Friends Again

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

She
Veteran

Friends Again

Post by She »

My ex and I are talking again, as friends. I'm so happy, because it's not weird between us at all. Me, him, and two other friends sat at Arby's for like three hours Wednesday talking and tonight he was on our team for a big band scavenger hunt across town and afterwards we all went out to Steak n Shake and hung out. And then I was the last to be dropped off because he missed my neighborhood, and we just talked, it wasn't weird at all.

So, yay. But of course, then there's that I'm still not over him (damn me). He broke up with me early May methinks and I'm having one hell of a time trying to get over it. Well, actually, I'm just failing miserably. But you know. To make matters worse, there's flirting involved (he flirts a lot anyways), and for aforementioned scavenger hunt we were crammed in the back seat together and then there were a couple times when we were near-holding-hands. I'm fairly certain he's not into me like that anymore. (He kind of has a girlfriend whom he hasn't spoken to in the past two and a half weeks. He's pissed because she didn't join marching band so he stopped talking to her and then band camp came along and ate free time.) But damn it. !.

And no, I'm -not- telling him how I feel. At least not any time soon. I'm going to get ooover it. Yes I am.

Somehow. Dammit.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Alicia07
Dedicated

Re: Friends Again

Post by Alicia07 »

[color=FF0099]wow kinda sounds like me a couple months ago..you will get over it in time and if you get to the point where you just absolutely can't get over him..you have to tell him thats just the way it is sorry i wish you could just keep it bottled upbut that would make it worse..anyways..but don't make your hopes high..i'm not saying it will come out bad..but i'm not saying it would be good either..what i am saying is you wont know what to expect..if you need to talk just IM me on aim or if you have msn..here is my email address for mesaging alicia_elfers@msn.com and my email for email [email]elferkids@msn.com..or[/email] just talk to me here!

im here if you need to talk! good luck w/ him! :D[/color]

~Dreams can come true in life if you take the time to think about what you want~
English_Rose
Loyal

Post by English_Rose »

God he does seem like a really nice guy. But do you actually know why he broke up wid you??? If you do, tell me in an email \/\/otev@. But if you do find out why, try and improve on what he broke up with you over. Then you have a chance of goin out wid him agen!!!!!

Just remain friends if you have or decide to get over him. But remember, you ca't just get over him by the click of your fingers..it could take T.I.M.E
archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

You need closure! You need him to want you, but then you have to turn him down!!!

Keep on flirting with him, keep him as a friend, but enjoy being single and flirt with lots of other people too. He will realise that he really wants to be with you, but then you turn him down! The ultimate way of getting over someone, is for them to NEED you, but for you to NOT need them!!!

(if all else fails, sit in your PJ's all day, eating ice cream and listening to soppy love songs)
She
Veteran

Post by She »

English: We hadn't been talking that much, things were getting old, he wanted to try something different, he was getting bored of being in the relationship (though I was "still a wonderful person).. I could've told you better two months ago. I forget now. :P

Archers: If it got to the point where he liked me again I don't think I'd turn him down. I don't think I -could- turn him down. I'd be kicking myself for months if I did. Closure sounds right.. but I don't know. I wouldn't want to lose him as a friend. I keep saying I want to get over him but then the other half of the time I know I just miss him and I only want to be over him because it hurts. And that's holding me back.

And I'm still, despite my best efforts, remaining hopeful. You're right, I need closure. But I've got my foot back in the door and I'd like to pull it out before the door closes (pardoning the bad analogy).

Thanks for your help, guys. Just winging it for the moment.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

She
Veteran

Post by She »

And I just got back from a birthday thing at Friday's. There were like eight of us and he was flirting with me, we ended up holding hands a couple times. So since obviously something, even if it's just harmless flirting, is going on, I'm going to have to talk to him about it. I'll talk to him either at a party on Wednesday, band on Tuesday and Thursday, or over the phone. I don't expect he wants anything beyond a friendship, which is okay with me, but I'd like to at least know his motives behind the flirting, see what's up. Tell him to quit it if he's not going to break it off with his pseudo-girlfriend now. Sound like a good plan?

SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

Its hard to be around an xbf after u break up because there is flirting and ur feelings could get hurt. When my and my xbf it was so hard because we still wanted to maintain a relationship but it was just to hard for me to see him. I didn't want to have a b/f g/f relationship with him any more. Even though its hard and you still have feelings for him when hes flirting with you, you need to let him know that ur just friends. Nothing else. If he doesn't have any intrest in being anything else then its not fair for u to get ur hopes up because hes flirting with you. The best thing to do would be to find someone else that u can focus ur attention on. Then u could flirt with them and u wouldn't need urx. Good Luck :) Mandy
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
publicpunkperson
Loyal

Post by publicpunkperson »

Sounds like a good plan to me. It just seems to me that he isn't ready to settle down into a long term relationship and wants to play the field. You sound like you getting to a time where you are ready to make healthy descisions about what is best for you and thats really good. That's a place a lot of people want to be. Talking to him about the flirting thing is really good because if your trying to get over him and he just wants to fool around its going to make things a lot harder.
earth is the insane asylum of the universe