how do you

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Ana
Loyal

how do you

Post by Ana »

how do you get over someone you love with all your heart and you know he is the guy for you?

how can i just move on?

okay now to tell you my story.

I have known donald for over a year and i really like him alot, in fact i love him and know i do. but the thing is donald is with my best childhood friend, me and her are now enemies.have been for almost 3 years. but the thing is.. she treats him like crap. he cant have any friends that are female or even talk to females. the only way i get to talk to him is to call him at midnight and talk until he falls asleep. his mom hates candace, the gal he is with. but me and her we act like mother and daughter. we go shopping get our hair done together and hang out. i even took donald to walmart and picked out her mother's day present. candace is so jealous she doesn't even want me at his house when he is home. so i try to stay away. but Darla his mom is like a second mom to me. my mom is a total witch and i cant stand her. so i cling to darla. on numerous days darla has said i wish you and donald were together. and donald has tried to break up with candace but i really dont think he wants to. because the last time he did she tried to kill herself.

how can i move on? :confused:
Loves Chris with all my heart. without him i do not know where i would be. he is my savior and someday i hope to help him like he has helped me.

I love you chris.
Ingenuity
Loyal

Re: how do you

Post by Ingenuity »

well, I know you feel like he's the one and your maddly in love with him, but it seems like it's not going to happen. So weather or not he is the one, you will be forced to get over him sooner or later just because it won't happen. I don't believe in "the one" or anything, but for anyone who does, you'll notice that not everyone ends of with their "soul mate" or w/e. and you've just got to live with it. I've had friends tell me they were madly in love with a guy and then a year later be completely over him. Even though you probably don't think that will happen right now (they didn't either), it might. Or, you might always have feelings for him, for the rest of your life. You can't really do much in this situation except to keep going on and see what happens in the future, and possably help your former friend to get some help. She sounds very troubled, and while I am concerned for you, my attention was drawn away by her attempted suicide. You use to be friends, so you must have liked somthing about her, maybe she just needs a little help getting back to her old self. I don't know really. Good luck though.
Save The Cows!
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

Hmm. I would be careful how you handle this, but I would try and get it across to this guy that his girlfriend is being manipulative, abusive (yes, it is abusive) and horribly unfair to him by not allowing him to have friends who are girls and by attempting suicide so he would stay with her. I would also question the strength of the relationship if she can't trust him around other girls.

If he was happy with her (and she didn't treat him badly/he hadn't tried to break up with her), I usually wouldn't advise to tell him how you feel because if he's happy with her, he won't want to leave her and it would cause unnescessary problems. However. In light of what you've said.... (and I would be careful how you handle this) if your feelings are that strong, I would tell him how you feel. (Personally, if I didn't say something, I would regret not having done so and keep wondering 'what if').

If you do decide to tell him, be cautious with how you approach it. He may have changed his mind since having tried to break up with her and want to be with her, or he may not have any feelings for you in that way. Obviously (I think) you'll want to stay friends with him either way so make it clear that its okay for him not to feel the same way (if he doesn't) and minimise awkwardness.

As for getting over him, if you decide thats the best approach, the only advice I have is to give it time because thats the only thing you can do, really. You can try everything under the sun, but the only thing that will genuinely help you get over him for real is time and patience. (Trust me. I've been there, done that).

Take care,

Lena.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
Ana
Loyal

Post by Ana »

okay Lena. i have told him before that i have really strong feelings for him. he has kissed me but i stopped it because i wasn't going to let him cheat on candace. yes i liked it but it is not right i have been cheated on before and know how bad it hurts. i just dont know what to do anymore. his mom and dad want us together. because i have a good head on my shoulders but i just dont know what to do anymore.
Loves Chris with all my heart. without him i do not know where i would be. he is my savior and someday i hope to help him like he has helped me.

I love you chris.
sunshine daydreamer
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by sunshine daydreamer »

I know it sucks. I've been there, but let me tell you my story. I really, really liked this kid Joe but we were always just friends. I mean I liked him for about a year maybe two. I thought he was just my type, perfect for me. A little grungy, liked rock and punk, tatoos, piercings.. ya know? He started to date my friend, but I never told anyone how I felt about him. Eventually they broke up, and we started talking. Then he asked me out and I was so happy. Through the roof happy. Things were good for the first month but then he started to blow me off and treat me like crap. Then I found out he was cheating on me behind my back. I was devastated absolutely crushed. A few weeks went by and I was hanging out with my friend Zack and I met his friend John. He was my total opposite, redneck, four wheeling, fishing, etc.. At first I just blew it off like okay he's cool, but definatly not for me. We kept talking and running into each other and then he kissed me and it was so much better than things ever were with Joe. Now a year and a half later we're still together. I guess all I'm saying is.. don't stick to one guy. Waiting to be with Joe wasted so much time I could have been with someone better. I'm not saying your friend is a jerk, he could be a great guy, all I'm saying is don't get hung up on one guy, because you could be missing out. Not to mention he was willing to cheat on Candance, why wouldn't he cheat on you? Staying with someone because they threaten to kill themselves will always end bad. I was stuck in a relationship with my ex brandon for an extra two horrible months because when I tried to tell him I wanted to end things he would tell me if I left him he wouldn't be able to live or function. He threatened to *hurt himself* multiple times, and all that happened was I hated him for pinning me in a relationship I didn't want to be in. I really hope things get sorted out for you. Keep me posted on here or feel free to PM me anytime.