Change Info

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Change Info

Post by SirPostAlot »

Hello.

I am proposing this in 100% belief that this is NEEDED...

As of right now the sexuality description just states that its for needing help to find out who you are ~-~ which is very true. But what is NEEDED to be added is that it is also for the new news in the sexuality world. This is NEEDED because it affects the homosexuality world and is helpeful and inspirational.

It will not get out of hand as in every-post becuase thats no-sence. But the important issues ~ marriage.....adoption....etc...should be in that forum...

As of right now its not in there, and i believe it should be so that way the important topics that are posted in that forum that should remain there are moved becuase its not in the description.

This is the best way that i could figure out so that both sides win ~ its in there becuase its very useful info and also its in the description so that way its seen and no one will second question it.

This is HIGHLY NEEDED.

So please add that the sexuality forum is also there for the up-to-date news in the sexuality business...

Thanks! :)

~Jeff~
archers_angel
Veteran

Re: Change Info

Post by archers_angel »

Couldn't that go in 'Current events'??

Because issues about gay marriage and adoption affect everyone, not just gay people.

There's no need to separate current news items into 'gay news' and 'straight news'. Just stick it all in together, because if you separate them, its another step towards discriminating and differentiating between homosexuals and heterosexuals.

Just my opinion.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Its not about discrimination or anything its about where it goes. I mean i personally never go into certain forums and i know others don't either. So by posting the new news in sexuality forum its needed. Its like posting news about STDs in the sex forum. STDs are current events but they effect people who have sex. Sexuality issues are current events but they effect people who are homosexuals.

~Jeff~
archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

BUT sexuality issues like gay marriage and adoption affect ALL of us, not just homosexuals.

And like you said, some people rarely go into certain forums (like I rarely go into sexuality) so if there was sexuality news, I would never know about it. Its a current event issue, which affects everyone, and you need to put it in a non biased forum, so you can have an open discussion about it.

(And if you decide that gay marriage news should go in the sexuality forum, surely it should also go in the relationships forum??? and so should straight marriage etc). Its very very hard to draw a line.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

True...

I dunno, anymore...

I really, really, really, really, think its a good idea for that forum to be upgraded, but no one agrees...So i guess i'll just drop it...

~Jeff~
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Jeff there is no "homosexuality world". There are homosexuality-rights-related current events, which should go in Current Events.
-Sam!
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

I think that TJ's makes more sense.
-Sam!
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Being gay/lesbian/bisexual ~does~ make the topics which are relevant to you different to what is relevant to other people. In my Uni we have an LGB association who host social nights for the LGB students who go here. Why? because they need somewhere, a safe place away from homophobic people, where they can enjoy themselves.

The same applies here. If there is a TV show on which is relevant to the LGB community, why shouldn't it be posted in the Sexuality forum?
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

i agree w/ you, hun

~Jeff~
The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

You know - one thing that has always bothered me is gays/lesbians/bi sexuals want special "treatment", they always want something special for them, for one reason or another. This is no different. This is not needed.

-1 from me.
Respectfully,

Black Hat

Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Originally posted by The Black Hat@Mar 14 2005, 10:37 AM

You know - one thing that has always bothered me is gays/lesbians/bi sexuals want special "treatment", they always want something special for them, for one reason or another. This is no different. This is not needed.

-1 from me.

[right][/right]

What an IGNORANT thing to say. Because we don't have equal rights, we shouldn't be asking for them? You're disgraceful.
-Sam!
Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo »

actually i side with TBH on this one. its not really needed
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin
The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

Originally posted by Audacity+Mar 14 2005, 12:29 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

What an IGNORANT thing to say. Because we don't have equal rights, we shouldn't be asking for them? You're disgraceful.

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

Whats funny is you do have pretty much equal rights except when it comes to marriage and I agree, thats a right gays/lesbians shouldn't have. Im sorry. Lets not get into this debate here. Lets focus on the topic at hand.
Respectfully,

Black Hat

four
Veteran

Post by four »

Originally posted by Audacity@Mar 14 2005, 03:29 PM

[right][/right]

Jesus Christ, did you listen to what he said at all? He is not objecting to equal rights, he is objecting to people looking to make themselves better than most people.
NAAM
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by four+Mar 14 2005, 02:44 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

Jesus Christ, did you listen to what he said at all? He is not objecting to equal rights, he is objecting to people looking to make themselves better than most people.

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

I'll second what four has said.

Now lets stop the argument.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Originally posted by The Black Hat@Mar 14 2005, 10:37 AM

-1 from me.

[right][/right]

I almost see what you are saying. Almost, but not quite. For one, drug users have a place to discuss using drugs and issues revolving that. For example, under the Drugs and Alcohol forum:
Do you have a drug or alcohol problem or know someone who does? Talk it out here!

No offense to messedup, but index.php?showtopic=42128 does not qualify as you or someone else having a drug or alcohol "problem". If we were going to play hardball about it, I would argue long and hard that that topic is not about a problem with drugs, but merely a question on drug usage and side effects. Therefore, if we are abiding by a strict interpretation of the forum description, it doesn't belong. Yet, I see no one griping about that. I think that the forums that we have a pretty general and that the descriptions simply clarify what the forum is for. I think by loosening the description of the forum we can broaden the horizons of the people in there, instead of limiting it to an endless string of questions of "This happened/I thought this/this kid likes me.... does that make me gay?" Just like other cultural groups, being non hetero is more than just who you screw. There is a culture and there is a heritige that comes along with it. Just like being black, it's not just about the color of your skin.

Now, as for the arguement of "special treatment", as a minority group vying for the same liberties, rights, and responsibilities of every other group, we have to fight for our right to equal treatment. As far as a struggle for equality goes, there will be, much akin to a pendulum, swings of greater freedom and swings of greater oppression. As another group of minorites and their swings of the pendulum, 80 years ago women couldn't vote. Now, we have Title IX which is promoting women at the expense of men. Female athletes are now getting preferential treatment. That is why Title IX is now being revised, because of this inequality it creates for men and because women are no longer just equal, they are treated as better. Now we (the homos) are in the stages of negotiating out what it means to be equal. Just as in bargaining, you'd be stupid to bring exactly what you want to the table. Of course the gay community has lofty goals, and personally I see no reason for all those goals to be met, but of course there will be a counter offer, and when we strike a final bargain on our goals, we want it to be something acceptable.

I stand by what I said earlier that as a minority group, there are issues that pertain to us that can in a way be understood by many people, but really only applies to us. Just like sympathy vs empathy. Whereas yes we can place things in other forums, we could get sympathy from a lot of people. BUT, in a sexuality forum we can find much more empathy and much more solidarity. Add on to that the fear of rejection from others who don't like us, and I can perfectly understand why a young homo in training would be more likely to feel comfortable posting a relationship problem in the sexuality forum. If we limit the forum to just questions of "Am I gay?" it will lead to much of this: :wallbash: . Because in the end the answer is always the same: you have to figure it out for yourself. No one else can tell you the answer.

tJ

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I agree w/ TJ...

I mean everything he said is soo very true...

The sexuality forum does need expanded to hold GLSB issues such as marriage, adoption, and discrimination, etc...

But it won't be a chit-chatish area of talking about stupid shit but it can be an area to talk about fears of discrimination (ie, college life) or it can be to talk about other things...

Skye, hun, your bi, you should see my point, which was taken over by TJ who i agree w/ (;)) haha....

Hun, evolve the sexuality forum from its secured area...Let it breathe and take in all the other information that is needed in that forum...It effects the homosexual/bisexual society...

And being a mod, well not right now but soon i will be again, i will make sure that the chit-chat topics aren't in that forum and that forum is how we invision it...a grown field that encompasses the needed topics...

I can just see it now...oh my its beautiful...

Please, hun...take a chance...and open your mind to see the forum as others see it, as an inspirational and educational forum that talks about more then coming out and questioning...

:hug:

~Jeff~