what the post is lol. I agree with Samz, there should be a limit on the size of the font though.
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future