Personal Forum - Post Counter

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
Leapfrog
Veteran

Personal Forum - Post Counter

Post by Leapfrog »

There will be no changes to anything involving post counts.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Re: Personal Forum - Post Counter

Post by SirPostAlot »

okay i know i have asked this before, but before the tech wasn't around, so is it out now?

like how it calculates the forum we have posted the most in, is it available to check like the top 3, most active?

curiousity, b/c i love anaylizing data, and i know i could go throuhg and add up all of my posts and all of that fun shit, but it would just be easier if the tech was out, you know/

~Jeff~
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Blahh. Save it jeff. They took away our postcounts :(. && tHats nexxxxxxt.... :'(

Just kidding.

I think it would be a sweet idea... But if we get that.. I want our post counts back where we dont just have to go threw the profile!!!!! :P
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

you are not listenign to my question...

i could care less if you put post counts back on the front page (okay i do care b/c i still think its bullshit that you have your set mind about this topic and how post counts harm no one, but just "because" its not put back)...

but i am asking for our own personal page (our profile page)

it says "topic most posted in" (or w/e it says) and like mine says "Sexuality - 1668 posts" (or something like that)

can we not make it where we have all of our forums we have posted in it listed on our profile page?

and for people who don't like post counts (like yourself), there be an option of not displaying them or w/e?

~Jeff~
Kit
Veteran

Post by Kit »

you are not listenign to my question...

i could care less if you put post counts back on the front page (okay i do care b/c i still think its bullshit that you have your set mind about this topic and how post counts harm no one, but just "because" its not put back)...

but i am asking for our own personal page (our profile page)

it says "topic most posted in" (or w/e it says) and like mine says "Sexuality - 1668 posts" (or something like that)

can we not make it where we have all of our forums we have posted in it listed on our profile page?

and for people who don't like post counts (like yourself), there be an option of not displaying them or w/e?

~Jeff~

[/b]

I actually like that idea. :)
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

It's okay, Jeff. Let's calm a bit about the post count things.

So let me get this straight, you're asking about each forum that you post in, next to it you have the amount of times you posted in it? :huh: You have to be a bit more straight with us here .< Sorry.
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

IPB doesnt aloow for that. So to answer your question.

Sorry but it cant be done.

:)
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

hmm, well it would be nice if it could somehow...

its odd how it will calculate our top most posting forum but not the rest

sam - go to your profile...

on the right hand side it will have : Total Posts and Most Active In (each w/ the post count totals)

i think it would be nice if under the most active in it had a list of all the forums (or at least top 5) and how many posts you made in that forum...

~Jeff~
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

Yeah, I was checking that out last night in my profile.

But as interesting an idea I find that, I'm sorry it can't be done. Why don't you check off your top 5 somehow, Jeff, and write them down? I'm sure you know which ones you post in most. You're good with the counting stuff. <3
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

i thought about doing it and then i looked and i have 325 pages of posting :( haha...

NEW QUESTION: can you set it so when you click on your profile and search your posts from your profile page that it comes up as a list as it does when you search for your topics that you start?

because it comes up now as the actual post, but its kinda annoying, so if it can be done where it is simply a list, that would be great . . .

~Jeff~
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

Cant be changed from how it is. Thats how it was designed by the IPB coders
sbloemeke
Veteran

Post by sbloemeke »

i thought about doing it and then i looked and i have 325 pages of posting :( haha...

NEW QUESTION: can you set it so when you click on your profile and search your posts from your profile page that it comes up as a list as it does when you search for your topics that you start?

because it comes up now as the actual post, but its kinda annoying, so if it can be done where it is simply a list, that would be great . . .

~Jeff~

[/b]
Actually, there is a way to get it, but it's kind of weird. Go to "Search" at the top of the screen, and do not put anything in the keyword box. Click "More options" For the user to search under, put your name. Then select the forum in the box. You can find any posts sorted by forum there. I've done that once...
Kit
Veteran

Post by Kit »

^^ I never thought of that...*goes to go try it*
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

yeah that can work though it doesn't come up to like ones you post in more than once (like topics)

so you just have to click on the "posts" and see how many of them are yours...haha...

since i have to stay up all night (i am fucking pissed at my roomate - need to vent at him) i will probably add up a couple i feel i posted alot in)

~Jeff~
sbloemeke
Veteran

Post by sbloemeke »

^^ I never thought of that...*goes to go try it*

[/b]
Heh... I'm a bit curious too... Self harm has always had the highest amount in my profile, but I wonder what's second... Hm...
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

haha it takes a long time - i did religion, haha you can definitly tell teh area when i was mod and posted alot in there, haha, but i found my 500th post occured on April 22, 2005! :)

i had a total of like 600

~Jeff~
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

I didn't bother checking mine because I could care less. : )
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

<3

----------------------