Saying "I love you"

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

snowboardgirl_16
Loyal

Saying "I love you"

Post by snowboardgirl_16 »

I think that I've fallen in love with my boyfriend.. we had our 6 months today and he couldn't be sweeter. I think about him and he makes me smile, I love to talk about him to other people, and he makes me feel all goody inside.. haha.. corny..

But here's the thing.. I don't want to be the first to say the "I love you". He told me that in his last relationship, she said it after 2 months and he only said it back because he felt obligated and she expected him to. I don't want that. I don't want to say it and him to be forced to say it back when he really doesn't. I know its a gradual thing, a gradual feeling... like I don't even want to say it and be "you don't have to say it back if you don't, when your ready your ready" type of thing cause I know he'll say it just to make me happy cause thats the kind of boy he is.

I'm generally a person who always says how they feel, but I'm not so sure in this case? Should I just hold out until he says it first (if he does)? He's been hinting at it lately... he made me hot chocolate the other day and said "I made this with love".. Another time we were play fighting and he said to me "All I want from you is your love" Just things like that.. and long long gazes into each others eyes and him smiling.. (ok.. heart meling thinking about it... haha) I don't know, I'm kind of stuck here
"Could you be the one to find me safe and sound? Love is how it's lost not how it's found. I don't know those eyes, but I see beauty there always. I know it's wrong to love you from afar but it's a craze." Azure Ray

"Take a look at yourself, and put your heart upon the shelf. It still bleeds, these wound won't heal, This pain inside is all that's real. Fall, as fire. Fall as fire from the sky above." Stutterfly

"It's all about the icing, and nobody cares about what's inside. You could see the outside face, it looks good, it must be great. And I know that's all you see. What would it matter anyway? Cause I can see right through your pretty, pretty skin today." The Early November
Kit
Veteran

Re: Saying "I love you"

Post by Kit »

Hit at it back then. When he says those types of things like "all I want is your love" then say "well you do have my love."

Go plan some sort of sweet dinner-date for the two of you and then ask him how he truly feels. Or when and after you do this say "I did this to show you my love."

Really it's just reading he expressions without reading too far into them. I wouldn't say flat out "I love you" to him just quite yet - but hint at him back and see where that takes you.
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!