Ive Been W/ Him For 3 Years...

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

CoolChick123
Loyal

Ive Been W/ Him For 3 Years...

Post by CoolChick123 »

i love my boyfriend...we broke up last summer, but other than that 3-4 months we have been going great for 3 years...he lives about an hour away from me, so we see each other about 1-3 times a week....the distance sux!

so my boy is in his 2nd year of college...he loves where he is going and isnt about to move...as for me, im a senior in HS and it sux...i dont feel like i have any friends anymore, i spend a lot of time jealous of people who do, and worrying that im a "loser" cuz i dont have a ton of plans...ive always had friends, and this year we all drifted apart, and ive had a really hard time dealing w/ it...its hard for me to call people up to hang out, and its hard to hang out w/ new people cuz its kinda awkward...i dunno, just making sure u have things to talk about and stuff...

im getting off the topic..

so anyways i got into san diego state which is about 2 1/2 hours from my house in the opposite direction of my boyfriend, which means to see him could easily become a 4 hour drive...im moving into the dorms there, cuz i think itd be a good way for me to get out again, meet new people...what do u think? ok, so if i do move there me and my bf decided a relationship more than likely wont work....i mean we've done the distance thing for so long, and now to be even FARTHER...and he thinks cuz ill be in a dorm ill have a lot of chances to hook up w/ other people and it just wont work...so in 5 months we are breaking up

this is the hardest thing ever! im not happy here, but im afraid that if i move down there and leave him ill be more alone than ever....at least now i know im not totally alone cuz hes always there for me...what if i meet nobody and i made the biggest mistake of my life? we say we'll get back 2gether in a year or 2 when hes done w/ school...we say we'll talk on the phone everyday...we say we'll get 2gether every other weekend...what do u think? will this really happen? what if i do meet somebody else...i dont want to...me and my boyfriend always planned on getting married, having kids, growing old 2gether...what if he meets someone else? he swears he wont, but u never know...i dont wanna feel like im just kinda using him now so im not completely alone...i dont wanna forget about him if i get down there and do meet a lot of people...but i dont want him to forget about me if i dont

i feel like a bitch....part of me worries that maybe the reason i love him so much is cuz i know i have someone, and i know im not alone...i dont want to think that! i just wish everything made sense! we spend nights on the phone 2gether just crying and crying over this...im gonna miss spending days w/ him laying in my bed, late nite phone calls ((we always fall asleep 2gether on the phone every night listening to each other breathe...kinda dumb, ok, but i love it!))...HELP ME! is this supposed to be so freakin hard?!
cloudstrife
Loyal

Re: Ive Been W/ Him For 3 Years...

Post by cloudstrife »

why is it that you feel you have to break up? sure, you're going to live 4 hours apart, and won't get to see each other as often. but it seems like you two like each other enough that you can work it out.

i have a friend that moved away to college from her boyfriend, just like you, except they didn't break up. they still talk to each other and try to visit each other as much as they can, and don't let the distance bother them. if there is love between you, it cannot be broken up by something like air or space. think about it... you're just moving a little farther away from him. it doesn't mean you have to stop loving him, does it? i don't think you have to break up.

as far as your situation goes with friends... you will most likely meet new people if you are living in the dorms. just try to get out while you live there, don't lock yourself away in your room, and present yourself to the people around you. i was also worried that i wouldnt meet any friends when i moved to college, but now i have many new friends. you can make this unhappy situation a happy one that all works out if you work at it. ;)
sol
Loyal

Post by sol »

Don't let distance break you two apart. At least try to keep the relationship when you move. If it doesn't work, then remain good friends and maybe later down the road meet up again. Long distance relationships aern't easy, but if it's meant to be, then it will work out in your favor.

Why did you and your friends drift apart? Don't be afraid to call them up and shoot the shit. If they are true friends, they'll always want to talk to you or have you around. Just because relationships seem weak, it doesn't mean they are dead. My gf drifted apart from her friends because she spent a lot of her time with me. She started calling them more and hanging out with them again and things seem better. Right now, her and her friends are great, but it would have never had happened if she hadn't put in an effort.

Moving into dorms will definately help you meeting new people. In my eyes, you can never have enough people in your life.

"A handshake is nothing but the shake of two hands." - LA Symphony
LynnLove
Loyal

Post by LynnLove »

hey i understand that the distance thing can be hard, i go to a dif school than my bf even though we live in the same town and even thats hard. i can only imagine what it will be like for you. but heres me honest opinion.

first of all im so glad that ur goin to the college u want and not somewhere else for your bf, dont do that its stupid.so dont change schools cuz a him

secondly you never know a long distance thing could work, my bro and his gf were together 3 years when she left for college in ny and we live in fl by the way. now you want long distance thats it. but they love each other enough and they take every break they can and fly and see each other. i think if you and ur bf really love each other you can work this out,

i dont think you should break up over it that just makes things worse on you, its not a good feeling to go threw with him with the thought in your head of the fact that its gunna end in five months, its not health

i say you and ur bf should stick together through this, try it, see how it works, cuz if you dont at least try to make it work then ur gunna spend the rest of ur lives worndering what could have been and that is the worst feeling ever.

im not sure if all this babble is even gunna help you but i hope it helps somewhat.

i wish the best of luck to you and ur bf and if you ever need to talk my sn on aim is Cassabash1489

much luv cass

i cannot remember

what life was like through photographs

trying to recreate images life gives us from our past

and sometimes its a sad song

but i cannot forget

refuse to regret

so glad i met you

take my breath away

make everyday

worth all of the pain that ive gone through

and mama i been cryin