Is This Crazy Or Am I Really Right About This...

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Michie
Veteran

Is This Crazy Or Am I Really Right About This...

Post by Michie »

I've gone out with this guy for almost a year.

When he asked me, we were just friends and I wasn't sure about my feelings for him, I was nervous because I was never in a relationship before, and yet I still said yes because he was really sweet, smart, and could make me feel good about myself.

But I was never good at making meaningful conversations, i was pretty boring this whole time...he moved onto university and I'm stuck in high school, and oftentimes our talks are stressful and frustrating...I ask him how he's doing, how is his day, and he responds...and then it just gets worse...

I don't know what else to say to him in a conversation...how else to talk about random events and be interesting....I'm just not interesting.

I read that in a relationship there is no unconditional love...that you ahve to work at the relationship...you have to be an interesting individual, who has self respect, who is goal-oriented, knowledgable, who can carry a meaningful conversation...you have to challenge your partner and be challenged as well, you have to grow as a couple...you can't sit in comfort zones...

Maybe I am reading magazines for older people...but then again, I am at university age. I should be grown up.

My bf's frustrated whenever we talk becuase I always talk about insignificant, meaningless things in his mind...and I have the mentality of a high-school student and not a mature individual.

Was I never ready for a relationship in the first place? The reason I went out with him was because he was nice, he made me feel good, and he was originally a friend so I was comfortable with him...maybe I never had that spark, that intense " I love you " feeling, though I said the L word because he did too...though I'm not sure if he loved me or jsut what he thought I was

Um...Please help...I would like opinions...I've got such low self respect, esteem, worth, etc.. Oh, ya, and I'm lazy
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
Jesykah ^_^
Veteran

Re: Is This Crazy Or Am I Really Right About This...

Post by Jesykah ^_^ »

You've really just got to ask yourself whether or not you'd be happier without him. And ask him whether or not he'd be happier with you. You two could still talk on the phone from time to time, but like you said, he's stressed about University, and you're still having fun in high school. Only you can decide what you want to do though.

My boyfriend is graduating this year and I'm only a Freshman. Next year he'll be free to do whatever because he's not going to College right away, and I'll be a sophomore in high school... I've yet to figure out how it's going to work between us, but eh.

Good luck, and if you need to talk to anyone personally, you can PM me.
<span style="font-family:optima" J E S S I C A [/b]

<span style="color:orange"Jessica's MySpace. Go on, click it.