The damn AIM handle

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
Nj
Veteran

The damn AIM handle

Post by Nj »

Everytime I click on the AIM button, the groups jam, and i have to restart my browser. This is just a little error, I've found... Maybe its just me (it shouldn't be cuz at Alanis Utopia the handle works)...

Much thanks... Good Group! WTG JAKE!!!
--nj

Skye
Veteran

Re: The damn AIM handle

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by resistfromnormal@Dec 26 2002, 07:56 PM

Everytime I click on the AIM button, the groups jam, and i have to restart my browser. This is just a little error, I've found... Maybe its just me (it shouldn't be cuz at Alanis Utopia the handle works)...

Much thanks... Good Group! WTG JAKE!!!
It works for me 100%....what browser are you using?
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

It messes up when you don't have AIM online, and as far as I can tell its the AIM handle for AOL UK which is somewhat different then the US one... I don't think its a huge issue however, so there is no need to change anything.
--nj

Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by resistfromnormal@Jan 19 2003, 03:05 PM

It messes up when you don't have AIM online, and as far as I can tell its the AIM handle for AOL UK which is somewhat different then the US one... I don't think its a huge issue however, so there is no need to change anything.
The AIM feature works...what does it matter if its the UK version of the AIM handle? UK is still English, all it does it give you an English version of AIM, so I don't really see a problem with that. Another way to look at it is: That is the one the developers of InvisionBoard chose, we don't know their reasons for it, perhaps they will switch over in a future version but it won't be easy to any small extent to make it work with the US one ourselves.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.