Sub-forums

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
Gandalf
Loyal

Sub-forums

Post by Gandalf »

I've just tried to post in school stuff and i've realised a pretty obvious thing. You can't post anything generally. If it doesn't come under homework or bullying then you can't post. Shouldn't there be a general forum like with chit chat with the sub-forums going from there? I know those two topics are important but there are others which don't fit under them. I'm sure this must be an issue in other forums, I can't believe it hadn't been brought up in the past..
"The happiest people are those that are too busy to realise whether they are or not."

Enlightenment is the one and only answer to happiness

It will take a lifetime to realise who you are, just trying to be yourself is a much more obtainable goal

Read And Follow The Support Group Rules
junglemonkey
Veteran

Re: Sub-forums

Post by junglemonkey »

I've always thought this. There should be other places to post relating to school stuff because it is a big part of most teens lives. School isn't all about being bullied and having too much homework :P

I think there could be another general area for school, or something like extra curricular, or teachers or something. :)
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

It could work.. But what about school do you have to post besides hw and bullying?

Anything else really already has it's own forum (Why me?, Depression, Relationships...)
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

Isn't homework and bullying covered in those? Isn't everything? I just think it would be nice to have somewhere to put general school problems :)

Myspace
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

But what would be an example of a general school problem that doesn't already have a place in the Support Groups?
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
Gandalf
Loyal

Post by Gandalf »

My topic was about leaving school, there is a topic which isn't covered in those two forums. If you look in the general forum all other school topics have to be put in there at the moment, this isn't how it should be.
"The happiest people are those that are too busy to realise whether they are or not."

It will take a lifetime to realise who you are, just trying to be yourself is a much more obtainable goal

junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

But everything is covered in the general forum, but it seems wrong to put a school topic in there. Why should school be restricted to Homework and Bullies? And example of a school problem could be about subjects, or even universities or something, to me theres no place for them. A lot of times I've went to post about school and just said forget it, it doesn't seem fit.

Myspace
Gandalf
Loyal

Post by Gandalf »

As you said school is a massive part of teens lives, for many the biggest part. There are many topics and sub topics for school. It is very rare to find a subject that can be broken down into two major topics and encompass every perceivable topic.

Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

i was thinking that the other day that that form should be added.... I've had a few things to ask about school that didn't fit in any other form..... yeah i would support this form to be added
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
pmfman
Veteran

Post by pmfman »

i totally agree, if not a forum called "general" then one called "teachers" atleast
"we have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated" - Corinthians

"only two things are infinate, the universe and stupidity" - Albert Einstein

"People standing on escalators are a testimony to human lazyness" - Christ Novolestic

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are" - Kurt Cobain

"Just because your paraniod it dosnt mean there not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"Peddle the ass that god gave you, buy nitrous" - Dave Ghrol
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

I agree with the teachers thing. I'm sure a lot of people are frustrated or have something to say about them

Myspace
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

if the public wants it, give it to them. Cindy, skye, dustin, add it I guess.. unless someone really has something against it.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama »

Didnt there use to be three school forms? A school stuff type form, a homework form, and a bulling form? Way back when? on the old forms i think... dunno what happend to the one.

But yeah there are definately alot of things that dont fall under homework and bulling, like Gandaf's topic, or stuff about teachers, stuff about the school its self.

If you want an example, then a topic that i could probably post about kids who go to highschool on the otherside of town because the school down the block sucks- like my self. Dunno if theres any one else here like that, but if i wanted to find out, a general school stuff topic would be where i would put that.

Another topic that i did post in the general school stuff form back when it was still there was about something that one of my teachers said to me.

It probably wont be the bussiest form in the place, but it'll be there when someone needs it no?
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
Gandalf
Loyal

Post by Gandalf »

Teachers? Wouldn't this just cause hate and anger towards them, wouldn't it just promote bad language? I think this would just give us an out of control forum and cause problems. Much like what we see in sex sex sex albeit with different subject matter.

It also does not give us a general forum, one that can contain any topic about school.

Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

Added :)
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

Would this not require extra moderating though? Or would the others just look after it?

Myspace
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

I have a mod lined up.. i'm just waiting to see if we are going to need a mod....

Gandalf
Loyal

Post by Gandalf »

Well done people, very quick response, the suggestions forum has also improved recently.

Gandalf
Loyal

Post by Gandalf »

Wow, we have 28topics in general school already!

Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

Originally posted by Gandalf@May 25 2003, 04:56 PM

Well done people, very quick response, the suggestions forum has also improved recently.

Well it also depends on the suggestion. Adding a form is a 2 min deal, fixing smilies was a 5 min, cause i had to search for the name of them, under the topic and all that. alot of other things take longer, or have to disscussed at the next board meeting (Which sadly this saturday i will be be missing).... so it depend on all that, and if the admins have time to do it at the second....