Chatizzle

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
SimplyRob
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Chatizzle

Post by SimplyRob »

If you are not on staff you do not have the right to mentor teens in PRIVATE CHATS, but it is allowed in the main channel. DO NOT GO TO PRIVATE MESSAGES. | If you think you have what it takes AND QUALIFY to become Chat Staff, Apply now
...where'd that come from? :huh: It just doesn't really make sense when you have a site consisting of teens helping one another. I can understand if you were saying that in the context "if you aren't staff you can't pretend you are", but saying everyone can't help someone privately is just a little odd.

Just wondering about that.
Beautiful
Veteran

Re: Chatizzle

Post by Beautiful »

They mean in the chat, where it says "prive message" you can't. I don't know. maybe theyre afraid they'll give wrong advice or something. you can do it threw AIM or msn or w/e you want though.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
Insomniacs_dream
Loyal

Post by Insomniacs_dream »

I agree. WHy don't you guys have faith that your members can give good advice? Why do you only limit it to mentors? There may be a bunch of members that can contribute and understand better then mentors...so it really dosen't make sense. I mean I am a mod/mentor at TH and there are often members who give better advice then I do. I think its important that a site belives its members can give advice, I mean it is a TEEN ADVICE site right? So...it dosen't really make much sense that you won't let teens give advice...
Just when you think you've got me figured out the season's already changing

I think it's cool you do what you do and don't try to save me.

Yo no quiero ser entendid.
SimplyRob
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by SimplyRob »

It's not that, it's just... people are allowed to take it to PMs on the forums, yes? (Even though I'm with the understanding that PMs are monitored here... :huh: ) You can't expect everyone to give perfect advice, but everyone has different amounts of experience with any given subject, and perhaps that small amount of experience could help someone to make a better decision or get out of a hole they're in. After all, mentors are basically just people who were able to make their staff applications look good... not just here, at TH too. I realize this, so I don't discredit anyone or the advice that they offer unless I have a significant reason to do so.

There's also something called common sense which most people have (note I said most... I figured that everyone would have some level of common sense but during my time at TH I've learned otherwise). If a person is given not-so-great advice, and even when they're given really great advice, they tend to run through the possible consequenses and benefits of that piece of advice. Someone once said something along the lines of that advice is what you already know you should do but just need to hear from somebody else first... and I think that 90% of the time that holds at least a little truth to it.

I'm not meaning to cause trouble, please don't think I am... but a peer-to-peer teen help site and teens aren't allowed to make it peer-to-peer. Personally I wouldn't want to share a problem I was having in front of the whole chat world. Maybe it's just me though.
Insomniacs_dream
Loyal

Post by Insomniacs_dream »

Originally posted by SimplyRob@Feb 8 2005, 12:57 PM

It's not that, it's just... people are allowed to take it to PMs on the forums, yes? (Even though I'm with the understanding that PMs are monitored here... :huh: ) You can't expect everyone to give perfect advice, but everyone has different amounts of experience with any given subject, and perhaps that small amount of experience could help someone to make a better decision or get out of a hole they're in. After all, mentors are basically just people who were able to make their staff applications look good... not just here, at TH too. I realize this, so I don't discredit anyone or the advice that they offer unless I have a significant reason to do so.

There's also something called common sense which most people have (note I said most... I figured that everyone would have some level of common sense but during my time at TH I've learned otherwise). If a person is given not-so-great advice, and even when they're given really great advice, they tend to run through the possible consequenses and benefits of that piece of advice. Someone once said something along the lines of that advice is what you already know you should do but just need to hear from somebody else first... and I think that 90% of the time that holds at least a little truth to it.

I'm not meaning to cause trouble, please don't think I am... but a peer-to-peer teen help site and teens aren't allowed to make it peer-to-peer. Personally I wouldn't want to share a problem I was having in front of the whole chat world. Maybe it's just me though.

[right][/right]

100 percent agree. Not to mention, that sometimes members are less comterable talking to staff. It would be good to make it avalable for members to talk to other members privitly.
Just when you think you've got me figured out the season's already changing

I think it's cool you do what you do and don't try to save me.

Yo no quiero ser entendid.
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

I believe that was done because some users were causing problems and admins cant watch the pm's in chat.. I'm not sure though, then again, I never go into this chat hahaha.
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
SimplyRob
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by SimplyRob »

Originally posted by iHEAVENn@Feb 8 2005, 11:05 AM

I believe that was done because some users were causing problems and admins cant watch the pm's in chat.. I'm not sure though, then again, I never go into this chat hahaha.

[right][/right]

Ah, the downfalls of IRC. I don't think it really matters if admins can view the PMs in chat or not. If a user is causing problems, the user being harassed should be able to come to a moderator and have action be taken about it. Of course, I guess that would be in an ideal world... which we don't live in. *shrugs* Don't mind me, just trying to help out a little.

(OMG!!!!!!11 Rob trying to help improve HT!!!!!!!!!!11one What is the world coming to?????////)
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Go back to teenhelp ;)

j/k :P

Hm, yeah. I think the chat is fine how it is. thats just me though, its nice that your trying to help though.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

SimplyRob
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by SimplyRob »

Originally posted by Beautiful@Feb 8 2005, 11:16 AM

Go back to teenhelp ;)

j/k :P[right][/right]

No you weren't... and what makes you think I ever left TeenHelp? Computers have the capacity to maintain more than one open browser window, you know.
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Actually, yes i was just kidding. And like i said before, its nice that your trying to help...
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

SimplyRob
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by SimplyRob »

You're just jealous that we get an average of 30-50 new registered members and 300+ registered member visits daily... :)

/waits for administrative action against him
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Thats only becuase of your guys server or something, ive heard why you guys have so much new people o.O and actually, i like it here. its nice. :P
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

This is NOT needed guys. The never ending battle between Th and Ht is becoming seriously very stupid. This topic will stay locked and when an admin sees it, they may respond to it with the reason to why chat is the way it is. I don't want to see any fighting over Th and Ht here guys.
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

The downfalls of IRC are upfalls by programmers.

I can read pm's on the chat, as I can read all pm's here on this server, along with all email, and other communication that flows through this server

The reason for that rule is simple.

No, I do not trust that ANYONE knows how to give proper advice and facts. The staff are screened for a reason on the chat.

A REAL SENARIO that happened about 2 years ago before I put that rule in play:

A girl was asking if she could be pregnant after having her boyfriend have UNPROTECTED sex with her, but didn't cum in her, rather used the pullout method. One of the members of the chat started to respond by saying that she's safe, and that as long as he doesn't cum in her, it's fine. Granted this was said in the main chat room, but what if this could have been said in private - NO ONE would ever be able to correct it.

I was there (ya, i was actually at my computer watching the chat when it happened.... wow, that was long ago when i wasn't so busy), that I jumped in and said that she still could get pregnant as precum and the mans lube contains small amounts of sperm (compared to a full ejaculate) and has more than 1,000,000 sperm still (on average). The girl who was giving the bad advice was SO ASTONISHED that she stold me that she didn't believe me. I quickly googled something and pasted her a URL that showed her it was true. She appologized to the person asking and she said she learned somethign herself.

I never did find out what happened to that girl who decided to take the day after pill after I told her that the pull out method is only about 46% safe, but I assume it aborted the pregnancy.

So all in all, YES, i do not trust members, and I have my reasons not to, as you see.

Now with that said,

STOP ABOUT TH VS HT

I couldn't care less, and don't care about this hits vs members thing. The sites serve the same purpose, to help others.... Not to see who can have the most members.... hell trappedminds seems like it will beat BOTH sites COMBINED anyday.... so Rob, when you're on here, plz be the bigger person and do not bring TH vs HT shit in. For the rest of you, if it happens, DON'T ADD GASOLINE TO THE FIRE.

It's logical that TH will have more hits and such, just for the simple fact that it's been established as a domain name, on search engines, on DMOZ, on directories all over the world since 1998, so it's pure logic that it will be on the search engines, and elsewhere more.

Now i'm re-opening this topic, keep it clean or i won't hesitate to warn.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo »

I agree with the rule... Bad advice can be given or wrong advice can be given at anytime. So i agree with the rule.
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin
SimplyRob
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by SimplyRob »

As I said, not meaning to start anything. Jami and I had been talking about it beforehand on AIM, so it was directed at her. ;)
The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

You know, that rule is there for a reason... Not like I follow it but yeah. It's there for a reason.
Respectfully,

Black Hat