Still

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

scarred_for_life
Loyal

Still

Post by scarred_for_life »

around a month and a half ago, me and my boyfriend broke up. and hes a really good friend of mine still...but somehow i still cant find myself getting over him. im still hurt about if he doesnt say bye to me and stuff...and i mean i dont show that im hurt but i still care about him a lot. and it really hurts to kinda see that hes steadily moving on. somehow i still have hope inside of me that somewhen everythingll get better. but sometimes i just think i needa get over it and move on, but how...its so friggin hard. and i dont wanna start doing stupid things again to myself to make it easier...toodles...advice needed :alien:
He swears he didn't mean to...he was just cleaning it and then it went off...:)
Jesykah ^_^
Veteran

Re: Still

Post by Jesykah ^_^ »

I know that at times it can be hard, and there's really nothing that'll make you just "forget" about it. You have to try to make yourself forget about it. Atleast he's still a good friend of yours, right? And at least it happened at all, right? You've got to allow yourself to move on, otherwise it'll never happen. Think positive rather than negative, and be thankful that he's still in your life and didn't just completely forget about you.

Hope I helped. If you need to talk, I'm here.
<span style="font-family:optima" J E S S I C A [/b]

<span style="color:orange"Jessica's MySpace. Go on, click it.
JazzIsLove
Loyal

Post by JazzIsLove »

Hey

it's gonna be hard to remain friends with someone you just broke up with..that's almost always the case. Which is why being friends after a break up is so hard.. one person usually still has feelings for the other one.

Either you're going to have to get past those feelings and strictly be his friend..or just remove him from your life..or at least remove him as a closer friend of yours. Either choice wil be hard..But if he's not willing to get back together with you, you're most likely going to have to chose one of them.

Otherwise, just hang in there for now.. any type of breakup will be painful..but as the saying goes, time heals all.
~ALLIE~

What you do speaks so loudly I cannot hear what you're saying

In the province of the mind, what one believes to be true either is true or becomes true

Brent <3 4/12/05
scarred_for_life
Loyal

hmmmm...thats some really good advice. somehow lately after spring break he hasnt been talking to me as much...and i agree with the time going by that ill get over him, but why the hell does time have to move so slowly?! *sigh* this is crazy.
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

The standard 'Saya approach' to a break up is to cut them out of your life completely.

I still have feelings for my ex and I haven't seen him/spoken to him in 3 months. Lord knows what I'd be feeling if I had kept up contact with him. If he's moving on, then the only thing you really can do is at least pretend to move on yourself. Is a friendship healthy for your self esteem right now? Do you really want to be his FRIEND or just cling to what's left of your old relationship?

Chances are, it's never going to happen. It's been there, done that, never again. Try to live your life without him for a few months - & definitely don't talk to him unless he talks to you first. Think of your pride. Create a wall between the two of you.

I'm not sure if this is bad advice but so far, being his 'friend' doesn't seem to be working out too well for you. Try the opposite.
I wish I were a spy.
scarred_for_life
Loyal

wow...thats some good advice. i think that im gonna try the whole "not talking to him unless he talks to me first" thing, cause i think thats whats going on right now. its really sad. i want him to be my friend. we were once best friends, and he said when we broke up that he still wanted to be my best friend. if friends is all he wants i would love to do that. but i guess its getting harder since he isnt talking. but ill keep quiet too. the bad thing is, hes helping me through something serious. and he has all my stuff. and he said he would keep it all, but lately ive been wanting it back again. anyways, i needa go now, since im at school and i needa go to my class...see ya :alien:
Jesykah ^_^
Veteran

Post by Jesykah ^_^ »

I know how the whole "friend" thing can go. Me and my ex-best friend went out before, and it wasn't very great. I mean our relationship was great, and after that it was ok for a while... then it slowly just started dying. Now it's probably more dead than it ever has been, and he's one of the only people on this world that I felt I could tell ANYTHING to. Me and him once talked for like 11 hours on the phone. Yeah, 11 hours. That's a long time. It was cool because both of us were very opinionated and in my mind, intelligent. So, we could talk about whatever came to us. But, now that's gone. Sometimes things just work out that way. You probably do need to just wait until he starts talking to you first. Or just tell him everything thats on your mind right now. That's my advice. Hope I helped, and if you need to talk about anything personal, PM me.
<span style="font-family:optima" J E S S I C A [/b]

<span style="color:orange"Jessica's MySpace. Go on, click it.
scarred_for_life
Loyal

:D ill keep u guys updated on everything...:) thanx