Does Anyone Else Hate Flood Control?

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
Britt
Veteran

Does Anyone Else Hate Flood Control?

Post by Britt »

ok..so i type and try and post really fast..cuz thats how i am..and then that stupid flood control always stops me and makes me angry..does any one else have some problems with flood control?? or is it only me

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Flood Control?

Post by xxwhereisfredxx »

GRRRRRR!!! yes...that happens to me too! and all the time....if you're posting in the same like...whatever ya callit...makes me frustrated! haha cause i have something to say....and i wanna post it but then it STOPS ME! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

flood control is EVIL!
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

sexyheather
Veteran

Post by sexyheather »

i agree! *bam bam bam* shoots flood control! :ph34r:
The quote that saved my life, "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
four
Veteran

Post by four »

It is supposed to piss you off. What could you be posting that is small enough to post in 30 seconds that is important anyways? And if someone was actually trying to flood, hopefully having to wait 30 seconds will cause them to stop trying to flood.
NAAM
DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie »

*argh* FLOOD CONTROL DIE! it's not just that, it's like if you're in one forum and you send a post and then read a post that's short but even want to write a long reply the window won't open to type your reply for 30 seconds. and between that and some bad wiring [c/o me and my brother] for the dsl that causes the dsl to shut down for 1-5 minutes when the phone is picked up, i can't get posts thru lol.
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.
Britt
Veteran

Post by Britt »

yay..its not only me that hates flood control..its only happened to me once so far today..and i just got on like 5 minutes ago...its already pissing me off

Sky
Veteran

Post by Sky »

i hate it 2!!!
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'Something told the wild geese

It was tine to go

Through the fields lay golden

Something wispered- "SNOW"

Leaves were green and stirring

Berries,luster-glossed

But beneath the warm feathers

Something cautioned- "FROST"

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

But each wild breast stiffened

At rembered ice

Something told the wild geese

It was time to fly-

Summer sun was on their wings

Winter in their cry
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

The flood control is a good feature (I think)...its to prevent people from multiple submitting posts, by accident or intentionally. Every single time you click the "Add Reply" or "Post New Topic" buttons, it will create a post for each click. That is why its enabled. Trust me, you're better off than you where before, the time limit WAS 60 seconds. Now if need be, I will lower the limit to say 20 seconds. :) :)
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Britt
Veteran

Post by Britt »

yeah..well today i waited 30 seconds when the flood control thing stopped me..then i clicked on reply..and it did flood control again..it made me so mad....it would be way better if you lowered it to 15 seconds..that would make my day