Too Many Forums

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
Queergrrl
Loyal

Too Many Forums

Post by Queergrrl »

I just wanted to say that maybe some of the teenhelp crashes is because of the overload of forums and posts, but even if that is wrong there is too much on here anyway. This is supposed to be teen HELP and we have all these luxury forums and just not needed stuff. Suggestions could be done by email, announcements could just be posted on the main page, not even in a forum, and you can introduce yourself in the forum when you make your first post. I just think there is to much junk for just a place that it made for support and questions. chit chat stuff can be done through pm and aol. :) thats my two cents. xox
Samantha Queergrrl

xpennyroyalx@hotmail.com

my world.my love.my gun.

1800-SUICIDE (7842433)

http://www.cap.gov
Cindy
Veteran

Re: Too Many Forums

Post by Cindy »

The crash was caused by a hard drive failure of our host. The SGs weren't affected by it but there was some coding that wouldn't allow the SGs to be up till the site was back. The extra forms had nothing to do ith it...
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

I agree that the sub forms suck. i'll bring it up to my fellow asmins about it :)
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
Gandalf
Loyal

Post by Gandalf »

We still need some "luxury forums" because otherwise a help forum gets misused for chatting. I agree it shouldnt have to happen, but otherwise the teenhelp system gets abused. There are far too many though. Maybe all of those type could be put into subs and replaced by some of the other sub topics that we actually need. I.E. Consolidate the entertainment and chitchat type forums etc and bring out some more of the forums that I can't even find!
"The happiest people are those that are too busy to realise whether they are or not."

Enlightenment is the one and only answer to happiness

It will take a lifetime to realise who you are, just trying to be yourself is a much more obtainable goal

Read And Follow The Support Group Rules
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Why do we have to condense the forums? You don't have to read every forum on here you know. Just go to certain ones that you think you can help in best, or ones you want to go into. I personally see nothing wrong with our current layout.
NAAM
Queergrrl
Loyal

Post by Queergrrl »

It's just a suggestion.
Samantha Queergrrl

xpennyroyalx@hotmail.com

my world.my love.my gun.

1800-SUICIDE (7842433)

http://www.cap.gov
Jake
Loyal

Post by Jake »

Let me start by saying that: Even though it may seem like it, we do in fact read the posts in the forum. I personally agree with you Q.G. that there are some areas in the forums that seem very useless....However, these very same forums, as useless as they seem, are well used by people in many instances. This is true with the suggestions forum, and the introduce myself forum.

However, it would be inpractical to get rid of these forums alltogether, because they are widely use, and to give one example: one of te most annoing things about the old forums that I remember is the fact that all the new people always flooded the forums with their posts.

These reasons together have given me the idea to hit a midpoint in the issue, and fine a way to please both parties while still maintaining the quality of the board. More information on this will come in due time.

Again, I'd like to state how gratefull I am that you are caring for the needs of the forums, and apreciate your feedback.

-Jacob Wilson
-Jacob Wilson
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

I'm already out of a job, hehe... (joke)
--nj