Umm . . .

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Re: Umm . . .

Post by skaterGuy15 »

I agree that there should have been a vote on it. I hate all this, "Focus on the helping!", crap. Yes we're a site to help people but we're also a community. HOW does having a 'top poster' and all that nonsense affect the helping? I can see how it could be considered irrelevant, but people enjoyed it, so why remove it?

Beautiful is right with what she said above. You people are making this site more and more into something.. I don't know.. impersonal. Soon they will probably ban avatars, signatures and anything that makes anybody stand out, lest anybody feels inferior.
I wish I were a spy.
Rob
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Rob »

I agree that there should have been a vote on it. I hate all this, "Focus on the helping!", crap. Yes we're a site to help people but we're also a community. HOW does having a 'top poster' and all that nonsense affect the helping? I can see how it could be considered irrelevant, but people enjoyed it, so why remove it?

Beautiful is right with what she said above. You people are making this site more and more into something.. I don't know.. impersonal. Soon they will probably ban avatars, signatures and anything that makes anybody stand out, lest anybody feels inferior.[/b]
I wouldn't mind if there is a page somewhere on this site that shows an inane amount of statistics and what not. But seriously, such information need not be on the front page/index. It really does not belong there. The front page should offer navigation and (important) news items, nothing more really. Mind you, the front page also needs a make-over if you ask me. It doesn't really conform to W3 standards. It's also a bit bland.

As for the vote issue, why should there have been one? If the admins deem their changes fit then so be it. Seriously, why are you kids making such a big deal out of something so small? Does this deprecate your way of living? I would surely hope not (otherwise, suicide might not be such a bad idea after al), so stop whining already.

As for signatures, I wouldn't mind seeing them cut back in length in general. It's quite annoying to see that half of a thread consists out of signatures. Seriously, one or two lines I can imagine. But more? And images? Save them for your profile page, please? Not that it really matters. I turned them off already. But still, I find it somewhat stupid that it had to come to that.

These are just my opinions however on the matters mentioned. Don't take them too personal, as they aren't meant as such.
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

I don't agree with 'letting admins change things as they see fit'. Admins need to make changes that reflect the wishes and needs of the community, even if those wishes/needs are things the admins don't completely see eye to eye with. The decisions (or proposed decisions) so far don't take anything that the majority of the community have said into consideration. Thats only going to cause rifts and problems with a community that you are supposed to be trying to strengthen.

Personally, I'm not bothered by the proposed (or actual) changes one way or the other (with exception of the disrespect shown to Jeff - that was unnecessary). But I do support the fact that this community needs to be listened to, and if most people want things to stay as they are, thats the way it should be.

Are the signature/post count changes really going to make a difference? I don't think so. I think this has become rather petty and an example of how not to do things. Why not concentrate on the bigger, more important and benefical changes and let this go?

Take care,

Lena.

PS: I apologise if the above is slightly nonsensical. I'm tired.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

Why not concentrate on the bigger, more important and benefical changes and let this go? [/b]

That's what I want to know.

Taking off post counts, and randomly removing sigs wont really do anything to help the site.

The site has MAJOR things that need to be fixed/dealt with instead of little things like this.
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

This is done and over with

The sig is gone

"I hate all this, "Focus on the helping!", crap. "

HELPINGteens are we.... not really with that attidude we are.

Jeff; I agree with you [ again ]. I think post counts SHOW how much dedication a person has to the site.

To a degree - yes, to another degree - no. I think that post counts show you MORE of the people who have been here a long time and who have posted a lot (aka dedication), but not necessarily the impact of their posts, nor how helpful they are and how knowledgable they are.

I think its stupid that you guys took off the stars, AND postcounts. Its what makes this site ALIVE.

If nubmers and stars make this alive, then the reason for this site has been overlooked... Now we're trying to make you look at what this site is for.

There are going to be some changes that some of you, most of you, all of you, or none of you will like. Life is like a desert... sometimes you just have to work with what you've got.

THIS ISSUE IS CLOSED.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.