Homecoming

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

nj100688
Veteran

Homecoming

Post by nj100688 »

ok so me and my girlfriend go to different schools so we decided to go to her school for homecoming (i wouldn't want to go to my school's anyway). she said i have to meet her there because she's going to her friends before going to the dance thing. i would feel weird going alone because i don't want to be droped off by one of my parents alone and look weird and i would feel weird if she's running late and i have to stand there waiting for her all dressed up alone ( i really really hate dressing up). i would basicly know nobody there but her and i have no friends that would come with me because none of them would want to go and they never go to dances anyway. i was wondering if its weird that she's asking me to meet her there and if its weird to come to homecoming alone with one of your parents dropping you off. i'm a freshmen so i have no idea how it works. so thanks for any replies.

P.S. could you also tell me what guys wear to homecoming at your schools. they say semi-formal which i always thought was just a dress shirt and dress pants but my parents say i have to wear a suit so i was just wondering about that too.
its better to have people think you're stupid then open your mouth and prove it

If you're going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill

people often over look that a one in a million chances is still a chance
She
Veteran

Re: Homecoming

Post by She »

Generally people hang out with their dates before homecoming. Like, she goes and gets ready with her friends and then her friends and their dates and you and her go get dinner and/or take pictures at someone's house, and then you all go to the dance together. Do her friends just not have dates or something? It's pretty odd to not be arriving -with- your date or going out for dinner beforehand or at least to someone's house.

And ask her--here, the guys wear suits but take off the jackets anyways. You just need them because of the bootineers(sp?), essentially.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

Well have you talked to your girlfriend about how you feel? that would be your first step. If you do wined up going alone, tell her to meet you at a place at a time, and tell her you'll be there a few mins later, so it looks liek your not waiting she is.

Also semi-formal, wear a nice shirt and a pair of slacks, no jeans. no need for the tie and dress shirt. as your girlfriend to help you pick out somthing, so you mach her dress somewhat (trust me, if shes going in pink, you do not what to be wearing somthign yellow and black... ewwwww)

Cindy
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
big_johnson
Loyal

Post by big_johnson »

Well, the place where we hold our homecomings gets soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hot that most of us guys wear tanktops and by the end of the night we are dripping sweat and it looks like someone took a waterhose to us. But, I would wear something casual...like abercrombie shirt and some jeans to go with it. We only dressup for prom, and that is tux and dress.
"Others who broke my heart. They were like northern stars, pointing me on my way into your loving arms. This much I know is true, that God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you."

Lying close to you feelin' your heart beatin. And Im wonderin' what you're dreamin. Wonderin' if its me your seeing. Then I kiss your eyes and thank God we're together. I just wanna stay with you in this moment forever!

"Take time with a wounded hand cause it likes to heal"

-Nirvana
Daddys_Lil_Defect
Loyal

Post by Daddys_Lil_Defect »

For our homecoming, everyone wears jeans and a tank top or something....(well the girls at least)....its not a formal thing or w/e.....but it is weird how shed rather meet u there...even when its jus dances at my school, we all go to someones house b4 the dance and chill.
SpargoMn
Loyal

Post by SpargoMn »

You're right on semiformal being a nice shirt and pants, a tux is formal, you can wear it, but if you don't know the people there I wouldnt recomend it. I'd say just ask your gf and bring this up to her. Truthfuly though, no one is probably gunna care if you are out waiting for her, so don't sweat it. Everyone is too worried about how they look to care about you anyway ha ha so rock on.

-Spargo
"You can't teach the heart logic, and you cant teach the mind love"

-Spargo

My LiveJournal