Mixed Messages

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

snowboardgirl_16
Loyal

Mixed Messages

Post by snowboardgirl_16 »

I really like this guy Dan but he keeps sending me mixed signals. Before the Christmas vacation we hung out whenever we could (and when neither of us were studying for exams or just needed a break) If we were not together, we we either talking on the phone or texting each other back and forth. Even when he was getting on a plane to go to Hawaii for the break. I went to Mexico for the break so we didn't see much or talk much during the break since I got back here at the university 2 days before classes started again. Anyway, when I was getting off the plane when I got home, I turned on my cell I got about 3 texts from him asking me if I was home yet, when I would be home, to call him when I get home etc. So as soon as I got back home I called him and we talked for about 2 hours about our trips. Close to the end of the convo, he told me that the last night he was in Hawaii he made out with some girl on the beach and he said it was an awesome end to his trip. I that moment I had a call on the other line and so it was a good thing because I just wanted to puke at that moment. After I checked the other call (which was my parents making sure I got here alright) we just finished up the convo but I said I had to go because I still had to unpack. He called me the next day and asked me to hang out so we went out for a drink and sat there and talked for 3 hours. It was good, but my heart was just aching. He was flirting with me a bit... but I don't just want to be another one of his conquests.. It's hard to describe how I feel. One part of me thinks that he likes me by always calling me and asking me to hang out and texting me all the time when we aren't together... but then after what he said I just don't know anymore. I know that he is single so he has every right to do whatever the hell he wants since he is unattached, but when I like someone, I just don't go and make out with random people and by the way he's been acting around me he's sending me vibes that he does. I'm just so confused that I can't even really fully describe how I feel or what I'm thinking right now in words... that's the best that I can do
"Could you be the one to find me safe and sound? Love is how it's lost not how it's found. I don't know those eyes, but I see beauty there always. I know it's wrong to love you from afar but it's a craze." Azure Ray

"Take a look at yourself, and put your heart upon the shelf. It still bleeds, these wound won't heal, This pain inside is all that's real. Fall, as fire. Fall as fire from the sky above." Stutterfly

"It's all about the icing, and nobody cares about what's inside. You could see the outside face, it looks good, it must be great. And I know that's all you see. What would it matter anyway? Cause I can see right through your pretty, pretty skin today." The Early November
Anna_Banana
Loyal

Re: Mixed Messages

Post by Anna_Banana »

ok obviously he isnt going to come right out and tell you how he feels...one day when you are texting or which ever you prefer tell him you need to ask him a question that you need an honest answer to. and ask him how he feels about you and if he likes you on more than a friendly basis. its better for you to put it out there even if he doesnt feel the same. keep me posted on how it goes sweetie

if you need to talk feel free to pm me anytime

<3333 Anneliese
Dobby
Loyal

Post by Dobby »

One thing that is hard to accept for some people, and believe me I've been down that road many times, is that people just like to have friends of the opposite sex. Not a b/f g/f type of thing, just friends.

I know I know, you might ask but how can this be that way if we go out so much and talk so much ect...Well, I can give a prime example in myself. I have a g/f named Malori, but she doesn't go to my college so I don't get to see her very often. However, one of her friends whom I met the first day on campus, and who actually set us up, does live here on campus. It may seem weird to many, but I am more willing to call her up and eat lunch with her than to call any of the guys up in my fraternity to have lunch with them. Maybe because it gets me away from the troubles of the fraternity, or maybe because I know we will have a good time together. The funny thing is that we are seen around so often together that many of my fraternity brothers did mistake us for b/f g/f, but we are not. We have more of a relationship of a brother/sister that actually get along.

I'm in no way saying that he doesn't like you more than a friend though. He might. However, the way Lizz, my g/f's friend, and I get along and fight and talk ect...can also be catagorized as flirting, but to us it's just hapless fun, more often pestering one person or the other.

My bottom line is that just because a guy hangs around you a lot doesn't mean that he likes you more than just friends. There is a chance that he has found you to be a very good friend to him, one that he can just sit down and have a good convo with and things of that nature. However, as Lizz might say, "He could just be being a pansy." As in he just might not have the guts to take this anywhere else. Hey guys can be spineless too. Luckly I'm not completely without...close but not. Just keep in touch and if you think it looks like he's in it for more, then try it, but if not, don't push it. Well, at least that's my opinion.
99.9% of putts left short never go in, and that applies to everything in life.[/b]
snowboardgirl_16
Loyal

Thank you both for your replies, it really helped a lot with trying to figure things out. We might be hanging out tonight, but I don't know, hopefully, and we'll see how it goes from there.
"Could you be the one to find me safe and sound? Love is how it's lost not how it's found. I don't know those eyes, but I see beauty there always. I know it's wrong to love you from afar but it's a craze." Azure Ray

"Take a look at yourself, and put your heart upon the shelf. It still bleeds, these wound won't heal, This pain inside is all that's real. Fall, as fire. Fall as fire from the sky above." Stutterfly

"It's all about the icing, and nobody cares about what's inside. You could see the outside face, it looks good, it must be great. And I know that's all you see. What would it matter anyway? Cause I can see right through your pretty, pretty skin today." The Early November
mandy219
Loyal

Post by mandy219 »

I agree, sometimes you may have feelings for your friend but ur feelings may or maynot be returned. The best thing that you can do is what beautiful said. Just ask, theres no harm in asking. Keeps us posted we wonna kno how things turn out.

hugs, amanda
Sk8r_4_LiFe
Veteran

Post by Sk8r_4_LiFe »

sounds to me like this guy is an honest guy, and even though were honest, we can be hurtful without even knowing it. His accomplishment of making out with the Hawaiiain girl is like to good to keep a secret - he sure doesnt want to be stoic about it - i wouldnt either. Even though what he said hurts, think of it in the optimistic way. He considers you to be a close enough friend, where the bounds of gender dont really matter. Like I have girls that are friends, but subjects like that are taboo. But then i have girls that are close friends, that just cause shes a girl doesnt make us share in each others sexual happiness. Which is cool. Now I know you like this guy, but realize that ur happy where you are now. And whether or not it grows into something great or stays where it is - should be fine either way. One way would be better than the other but the other way would be just fine.

Now for a lil more optimism . For me, and i think that a lot of guys like the same, to be the one, or that awesome girlfriend, not only do u have to connect with us on a girlfriend level, but as a bestfriend level too. I want a girlfriend that I can chill watch the NY Ranger game (cause Im a hockey fanatic) tell all about my personal relations whether there at work or other friends, and then have some tlc ontop. Maybe u might be the one for him
Me: So do you like, HIM?

Rosca: No way, they suck. . .

Me: How can you say that, they're love METAL

Rosca: They ain't Metal!

Me: Well they probably get more women than we will ever in our lives combined

Rosca: Yea cause they're gay. . .
snowboardgirl_16
Loyal

We hung out last night but nothing happend. When he drove me home I was so close to telling him that I like him but I got scared and now (of course) I regret not doing it. His younger brother is one of my best friends The guy I like, Dan, is 22, I'm 18 and Dan's brother is 18 as well and we also dated for two weeks as seniors in high school, but it's all cool because Steve (Dans brother) knows me better than anyone. Last night before I went to hang out with Dan, I called my best friend Tracy to tell her I was going to hang out with Dan and Steve was at her house. I talked to him for a bit and when I called Tracy after Dan and I hung out she said that Steve said he has this strange feeling that me and his brother are dating, Tracy said she just laughed and told him no we weren't. I'm going home next weekend and I will be telling Steve that I like Dan and see if he has any advice about his brother.

It's kind of funny that a year ago Steve and I were exactly how Dan and I are right now. I've become such good friends with both of them that it's weird but at the same time really cool.

FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

i am not sure asking his brother would be a good idea because he (steve) asked your friend if you and dan were dating as if (and this is only how it sounds to me) he still likes you...-MARY
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
snowboardgirl_16
Loyal

He wouldn't still like me because the reason he broke up with me was to be with another girl.. which they are still dating and it's been 10 months