Partner Cannot Understand

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

angelviccy
Loyal

Partner Cannot Understand

Post by angelviccy »

Right so my girlfriend, they way she sees the past is get over it, forgive and forget or just forget the past and get on with your life, get on with the relationships you have theese days that you have today not this time last year.

Well im sorry i cant do that, she knows i cant but she doesnt understand

we had a real heart to heart last night for about 3 hours because we have been argueing alot recantly.

Well its just stupid, every time she kept saying i dont understand why your down, i have shit in my past and i just get on with my life now (thats her saying that), so why cant you?

HELLO!!! its called flashbacks i have told you before i get them but you dont listen to me

thats what gets me so down, thats what makes me feel like i want to just end my life,

I aint coping and i have no idea what the hell to do.

She wants me to talk to her but i just cant, cant find the words, the time, the energy and when i do i just feel selfish in talking about myself all the time, even tho i dont.

She said last night that i know quite alot about her life but she knows hardly anything about mine, just one thing that happened last year.

She said that she cant see why i dont just get on with my mum since she doesnt even have a mum that lives near her and she sees hers like 2ce a year or something silly, so i should be greatly and i just snapped and said 'Yours didnt hit you when you were younger'

How can i get her to understand that that is why i am like i am today, that and other things that i have going round and round in my head.

Before any of you say go see a counsellor, i have, i have tried loads, 2ce through the doctor and they are NO good at all i cant talk to them and then the one that i did was in college and after 4 months of once a week gave me a number to call to go to a centre and then just left me on my own. Gave up. Like everyone else. Why?

I have a mental health assment on monday or wednesday and not looking farward at all to that.

Please i just dont know how to get my g-f to understand???? :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:
"One more step along the world i go"

"As i travel though the bad and good"

"give me courage when the world is rough"

"The people of darkness are needing a friend"

Stuck911
Loyal

Re: Partner Cannot Understand

Post by Stuck911 »

Just tell her that your not like her. She shouldn't try to compare her past to hers because they aren't the same. And she might never understand why you feel this way.
DON'T HIT KIDS..... No seriously...... They have guns now

I'm ashamed at what I did for a Klondac bar.......

I want a realtionship I can finally sink my teeth into
angelviccy
Loyal

Post by angelviccy »

i have tried that she keeps comparing me to her ex's as well which i cant stand i have told me

anyone else?

Stuck911
Loyal

Post by Stuck911 »

Have you asked her to not compare to her ex's?

angelviccy
Loyal

Post by angelviccy »

Yes i have, still nothing she still keeps on doing it.

And Thanks everyone else, thanks for the support x

Stuck911
Loyal

Post by Stuck911 »

Sorry if I'm not being much help. Are you really happy with her? Cause it seems like she's not going to bugde(sp?) on it. what ever happened with the assiment?

Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Post by Barbies are Evil »

honestly, if she won't budge, i'd evaluate the relationship.....are the pros really worth all the aggravating cons your telling us about? if its more trouble than it is worth, then you might want to move on.
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
Nikki
Veteran

Post by Nikki »

how to get your g-f to understand? Did you tell her everything that happened to you when you were young? I mean, you're the one who's saying that she doesn't know that much about you.. so I really understand her and why she doesn't understand you. Sharing can help, that's why she's trying to make you talk, coz she wants to help you. And as you don't tell her a lot about herself, it's normal that she tells you to leave the past and live in present (that's a good advice btw, coz you do realise that you're not gonna be stuck in your past forever, otherwise your life will pass you by). So yea, I totally understand your gf. I'm sorry, it's probably not the thing you wanted to hear, but just think about it - it's true.
God kicked in the head so I started a fight, coz I knew I was right! But I learned I was wrong...
Stuck911
Loyal

Post by Stuck911 »

Hey checking in to see if you got your results back from the test. How are things going with your relationship