Moderators

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
Jess
Veteran

Moderators

Post by Jess »

i know that applications are closed right now because we have enough mods, but if/when we get more, i think that the minimum amount of posts needed should be 250.

after all, it would be pretty odd if we had newbie moderators, and i think that by the time you hit 250, you've gained enough knowledge of the site and how its run.
Image the banana dance will live on!Image
Mugsy24
Loyal

Re: Moderators

Post by Mugsy24 »

Sounds fair enough to me- how do you know if they are 'quality' posts though?

Image~Megs
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

Sounds fair to ME! Hehe. Yay!

-Samantha-
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

four
Veteran

Post by four »

I was the 3rd member to join and I only have slightly over 600 posts. I think upping the number to 250 might be a bit excessive. At 100 you understand how things work I think.
NAAM
Jess
Veteran

Post by Jess »

Originally posted by Mugsy24@Apr 26 2003, 04:45 PM

Sounds fair enough to me- how do you know if they are 'quality' posts though?

because posts can be reviewed
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

Weren't most the mods now chosen with less than 200 posts?
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Yeah I think would be about right Emily.
NAAM
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

I was actaully thinking of this the other day, and i actually agree. members ar no longer newbies after 250 posts right? well thats should be where the mods limit should be...
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

i agree with what cindy said, it should be changed with the newbie status thing.
yeah some of them were but not most of them.
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

I agree with that. I also think that if they have "most active forum" as Chit-chat, they should not be taken on to the staff. It means straight-out that they don't have mostly quality helpful posts in the forums which they would be moderating in.
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Ditto... I think it would be fair enough to say even 500, because at that point you can really get to know the person and are pretty sure they won't just skive off into the night. But 250 is more reasonable I think.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Jess
Veteran

Post by Jess »

Originally posted by LettingGo@Apr 27 2003, 04:34 AM

i agree with what cindy said, it should be changed with the newbie status thing.

yeah some of them were but not most of them.

yeah, a few that i know of. one in particular that stands out is Sammy. Who applied and was accepted when he had only about 115 posts........
Jess
Veteran

Post by Jess »

Minx
Loyal

Post by Minx »

I like the idea of 25o being the least number to be a mod...but i disagree with fruitloop about if their most active fourm is chit chat they shouldnt be allowed on the staff...i know my most active fourm is chit chat but i know i do have very helpful post...and so do others whos most active topic is chit chat...well yup :)
Dose it honestly really matter? think about it
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

If their most active form is chit-chat they shouldn't be allowed on staff INLESS their applying for mod of the chit-chat form! that would be the only way i would agree to that
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
Minx
Loyal

Post by Minx »

yes but some of the best mods on TH who dont even mod the chitchat have most of their post in chitchat..but anyway im gettin off topic...250 i think is a resonable number
Dose it honestly really matter? think about it
Jess
Veteran

Post by Jess »

Originally posted by Minx@Apr 27 2003, 10:07 AM

I like the idea of 25o being the least number to be a mod...but i disagree with fruitloop about if their most active fourm is chit chat they shouldnt be allowed on the staff...i know my most active fourm is chit chat but i know i do have very helpful post...and so do others whos most active topic is chit chat...well yup :)

:no: i recently looked over the top posters and most of them are staff, and awesome staff at that. however, about 4 out of 5 of them had chit-chat as the forum that was most posted in. BUT that only accounted for an average of 24% of their posts. meaning that 76% of the time they are off helping someone else! :) so i think that fruitloop's idea is irrational as well. :thumbsdown:
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

fruitloop Posted on Apr 27 2003, 04:23 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with that. I also think that if they have "most active forum" as Chit-chat, they should not be taken on to the staff. It means straight-out that they don't have mostly quality helpful posts in the forums which they would be moderating in

okay now that was offensive to me most of my posts are in chit chat so because of that i shouldnt be aloud on staff?? <_< gee thanks alot for the encourage ment there <_<
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Jess
Veteran

Post by Jess »

Originally posted by LettingGo@Apr 27 2003, 01:47 PM

fruitloop Posted on Apr 27 2003, 04:23 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with that. I also think that if they have "most active forum" as Chit-chat, they should not be taken on to the staff. It means straight-out that they don't have mostly quality helpful posts in the forums which they would be moderating in

okay now that was offensive to me most of my posts are in chit chat so because of that i shouldnt be aloud on staff?? <_< gee thanks alot for the encourage ment there <_<

seriously, lettinggo is one of the BEST advice-givers on this site...and most of her posts just so happen to be in chit-chat. :) but whooo carees? that doesnt make her any less awesome!!
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

She has over 3500 posts though! I meant proportionally.. if out of 250 posts, most of those had been in chit-chat.. that doesn't really give a good indication does it?

When you get to 1000+, proportionally it all evens out in the end. Like, my most active forum is religion but I also post lots in the other forums. I am over 1300 now, but proportionally I post in different forums as well as religion in the end so it is all even and I spread my help about when I see it.