Chat

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
DarkSoul
Loyal

Chat

Post by DarkSoul »

Ok so I go on the chat from time to time looking for help or if there'ss someone who needs it. I think it's a great idea, and I've actually gotten help on there the day I quit SI (before my relapses started). Anyway, everyone's probably noticed how dead it is, and thats not good if you're someone who wants to be dead too and there's nobody to talk you out of it. I know there've been lots of posts about this before, but I think it's even more urgent now. We need people on there to help eachother out of potentially fatal situations. I think it's something we really need to work on. But how??? suggestions please, even though I don't work here maybe someone who does can work on it.

I've been thinking and maybe we can do an iphone app? I don't know how, but smartphones are so popular that it would be more convenient.
princess95
Loyal

Re: Chat

Post by princess95 »

[quote name='DarkSoul' date='13 October 2009 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1255465329' post='458622']

Ok so I go on the chat from time to time looking for help or if there'ss someone who needs it. I think it's a great idea, and I've actually gotten help on there the day I quit SI (before my relapses started). Anyway, everyone's probably noticed how dead it is, and thats not good if you're someone who wants to be dead too and there's nobody to talk you out of it. I know there've been lots of posts about this before, but I think it's even more urgent now. We need people on there to help eachother out of potentially fatal situations. I think it's something we really need to work on. But how??? suggestions please, even though I don't work here maybe someone who does can work on it.

I've been thinking and maybe we can do an iphone app? I don't know how, but smartphones are so popular that it would be more convenient.

[/quote]

i think we could put ad's places. i think people like the adults should be on often but people do have lives they have to live and take care of families.some times people need advice prettty quick or they could make a wrong decision.
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

The problem is that we need more staff for it, and the staff need to dedicate time to being there and available. As for an iphone app - wouldn't even know where to begin. We run an IRC server, so if there's an app that allows you to chat using IRC, then that app will work for HT's Chat.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
DarkSoul
Loyal

Post by DarkSoul »

Ive looked into it a little bit and these might be some good links for the IRC iphone app:

http://zeptotools.wordpress.com/2009/01 ... or-iphone/

http://www.mobiletipstricks.com/colloq- ... ur-iphone/

http://www.iphonestalk.com/live-chat-and-irc-on-iphone/

And I also e-mailed Apple about it, I hope that's ok. Am I not suppossed to do this since I don't technically work here?
DarkSoul
Loyal

Post by DarkSoul »

A nice Apple guy replied to me and told me all I have to do is call the local Apple retailer and they can help make a free app I think. Except the problem is that I can't call them because I don't have all of the details about the IRC or anything. I don't want to dump this responsibility on someone's shoulders, but I can't do it so if anyone can that would be so amazingly admirable!
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Main server name: irc.helpingteens.org port 6667

Backup server name: helpingteens.dyndns.org port 6667

Channel #teenadvice

The userid (used for the Identd identifying purposes, if possible) iphone

If it needs a name - include either HelpingTeens (preferred) or HT.

If you can do it, that would be great.
Last edited by OverDrive on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
DarkSoul
Loyal

Post by DarkSoul »

Ok so I don't actually have an iPhone so I can't test this but I think if you get the IRChon app (it's free) you can enter the info from OverDrive and it will let you in. Does anyone have an iTouch or iPhone that can try it for me?