Concept Of True Love

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

hereandthere
Loyal

Concept Of True Love

Post by hereandthere »

What is true love? How does it differ from regular love? Is it possible to not recognize it when you see it? Does true love have to be mutual or can it be unreciprocated? Is there a standard definition?
Nikki
Veteran

Re: Concept Of True Love

Post by Nikki »

Have you ever tried to count the number of times people have asked these question? Have you ever seen THE answer? I mean, everybody will say different stuff, and no, there's no standard definition. You only will know what true love is for you when you find it. So, if you asked these questions, guess it hasn't happen yet. So good luck finding it ;)
God kicked in the head so I started a fight, coz I knew I was right! But I learned I was wrong...
Lostinhersong
Loyal

Post by Lostinhersong »

Well...true love is a difficult thing to define to a normal person, and normal is something I am not. See...I'm actually the type of person to at this point, not believe in love at all...I don't know why, I just don't...
"Excuse me while I go and have a 'geek-gasm' "- random guy at Comic-Con '07

Brittni: -rips pants off of me-

Me: HEY! I was wearing those!

Brittni: My pants...I therefore have the right to revoke your right of wearing them. I just acted upon my right, and flattened your right...

Me: Yeah...You're right.
sinical_sycology
Loyal

Post by sinical_sycology »

it doesn't exist it's all in your head
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"An educated fool is more foolish than an ignorant one." - Moliere -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -
Harlequin
Loyal

Post by Harlequin »

it doesn't exist it's all in your head

[/b]

That's exactly what I was going to say.
<span style="font-family:Impact"<span style="color:purple"0 Days sarcasm free.[/u]
JesseJStealth
Dedicated

Post by JesseJStealth »

Love has a different definition from person to person. What someone may consider love, another may not. I think, personally, that when you find true love you will know it - based on how you act, how you feel when you talk to them... You'll know. Some people don't find it in their lifetimes. Others do. It's really an individual matter.
The Descent into Madness... Jesse J.