Site History

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
four
Veteran

Re: Site History

Post by four »

I read the logs of the staff journals, from when they were still up... I would say it was rather easy for them to get cursed out for not replying to helplink. And branden, even in my short time here I have seem more drama then I have ever seen anywhere in my life. And if we could compile an accurate history it would be very interesing to read. Have a whole nice timeline of the people that owned it and ran it and such.
NAAM
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

I'm sure Helen would do it if we really wanted it.

She's really not as bad as everyone still thinks.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
Sosa
Loyal

Post by Sosa »

the page about the site(if the full site history was included) would just be creation,sponsers,buying of site,deleting parts of the boards,adding and taking away of different topics,people leaving,people wanting to have some sort of power on the site,the while when the boards on teenhelp didn't even exist because of all the fighting and shit like that, and ummm yeah everything and anything else that has happened
four
Veteran

Post by four »

That is the most vauge history lesson I have ever heard. Although it may be long and hard to get...a full site history would be very intresting.
NAAM
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

I agree w/ four it would be kool to hear (even tho i've been through most of it) the only bad part most is gonna be hear-say
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
nj100688
Veteran

Post by nj100688 »

i would really like to hear what the shyguy incident was too. i never heard about it.
its better to have people think you're stupid then open your mouth and prove it

If you're going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill

people often over look that a one in a million chances is still a chance
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

It was all over wired, USA today.. all of the major newspapers. I remember it happening, but I was reading wired.com everyday.
DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie »

Yeah. I put a link to the USA today story in the topic about this in chit-chat. Haha, whoever hasn't seen this much drama needs to look around high school more often. My circle of friends is drama-filled, and I like my life that way :P. Helen's not bad at all, don't know where people get these ideas. The power struggles were bs I'm sure. My friend's trying to start a site up like TH that's helpful, but he wants to actually use advertising. Hmm. I think the history of this site would be really interesting, b/c I was a newbie so many times that I never really got involved in what was going on around the site. Oh well. :cries b/c all the old people are gone/going buhbye:. :sniffle:. <3
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,...7,42716,00.html

Shyguy incident link to one of the papers who covered the story.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.