He Called Me His Girlfriends Name...

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

love_not_war
Loyal

He Called Me His Girlfriends Name...

Post by love_not_war »

okay, so i was on the phone a couple nights ago, with a guy i kinda sorta like.. and around 6 months ago, we kinda sorta had a "thing". but not really. we just talked on the phone.. every night. and he liked me, and i liked him. but it never went anywhere.. so we stoped talking for quite sometime. and i knew he had gotten a girlfriend since then. but i thought id text him anyways. so he called me, and we talked for around three hours... but like half way thru the conversation he called me his girlfriends name[which, by the way, he doesnt even like her. he just doesnt want to hurt her feelings.. which i told him hes going to end up doing anyways].. i told him he did it, but i kinda just shook it off, even tho it bugged me.. so we kept on talking, and a few mins before we hung up, he did it again... but this time it really bugged me. and i got kinda pissy, so i let him go..... we havent talked since tho. and i dont plan on us talking again... i dont wanna bug him anymore... but should i have let it bother me so much? or should i just be like whatever? i mean, he musta been thinking about her, or he wouldent of said it.. he shoulda just told me he didnt wanna talk to me or whatever tho then... ugh.. what would you guys of done??
Muh eLJay[livejournal]

"*Don't be a drag baby...

I dig you a lot, and if it makes any difference, I'm in the band.

No no no, I don't sing.

No, I don't play guitar.

I play tambourine...lead tambourine!*"

"I Try To Look At Your Face, But All I Can See Are Your Breast!"

"It Really Hurted When I Banged The Floor!!"

"A Fry With No Salt Is Like A Butt With No Hair!!!"

"My Tummy Just Went 'BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH' haha!"

"*So don't let the world bring you down,

Not everyone here is that fucked up and cold.

Remember why you came and while you're alive,

Experience the warmth before you grow old.*"
sinical_sycology
Loyal

Re: He Called Me His Girlfriends Name...

Post by sinical_sycology »

maybe he felt that he was talking to his girlfriend.....you nvr know, and him calling your name it just might habitual since there was a time separation between you two
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"An educated fool is more foolish than an ignorant one." - Moliere -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

I suppose he could have been thinking about her. Or it could (as SS said) have been familiarity. Don't forget he initiated calling you. If he didn't want to talk, he could have just texted or not contacted you at all.

I often mix friends names up, and that doesn't mean I care any less about the person I'm talking to, I'm just scatty. LOL.

I guess the best thing to do - if its really bugging you this much - is to ask him about it (and tell him why you're asking).

Take care,

Lena.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

i know when me and my boyfriend first got together i always wanted to call him by my ex's name, its prolly just a simple mistake...

also... i know it may not be the total same thing but my mother has seven kids and most of the time she has to go through every other girls name before she gets to the right one....
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
sinical_sycology
Loyal

^lol that's very funny
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -
CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig »

Hi love_not_war!! :)

I appreciate WHY that would have upset you - but try to keep in mind - there is a REASON WHY a lot of couples call each other 'Honey' and 'Baby'!! It's less risky than saying the wrong NAME!! I wouldn't take it too personally.

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)
Nikki
Veteran

Post by Nikki »

lol, come on, it doesn't mean anything. It's not like you're lovers and he did it in bed. It's a simple lapsus, and even if they happen for a reason as says Freud, it could be a simple mistake. It happens to me all the time - call a friend by another friend's name. And it doesn't mean that I'm in love with that other friend or that I was thinking about them while talking
God kicked in the head so I started a fight, coz I knew I was right! But I learned I was wrong...
sinical_sycology
Loyal

^^^ boy you do not want to call a girl another girl's name while you're having sex.....the situation gets a little ugly lol

Nikki
Veteran

Post by Nikki »

haha, yea, especially for a jealous girl
God kicked in the head so I started a fight, coz I knew I was right! But I learned I was wrong...
CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig »

^^^ boy you do not want to call a girl another girl's name while you're having sex.....the situation gets a little ugly lol

[/b]
And it will get SUPER UGLY if you call her by your MOTHER'S NAME!! lol :P

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

or by her mothers name, also by an ugly chicks name that would piss me off.
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
sinical_sycology
Loyal

I wonder what would happen if you said your best buddy's name during sex.......I bet that'd be weird...but yeah don't say another girl's name when you're in bed with your gf....I've accidentally done that before, it sucks really it does....especially when that other girl's name is her sister's lol oh boy

angel88
Dedicated

Post by angel88 »

okay, so i was on the phone a couple nights ago, with a guy i kinda sorta like.. and around 6 months ago, we kinda sorta had a "thing". but not really. we just talked on the phone.. every night. and he liked me, and i liked him. but it never went anywhere.. so we stoped talking for quite sometime. and i knew he had gotten a girlfriend since then. but i thought id text him anyways. so he called me, and we talked for around three hours... but like half way thru the conversation he called me his girlfriends name[which, by the way, he doesnt even like her. he just doesnt want to hurt her feelings.. which i told him hes going to end up doing anyways].. i told him he did it, but i kinda just shook it off, even tho it bugged me.. so we kept on talking, and a few mins before we hung up, he did it again... but this time it really bugged me. and i got kinda pissy, so i let him go..... we havent talked since tho. and i dont plan on us talking again... i dont wanna bug him anymore... but should i have let it bother me so much? or should i just be like whatever? i mean, he musta been thinking about her, or he wouldent of said it.. he shoulda just told me he didnt wanna talk to me or whatever tho then... ugh.. what would you guys of done??

[/b]
Oh wow. I wouldve hung up honestly. I would've never let a guy call me his females name. . . That's disrespectful. If he's supposed to be on the phone w/u and only talking to you then he shouldn't be think about anything else but you. U did right. About him never or not talking to you again. He will and he will eventually leave her and most likely come back to you. So be prepared. It's happened to me. That's what guys do. They want to explore their options and then when they find out how good they had it w/a female that they really liked or cared for then they will be back. Be aware though.