It Was All Going Well

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

skatingf00li0
Loyal

It Was All Going Well

Post by skatingf00li0 »

First off im not very good with girls thats why im writing on this forum, lol. So this girl i like. Ive been talkign to her for about the last two weeks but ive known her for like a few months. We both somehow landed up on academic probation and became study buddies. Becuase of this we did everything togethor. We ate lunch togethor, hung out togethor; called each other 20 times a day. I bought her a cake and balloons for her bday. It was like we were almost going out. We were drinking last night and she asked my friend.

"does ___ like me, i dont want to hang out with him anymore if he does"

I have not talked to her since, im like so shocked. She was definatly flirting with me too. Anyway, im not sure what i should do in this situation. I think it would make the most sense to just stop liking her and hanging out with her so much; and simply move on.

Any suggestions?
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Re: It Was All Going Well

Post by FiZzBaW »

Friend,

The situation your in sux, of course you already know that.

What you should do, depends on a few variables.

How much you like her, and if you think you could continue to just be friends with her.

If you like only "kinda" like her then I support your idea of simply no longer hanging out with her as much and moving on, while possibly nurturing a friendship.

On the other hand if you like her so much that you can't see yourself just being friends, I would suggest you talk to her about it directly, see if that was the alcohol talking or if she really doesn't like you. If you like her so much, you most likely won't be able to be just friends so confronting her about it will have only 2 real possible outcomes, 1) she does like you back and a relationship develops, or 2) she doesn't like you back and it will be easier to stay away from her and move on cause she doesn't want to hang out with you if you like her.

My personal opinion on the subject is to move on because from what I gather from your statement (bold ed below) it seems like you only "kinda" like her.

I think it would make the most sense to just stop liking her and hanging out with her so much; and simply move on.

[/b]
-Hope this helps

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

skatingf00li0
Loyal

Post by skatingf00li0 »

i think im going to ask her out on a date... i think that her best friend who told me this information might be lying
sinical_sycology
Loyal

Post by sinical_sycology »

well man whatever floats your boat man whatever floats YA boat Good luck wid da gurl
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"An educated fool is more foolish than an ignorant one." - Moliere -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -
skatingf00li0
Loyal

Post by skatingf00li0 »

shit, she only likes me as a friend... lol... but dont people start off as friends, i dont get all this relationship bullshit
sinical_sycology
Loyal

why hello skatingfoolio *shakes hand* welcome to the "I don't know shit about this relationship bullshit" club, I'd like you to meet the other 600,000,000,000 members :D
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -
skatingf00li0
Loyal

Post by skatingf00li0 »

ok new problem, she wants to be bestfriends with me... but i still like her. i think she wants the attention but not the relationship... its kinda hard to get over her if she is acting like this. i dont know, any opinions?
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW »

Friend,

Again, All I can say is that its really hard to be just friends with someone your in love with, so if your in love with her..... its most likely not going to work, if you just "like" her, then go for just a friendship. Refer to my first response to your original post for more detail, it pretty much applies here as well.

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

----

FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

eh friends lead to friendlier hang out show her how cool you are, i never meant to date one of my exs but he turned out to be a great bf
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
skatingf00li0
Loyal

Post by skatingf00li0 »

ok so here is the problem... im pretty sure i will never get her. She still keeps calling me to hangout and its pissing me off. Then we hangout she is always saying how all these guys are hot. This makes me said becuase it makes me feel like all those guys are better than me becuase shes attracted to them and not me. So im thinking "FUCK THIS BITCH" right? So how can i stop hagning out with her? Im thinking stop instant messaging her and calling her; and eventually she will stop too. What do you think?
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW »

Friend,

If you can't/don't want to just be friends with her then you need to tell her that and stop talking to and seeing her. Its pretty simple. Make the choice and act on it. You are only hurting yourself by dragging this decision on.

-My thoughts

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

----

sinical_sycology
Loyal

tell her to fuck off, lol then again maybe you shouldn't lol. Um just tell her you don't really want to hang out with her as much anymore or you could just piss her off, then she'll leave you and you won't feel so bad to tell her to fuck off

sweetcakes
Loyal

Post by sweetcakes »

well she might not be wanting a relationship right now. if she currently got out of one then that could be it. or some girls just flirt a lot and she might not think you're taking it seriously. if you feel like she would actually stop talking to you because you are starting to like her then you probably should stop hanging out and talking to her so much that way you can kinda stop the feelings for her a little bit. but if i were you i would tell her that i do like her a little bit and see what she says. and if she doesnt like it then be like well that's cool we can just be friends. im sure you dont want to stop all communication to her so choose your words wisely.

but if you do want to stop talking to her..just tell her. that you think it would be best if you two stopped talking because you dont like how she keeps coming to you talking about other guys. and you want it to stop so you want to stop being friends. just be upfront with how you feel..beating around the bush wont help you stop talking to her. if you have to be rude..lol. girls dont like that.
<span style="font-family:Georgia"[I love my son!]

~*Nellie*~